Science victory too easy post patch? (Diety)

Tibbz

Chieftain
Is it just me or is science victory by far the easiest especially post patch?

I find myself on Diety basically winning no matter what as long as I just beeline the beaker techs and make sure I get adequate population in my main 3-4 cities. Follow it up by going freedom and getting statue of liberty (can pretty much get it 100% of the time even on Diety).

Pre-patch I felt like there was actually more diversity and even though aircraft were sort of OP now there is nothing to really slog through bad terrain and bust through enemy defensive terrain positions. Domination is fun, but just seems like a massive slog with the 6 plane limit, while you can get airports, this is not really viable when you are pushing forward front line constantly in a domination victory.

Diplomacy went from being maybe a bit on the easy side to basically not a viable option on diety just because by the time it comes around you or another civ will have launched space ship long ago - even when I am ally with every city state I do not have enough votes until numerous world leader votes go through and by that point you have alrdy won a different victory condition or lost the game to someone else launching a space ship.

Cultural victory I usually do not go for so not gonna comment, but it seems like a victory condition that you have to prepare for all game long unlike the other ones.

Just making this thread since pre-fall patch my victories would be split between domination, science, and diplo. Post-patch now it seems like all my victories are science just cause it happens that way naturally.

Diplo is still easiest I think in most maps. Your just missing the timing for getting the vote going if you are losing a space race to it. You get globalization far far earlier than your last tech in an SV.

Science being too easy is a failure of the AI and not the game mechanics I think. Xcom squads and stealth bombers take less techs than getting all the techs for space parts, and when used properly, domination has great viability.

Cultural victory is the most difficult only because you really have to catch up to the AI by the Renaissance in order to pull it off (while for a science victory you've got almost all game).

Science being too easy is a failure of the AI and not the game mechanics I think. Xcom squads and stealth bombers take less techs than getting all the techs for space parts, and when used properly, domination has great viability.

Yep, the 'pussification' of the AI has made almost all the non-conquest VCs a bit too easy IMO.

I actually find BNW to be almost boring compared to G&K. Every now and then I get a good tense game but for the most part it's just cruising along seeing if I can overcome the AI's bonuses in time. There is usually hardly any THREAT, it's just whether I can optimize enough to overtake them not whether I can survive or whatnot.

I agree...in the majority of deity games ive played since patch I seem to naturally head down the path of playing a peaceful science game.

They should maybe change the science victory condition so that you have to make the final spaceship part from another civs enslaved capital.

Top Bottom