Do wounded workers work slower?

Walter R

Great Engineer
Probably a dumb question, but I've often wondered whether to take a few turns healing a worker? Typically when workers are attacked whilst embarked they take a lot of damage but don't die, and you can get them to safety next turn. Same thing can happen from a ranged attack. I usually heal them when this happens but am never sure if it's a waste of turns. Anyone?

I believe they do not. Having to heal them to bring them up to speed seems like a logical idea though...

I don't think injured workers work more slowly, but it'd be pretty cool if they did.

I believe they do not. Having to heal them to bring them up to speed seems like a logical idea though...

Agreed. Worker speed should be multiplied by the fraction of HP that it has. It would also add a tactical value to bombarding enemy workers, since it potentially slows down their economic and domestic development. Perhaps this should come with diplomatic penalties, however, since you're attacking (and killing) civilian populations? Another concern is: how would you make this work with Work Boats, since they build their improvements instantaneously?

Probably a dumb question, but I've often wondered whether to take a few turns healing a worker? Typically when workers are attacked whilst embarked they take a lot of damage but don't die, and you can get them to safety next turn. Same thing can happen from a ranged attack. I usually heal them when this happens but am never sure if it's a waste of turns. Anyone?

Not a dumb question at all....I wondered about that for a while, but eventually I decided that it didn't seem to make any difference.... I suppose the only risk is that the worker is a bit more vulnerable if some other ranged unit takes at shot at him..... Something that doesn't really happen very often....

But, yeah, it would be a good idea if they maybe did work a bit slower if "wounded"...

If you were a glorious slavemaster, whip and all, would you really care if your workers were wounded?

I miss slave workers, it used to be so that if you captured workers from opposing civs, they'll turn into slave workers. They worked more slowly than your native workers. I had a certain sense of accomplishment with lots and lots of slave workers. Particularly if they came from someone who's been a douche towards me for the whole time.

I miss slave workers, it used to be so that if you captured workers from opposing civs, they'll turn into slave workers. They worked more slowly than your native workers. I had a certain sense of accomplishment with lots and lots of slave workers. Particularly if they came from someone who's been a douche towards me for the whole time.

The Huns to be exact

Wounded missioners spread religion without penalty. so, I don't think wounded workers work more slowly.

Shouldn't wounded missionaries spread religion MORE quickly?

Top Bottom