Can't Choose Production at All - Mod Incompatibility?

dj_g14

Chieftain
Hi, I am new to modding Civ 5, so I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but whenever I enable the Communitas AI & Tools with another mod called Corporations (Brave New World) (Workshop Site: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=171044751,
Forum Site: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=507293), pressing the choose production button does nothing at all, and I cannot access the production screen through any methods, is this mod just incompatible with CAT?
I've attached the lua.log file,
Thanks

Attachments

• Lua.log.zip
    7 KB · Views: 237
This is most likely a case of both mods trying to load *.lua files that conflict.

Unfortunately I can not at the moment check your log to see, or for that matter will I subscribe to that mod on Steam to check, I really don't like using the Steam subscription method. But that's another matter.

From what I can tell from the description of the mod, it probably makes changes to ProductionPopup &/or TopPanel lua files, possibly also to CityView & TechTree. If this is the case then, yes you face a problem. CAT makes changes to those files also, you will have to decide which one(s) take(s) precedence and rename/delete the other(s).

Looking at the screenshots for that mod, that is an insane amount of gold provided! Are you sure the philosophy behind that and Communitas match? Communitas has always been about balancing the game and this mod looks like it does the complete opposite.
Just my take on it.

Sorry if that isn't the answer you are after. It really isn't that hard though to fix. Maybe one day we can look at the files a bit more closely and see if something else can be arranged, but not right now.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

From looking at the lua, if I had to guess, the issue could be the additional luxury resources aren't playing with the tooltip writer very well and that another possibility is a conflict with the more luxuries mod (for either CAT or the corporations mods).

Top Bottom