Worst things barbs did to you

Once barbs plundered all my trade routes in two turns. I went from making a healthy extra income to selling temples. I learned to keep an eye on the trade routes the hard way.

In an mp game once, barbarians got to plunder my naval trade routes several times. I wanted to take advantage of having naval trade routes over land trade routes because of the extra income. So i built triremes to attempt to protect the naval trade routes but my routes were still getting plundered. I finally went to the source, an encampment nearby and stopped it after 3 cargo ship rebuilds.

One time I was fishing and a hook broke my skin. The gosh darn barb made it sooo hard to get out. It was very painful. By far the worst thing a barb has done to me.

Barbarians always seem to have some sort of spider sense of when I've finished improving a lux or strategic resource, then rush right over to smash it and screw me over :/

I guess the plundered routes in a recurring theme--I know it is for me.

Why doesn't the AI control their own areas? I kept getting routes plundered that I had with Theodora and her routes were being plundered. She had a ton of ships, but was ignoring the barb encampment and barb ships right outside her city.

I had to go there and wipe out the encampment and barb ships.

for me it was easily the last game I played. I had 9 trade routes up at the time, and all of a sudden, BAM, I had 4 cargo ships plundered. it was not within my view, so I had to send a ship out in that direction, next turn, BAM, 2 more cargo ships plundered. I finally make it out there, and there are FIVE barb ships going OFF on my cargo ships.

so random. I never let my capital get hit, as my first 2 units do a quick scout then I leave 1 to protect from that point on. but lately I have added to this, putting a caravel on each of my key trade routes.

Top Bottom