Middle-Earth:Lord of the Mods (XI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
mrtn-
The costs are wacky. A 10 attack unit with +1 HP and a 3 move blitz is better than a 12 attack infantry, archer or not.
Why do you start with a 3/2/2 cav? I think the logical would be a 2/1/2, as the vanilla horseman. Especially if it costs the same as the swordsman! :eek:
The idea was to make it so the infantry was eclipsed by cavalry, right before its upgrade, so the AI would actually build the unit. I’m not so sure we should raise the costs fo cavalry however. I would rather that we lowered the attack as you mentioned.
mrtn-
How about lowering the attack values of the cavalry substantially? Attacks could be the same as the defense values of the defenders. I e 2, 4, 6 and 8, respectively. The cavalry have the bonus of being able to retreat, after all, and that's a big bonus.
Like this:
1st era: 2/1/2
2nd era: 4/2/2
3rd era: 6/3/2
4th era: 8/4/2(! not 3)

I don't think all men should get blitzing cavalry, this should be exclusive for Rohan IMO. Blitz is very good.
People as well as the AI need a reason to build this unit. So far there is little purpose for humans to build it, let alone the AI. I will go with your stats, if we boost the movement up to 3 for the last two units (without the blitz).
mrtn-
How big is the zero range bombard? Half the attack, as usual?

BTW, I think that the 2nd era offensive should have 6/3/1, not 6/2/1.
6/3/1 sounds good, and half for the bombard also sounds good.

What's happened since I've been away(about thread 9)? Just a quick summary would suffice.

Hello!!

Several points that I'd like to make.

Firstly -- a clarification of what the unit roles are.

Defensive infantry: to stand in cities and defend them. Minimal field role except accompaneing field armies to protect from counter attack. relatively straight forward. units that are hunkered down in fortresses, or garrisoning territories and cities.

Archers: used as an alternative offensive unit that doesn't cost resources. Also gives a defense bonus in a universe where artillery was little used. I think that the bombard power should be significant -- I.E. up to 1 less than the total attack power.

Offensive infantry: Attacking cities. I think that these should be relatively weak on the defense. That low defense value represents armies that are on the move, that are liable to counterattack. therefore, high attack, low defense and move.

Cavalry: counterattack. clearing fields of weakened attackers or disorderly mobs of offensive infantry. IMHO this is by far the most realistic role for these troops. best known is charge of Rohirrim at Pellenor Fields, but there is also Battle of Celebrant, the charge of Earnil against the wainriders, and several other battles.

Does everybody agree with these roles?

Main reason for bringing this up was the role of cavalry. in my unit lines, I generally assigned cavalry an offensive value parallel to that age's defensive value, sometimes less. Attacking entrenched defensive infantry would cause great losses to cavalry. (Rohirrim don't attack orcs in rhovanion, but instead go around through forest). They can clear out disorderly mobs of infantry or units who had used up some of their hps. these are the masters of counter attack as they can come up faster and meet the enemy before he attacks.

Also, re: blitz. Personally, I think that blitz goes better with this role of cavalry than 3 moves. Blitz means that unit can clear out more rabble in one turn, while makes it useless in attacking cities. 3 moves means that unit can reach cities quicker. Basically, if you think that the primary use of cavalry is counterattacking -- clearing a stricken field -- give it blitz. If its primary use is attacking cities -- give it 3 moves. It's your call, but I would far prefer giving it blitz.

As far as 3 move cavalry -- IMHO only ROhan in its 3rd and 4th era horsemen (Eothed and Rider respectively) should get 3 move cavalry. most of the later (4th era?) should get blitz, but still only 2 moves.

On the other hand, this analysis is based on a 3move road system. It may be fundamentally flawed when translated to a 2 move road system.

Another thing on blitz being Very Good. I think this is when you take units like Modern Armor and Tanks and cavalry that posses a clear and significant advantage over previous era units and even that era's best defender. It would be Very Very Good when given to PCH's stats above. but it is not very good when fighting muskets with knights. or even pikes with knights. when was the last time that you had a knight win a battle aginst a pike with sufficcient hps left to battle another pike straight away? Such combat odds makes blitz medium good. I would generally prefer a 3rd move point to blitz in such situations, but wouldn't give it (see above).

one other comment on cavalry -- blitz should not exclusively be for Rohan IMHO as according to Mr. TN. Their cavalry was good at getting there in time, but others were just as good or even better at fighting once they got there.

Re: dwarven units. A while back (can't place how far) we had agreed to give dwarves a combined offense/defense line. Should we try for this? I had done this in the one dwarve proposal i had made. How would the AI handle it? Anybody want to try? would certainly cut down on units required!

Re: gamma edition. would it be possible to post just the .biq every once in a while? I wasn't really thinking about playing it, just wanted to examine the whole thing in a comprehensive way.

Re: archers -- might get it lost up there so I'll say it again. think that the overall bombard power should be significant to make a difference, unlike the bombard power given archers and longbows. I've had very few experiences with them being worth anything.

Re: anything else. saw a request for leaders for arnor and the harad up above while scanning. how about Isildur for Arnor? if not, then use some king from before the division such as Arantar or Tarcil. As far as the Harad, I believe that there was a black numenorian that somebody had found (perhaps in Silamarillion?)

Re: unit lines. are we going to have standardized lines like civ where every civ (at least mannish civ) gets the same units except for one UU or are we going to go on a path similar to ED where each civ is quite differentiated, in Graphics as well as in stats?

Can't think of anything else to say. Will add unit lines for the Easterlings and Haradrim at the end. names for these things are pathetic. Am working on organizing previous lists. Can people read wordperfect files or will I have to convert them to Word files (yuk!)?
Also, is there still demand for these lists for the other civs?
RRnut

Attachments

• cbc units(easterlings and haradrim).zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 83
Keep them WordPerfect documents in WordPerfect! MSWord can go to Hades!!!! :satan:

RRnut: While I'm philosophically opposed to the offensive/defensive distinction for infantry, I broadly agree on your points, esp re: Cav and Blitz.

Re: the Dwarves, the AI handles combined lines pretty well in ACW. Again, I like the concept of all-purpose "general infantry", but in this case I can back up my ideological ramblings with some experience - it works.

What the Last Conformist says, yeah.

Couldn't we just combine the attacking and defensive lines and save ourselves half the grief of looking for graphics? Good ideas with cavalry, blitz, etc. (Am making notes for my own personal mod.)
Originally posted by PCHighway
We have no leaders for these civilizations:

Arnor-
Numenor-
Sindar-
Moriquendi-
Southrons-

Arnor and the Harad are really the only problem there, as the rest have plenty to choose from. I’m going to let Mithadan argue with himself on which leaders should be chosen. Keep in mind that the leaders should come from the golden age of that civ. No ‘late third age’ Dunedain chieftains for a leader of Arnor! ;)
Argue with myself, huh? Well, at least I have RRNut as an interlocutor! :p
Originally posted by RRnut
saw a request for leaders for arnor and the harad up above while scanning. how about Isildur for Arnor? if not, then use some king from before the division such as Arantar or Tarcil. As far as the Harad, I believe that there was a black numenorian that somebody had found (perhaps in Silamarillion?)
Isildur is counted the second king of Arnor, although he never took the throne. How about his son, Valandil, the 'third' king of Arnor? The tenth and last king of Arnor was Eärendur; after him, Arnor split into those various kingdoms. Dunno when the golden age would be, but I assume earlier than later. I suggest Valandil.

Numenor: when do we think their Golden Age is? Would it be when they are learning all sorts of arts from the Elves of Tol Eressëa (Elros Tar-Minyatur SA 32-442; first ships to Middle-Earth SA 600), or when they exploit those arts and come to dominate Western Middle-Earth (Numenoreans expell Sauron from Eriador SA 1700, colonisation begins ca SA 1800)? Hmmm. Seeing how golden ages increase your science, I'd think the earlier times would be the golden age, but golden ages also increase production, so that might suggest the times of empire building as their golden age. How about somewhere in the middle? Tar-Minastir presides over this pivotal period, so he seems a good pick.

Sindar: Thingol. The golden age of Doriath ended with Melian's departure after Thingol's death. Pretty straight forward, I think. The only other ruler was Dior, his grandson, who presided over Doriath's destruction. Not much of a golden age, that.

Moriquendi: Galadriel (or Celeborn?). Lorien would be the big superduper Moriquendi realm (right SoCalian? :D), even though neither Celeborn or Galadriel were dark elves. Ossiriand and Thranduil's realm aren't really golden age contenders, although they are significant presences. I suggest Galadrial over Celeborn simply because she's a more recognizable name, and a female (girls add flavour :love:, eh?)

Southrons: I can't recall the name of the Black Numenorean. If anyone can, do tell. The only name that comes up in my cursory search of that handy web-resource is Castamir the Usurper, who deposed King Eldacar and ruled Gondor for "ten cruel years." Apparently the Corsairs of Umbar are his decendants. Sounds good enough to me, unless we want to invent a pseudo-Haradrim-ian name by fiddling with actual African (sub-saharan?) languages!

Who have we got for Gondor, anyhow? And do we have Ulfang for the Easterlings? Just curious.

Nice post. :)
RRnut-
Defensive infantry: to stand in cities and defend them. Minimal field role except accompanying field armies to protect from counter attack. relatively straight forward. units that are hunkered down in fortresses, or garrisoning territories and cities.
This makes sense. But as stated before, what is the real difference between a unit with a spear, and a unit with a sword? Why should one be completely better than the other in a different field (attack\defense)?
This eventually leads the to the offensive infantry and why I find that Mrtn’s suggestion on a 6/3/1 unit is more than warranted.
RRnut-
Archers: used as an alternative offensive unit that doesn't cost resources. Also gives a defense bonus in a universe where artillery was little used. I think that the bombard power should be significant -- I.E. up to 1 less than the total attack power.
Archers were used for defense. Even when incorporated in the battlefield, they were used in a defensive position, behind friendly lines. This is represented by their bombard ability. I have no problem with upping it as you say, but there is no point to do so. Why don’t we simply give all archers 99 bombard? That will, in effect do the same as what you suggest. Make sure that any unit attacking another unit, where the 0 range bombard would go into effect, would loose a hit point.
I don’t see the point of doing what you suggest (raising the bombard so it is 1 less than the attack), as it will nearly always give the unit attacking damage. Not exactly a lot of variety or realism there. :undecide:
RRnut-
Offensive infantry: Attacking cities. I think that these should be relatively weak on the defense. That low defense value represents armies that are on the move, that are liable to counterattack. therefore, high attack, low defense and move.
I think lowering the defensive stats for offensive infantry anymore than they are now, would be a bad idea. Throughout real life history and Middle-earth, soldiers were more or less used for the same purposes. Offensive infantry shouldn’t represent an ‘army on the move’. You can send defensive units out to pillage, and yet you can keep offensive infantry in a city to counterattack, or while defending a freshly taken city. The roles are often used in these ways, and we can’t just say “you can only defend with this unit, and attack with this unit”. Even the AI has more complex strategies than that! ;)
Firaxis got it right. ‘Offensive’ units should be more or less well off defense wise, but more expensive than the ‘Defense’ units.
RRnut-
Cavalry: counterattack. clearing fields of weakened attackers or disorderly mobs of offensive infantry. IMHO this is by far the most realistic role for these troops. best known is charge of Rohirrim at Pellenor Fields, but there is also Battle of Celebrant, the charge of Earnil against the wainriders, and several other battles.
This makes sense also, but the AI will not use units in the manor you suggested. Most cavalry will cost as much as the infantry anyway, and require both horses and iron. They do not have the benefit of archers of being cheap and resourceless. Clearing out rabble is indeed what they were used for. But yet mounted units were used for breaking defensive lines just as much, and sending them in disorder. Cavalry would be the only type of unit that did not have to commit to a battle, win or loose. If the defensive line did not waver, they would be able to retreat with far less losses than infantry. The efficiency of cavalry is the number one reason longer and longer spears, pikes, and pole-arms, were created throughout the medieval ages.
I wouldn’t underestimate the power of cavalry, nor denote it to simply ‘cleaning up rabble’. If we give a 2 movement unit blitz, they will have few strengths. The blitz ability will largely diminish its effectiveness. As once it commits to its second battle against an invading army, it is more or less lost. The only reason to use the blitz would be if there are two weakened units in your territory, with no units to back them up. That doesn’t happen very often.
Then you come down to the point, will the AI use it at all? The units are useless if the AI won’t utilize it, and the only way they would build these units is if offense and cavalry lines were interchangeable. For instance, if the 2nd cavalry unit was introduced one tech before the 3rd infantry unit. If the cavalry has just as good stats as the infantry, but one more movement, they would be quite useful indeed, even if its only for 20 turns. The AI would then utilize these units, I believe.
RRnut-
Main reason for bringing this up was the role of cavalry. in my unit lines, I generally assigned cavalry an offensive value parallel to that age's defensive value, sometimes less. Attacking entrenched defensive infantry would cause great losses to cavalry. (Rohirrim don't attack orcs in rhovanion, but instead go around through forest). They can clear out disorderly mobs of infantry or units who had used up some of their hps. these are the masters of counter attack as they can come up faster and meet the enemy before he attacks.
Yes, but if you remember, the reason that Rohan didn’t fight that ‘host’ was because they were outnumbered. True that they were prepared, but this could be seen, in civ3 terms, as ‘fortified’. By the time they made it, they would have suffered severe losses, and would not be able to support Gondor who would have been raided.
RRnut-
As far as 3 move cavalry -- IMHO only Rohan in its 3rd and 4th era horsemen (Eothed and Rider respectively) should get 3 move cavalry. most of the later (4th era?) should get blitz, but still only 2 moves.
Imagine a 540 turn game where the fastest unit you had could only go 2 movement. Compare that to the Cavalry unit in civ3, which you get in the early third era.
RRnut-
Another thing on blitz being Very Good. I think this is when you take units like Modern Armor and Tanks and cavalry that posses a clear and significant advantage over previous era units and even that era's best defender. It would be Very Very Good when given to PCH's stats above. but it is not very good when fighting muskets with knights. or even pikes with knights. when was the last time that you had a knight win a battle aginst a pike with sufficcient hps left to battle another pike straight away? Such combat odds makes blitz medium good. I would generally prefer a 3rd move point to blitz in such situations, but wouldn't give it (see above).
Thats because you are taking into account only 1 era. If we had a cavalry with blitz in our second era, it would not be ‘very very good’ at all. A 6 attack unit with a blitz ability, up against a defensive unit with 6 defense? That’s not good at all.
RRnut-
one other comment on cavalry -- blitz should not exclusively be for Rohan IMHO as according to Mr. TN. Their cavalry was good at getting there in time, but others were just as good or even better at fighting once they got there.
Blitz and the ability to retreat is the only thing cavalry has going for it at this point. Make blitz exclusive to one civilization?
RRnut-
Re: dwarven units. A while back (can't place how far) we had agreed to give dwarves a combined offense/defense line. Should we try for this? I had done this in the one dwarve proposal i had made. How would the AI handle it? Anybody want to try? would certainly cut down on units required!
I haven’t looked at the other lines, as I said lets worry about Men first! ;)
Combined offense and defense would work fine, but might make the Dwarves too boring to play. You are talking about a total of 4 combat units for a civ. It doesn’t get much more boring than that ;).
RRnut-
Re: gamma edition. would it be possible to post just the .biq every once in a while? I wasn't really thinking about playing it, just wanted to examine the whole thing in a comprehensive way.
I’ll post it tomorrow. All that has been added has been said in this thread, except the civilization bonuses.
Mithadan-
Isildur is counted the second king of Arnor, although he never took the throne. How about his son, Valandil, the 'third' king of Arnor? The tenth and last king of Arnor was Eärendur; after him, Arnor split into those various kingdoms. Dunno when the golden age would be, but I assume earlier than later. I suggest Valandil.
Valandil sounds good. The years between Valandil to Tarondor were supposedly a time of peace, so a early third age GA sounds about right.
Mithadan-
Numenor: when do we think their Golden Age is? Would it be when they are learning all sorts of arts from the Elves of Tol Eressëa (Elros Tar-Minyatur SA 32-442; first ships to Middle-Earth SA 600), or when they exploit those arts and come to dominate Western Middle-Earth (Numenoreans expell Sauron from Eriador SA 1700, colonisation begins ca SA 1800)? Hmmm. Seeing how golden ages increase your science, I'd think the earlier times would be the golden age, but golden ages also increase production, so that might suggest the times of empire building as their golden age. How about somewhere in the middle? Tar-Minastir presides over this pivotal period, so he seems a good pick.
A Good GA would probably be when the peoples of ME thought of them as ‘friendly gods’. Although realistically, one would put the GA in a time where they were strongest militantly, right before their downfall. Perhaps the UU will come at this time. Therefore the Military GA will be around that time, while a wonder oriented GA could be achieved earlier. Tar-Minastir? Was he the one who helped Gil-Galad? I think he would be an excellent choice.
Mithadan- Sindar: Thingol. The golden age of Doriath ended with Melian's departure after Thingol's death. Pretty straight forward, I think. The only other ruler was Dior, his grandson, who presided over Doriath's destruction. Not much of a golden age, that.
Sounds good:). Let me get this straight though, after Dior’s death the Sindar become non-existent? No other kingdoms?
Mithadan- Moriquendi: Galadriel (or Celeborn?). Lorien would be the big superduper Moriquendi realm (right SoCalian? :D), even though neither Celeborn or Galadriel were dark elves. Ossiriand and Thranduil's realm aren't really golden age contenders, although they are significant presences. I suggest Galadrial over Celeborn simply because she's a more recognizable name, and a female (girls add flavour :love:, eh?)
I agree, more females the better. But we did agree that we would fit the mod teams names in to the game, providing it fits in a certain place, so it is up to Celeborn (the forumer).
Oh, and don’t say ‘superduper’ again, please ;).
Mithadan- Southrons: I can't recall the name of the Black Numenorean. If anyone can, do tell. The only name that comes up in my cursory search of that handy web-resource is Castamir the Usurper, who deposed King Eldacar and ruled Gondor for "ten cruel years." Apparently the Corsairs of Umbar are his decendants. Sounds good enough to me, unless we want to invent a pseudo-Haradrim-ian name by fiddling with actual African (sub-saharan?) languages!
No fiddling with languages for leader heads! However, I don’t think we should have a Black Númenórean leaderhead for the Harad, that is baaad. Isn’t there some real Harad ruler? Are there no references?
Mithadan- Who have we got for Gondor, anyhow? And do we have Ulfang for the Easterlings? Just curious.
Hyarmendacil for Gondor, and Ulfang for the Easterlings.

Hello,

As stated before, what is the difference between a unit with a sword and a spear??? Let me try to form an answer. Minimal as far as the weapon is concerned. The spear dudes have an advantage over cavalry, while IMHO a sword is more useful vs infantry. slightly!

A disclaimer:
~!~ I wouldn't mind one infantry line both for defense and offense. I just thought that the AI couldn't handle it, and at least for men there were sufficient units to handle it all. ~!~

That being said, there was quite often a difference between men armed with swords and men armed with spears. For a long time in the ancient era, swords were far more expensive than spears. they were made completely of metal, required far more effort to make than swords, and were generally reserved for nobility (BC times). During the dark ages and early middle ages(approx ME times), a sword was still a significant investment. Owning a sword was generally confined to those who spent their life making war, such as barbarian warbands, house-carls, knights, and mercenaries. These possesed significant weapons such as swords and axes. IMU, during this period spears were not significantly used. They were generally the weapons used to arm militia and levies, not professional fighting machines. It was not until later on in the Middle Ages, in the "Infantry Revolution," where men with spears and pikes were well trained and became a significant fighting force. (scots and swiss)

I don't really like the distinction between spearmen and swordsmen for defense and offense. The real distinction between weapons at this time is not really technological. (although there is some of that. steel > iron > bronze, but we are generally working with an early steel universe) Instead, the difference is in training and in tactics. That is where the advantage of knights came over dark age warbands. they had significant training and weapons skills, as well as shock value and technological advantage ( the stirrup ). Warbands with litte organization couldn't stand up to the shock of a line of knights charging.

Hence:

Our offensive units cost significantly more, representing the greater overall resources required to build them. Avoid naming them swordsmen or things based on the weapon.

Our defensive infantry will be generally cheaper. spear graphics could be used frequently, but I wouldn't make a distinction. they represent in most cases levies or militia called out of the population with minimal training. I generally tried to give them names like guards or levies. A few notable exceptions might come by civ, where that civ had a defensive outlook for a significant time.

One other note for offensive infantry regarding their defensive value. raise this to the level or almost the level of the defense infantry for civs that had well trained units and lower it for civs (easterlings, etc.) that had a reputation of "scattering for spoils" after breaking the enemy line. I didn't really mean that offensive infantry should necessarily have a low (I.E. 9-3-1) defensive value.

As far as archers: not really sure. Know that they were mostly defensive units. think that their defensive bombard should be quite high -- a bombard 1 less than attack power will probably get about 50% of shots on cavalry attacking. my guess. perhaps just give them an attack value and defense value slightly lower than it.

As far as 3 moves. I think that is just such a significant advantage, part of what makes civ cavalry such an uber unit. (superduper anyone?) I thought that it would be flavorable to just limit this to Rohan.If you want to give all civilizations 3 move cavalry, then give the rider 4 mps. flavor.

Now, regarding time limits and lacking sufficcient time to attack if we limit cavalry to 2 moves except regarding Rohan -- who wanted to lower movement along roads to 2 moves? I thought this an unwise move at the time and promised to bring it up again. After all, a 3 move unit moves at the same pace along 2 move roads as a 2 move unit along 3 move roads. Any thoughts on this now?

As far as blitz, you stated what I was trying to state in a oppositive manner. seems like you agreed with me in that statement. Basically what I was trying to say is this. Let the human use the cavalry for attacking wounded troops ( disorganized) or low defense value troops ( fundamentally disorganized ).

Re: the AI use of cav assigned these values. IMHO the AI puts a high price on 2 or more moves. given a choice the AI tends to build horsemen and knights over swordsmen and MIs. (my experience). Even if the AI doesn't build horsemen, it would fit their general strategy of building a huge stack and running it through your territory to reach unguarded targets if they would just concentrate on building lots of offensive infantry. a few might reach the city to attack it!
Basically, whatever we do I'm of the opinion that the AI will still mess it up. I wouldn't worry to much therefore about wether or not the AI can use it -- it can't!!

As far as everything else regardign units, I hate trying to organize my thoughts to reply to everything in this format. Don't know how you handle it.

won't really worry about dwaves yet but suppose that they do get archers? or not.

Re: leaders and all.

Arnor: valandil would work well.

Numenor: how about Tar-Aldarion? we do have more information re: him (UT) and was about the middle of their rise. Tar-Minastir was IMHO at the hieght of numeorian power but we know little about him.

Moriquendi: your choice.

Southrons: I think that I prefer the sound of Castamir to Herumor or Funiuir. There are IMHO no southron names in existence.

MTh -- I'll be glad to keep WP docs in WP! anybody else like word better?

RRNut

P.S. the revised mannish lines are below.

Leader heads eh? Mod team in the mod eh? I would'nt mind making an appearance :D

Technically speaking Celeborn was the leader of Lothlorien...

Ack you got me to post

*re-enters lurk*

Nice progress tough, will keep an eye out... and throw some ideas in when I can, or need to...

Originally posted by The Last Conformist
During the War of the Last Alliance, we hear of a pair of Black Numenorean commanders called Herumor and Fuinur.
Good memory! (My memory, onced joggd, still only remembers Herumor!)
No fiddling with languages for leader heads! However, I don’t think we should have a Black Númenórean leaderhead for the Harad, that is baaad. Isn’t there some real Harad ruler? Are there no references?
Okay, no speculative linguistics!
Southrons: I think that I prefer the sound of Castamir to Herumor or Funiuir. There are IMHO no southron names in existence.
Yeah, unfortunately I'm not aware of any genuine Southron names either. I think we are stuck with Corsairs for names, then. I too prefer "Castamir" over "Herumor" or "Fuinur," because we at least sort-of-know that Castamir ruled something (i.e., Gondor) for a while, and sort-of-know that his decendants or followers became the Corsairs. Mind you, both Herumor and Fuinir (so I gather) became lords amoung the Haradrim. Maybe GLs?
Valandil sounds good. The years between Valandil to Tarondor were supposedly a time of peace, so a early third age GA sounds about right.
Arnor: valandil would work well.
Sounds like a plan, then.
A Good GA would probably be when the peoples of ME thought of them as ‘friendly gods’. Although realistically, one would put the GA in a time where they were strongest militantly, right before their downfall. Perhaps the UU will come at this time. Therefore the Military GA will be around that time, while a wonder oriented GA could be achieved earlier. Tar-Minastir? Was he the one who helped Gil-Galad? I think he would be an excellent choice.
Tar-Minastir was the one who helped Eregion against Sauron immediately after the forging of the One Ring. Elendil was the guy who helped Gil-Galad in the Last Alliance, but that was after the sinking of Numenor already.

Numenor might have been their strongest militarily right before their downfall, but somehow Ar-Pharazôn doesn't really strike me as an exemplary leader. ;)
Numenor: how about Tar-Aldarion? we do have more information re: him (UT) and was about the middle of their rise. Tar-Minastir was IMHO at the hieght of numeorian power but we know little about him.
Hmm. If we think of Numenor's Golden Age as being the time of co-operation with the Elves of Tol Eressëa, then wasn't Aldarion presiding over the end of that age and the beginning of a new epoch of "Numenorean Man" striking out on his own? (I seem to recall him being a little tired of the Elves' tutelage, but correct me if I'm wrong.) If this latter epoch would count as the Numenorean Golden Age, then maybe Aldarion comes a little too early. Besides, he was a great mariner, but not necessarily a wonderful leader (again, correct me if I'm wrong). We may not have a story about Tar-Minyatur like we do with 'Aldarion and Erendis' (great story, btw), but we know enough to cast him as a rather powerful leader -- what with being called upon by Eregion in its time of need, and ousting Sauron from Eriador.
Let me get this straight though, after Dior’s death the Sindar become non-existent? No other kingdoms?
Well, the Sindar didn't maintain independent realms after the fall of Doriath and the sinking of Beleriand. They survived on as a people, of course, but only in mixed realms like Lindon and Eregion. I had suggested that we give Lindon to our "Noldor" civ and Eregion to our "Sindar" civ just to balance things out, but I think that idea was found to be flawed.
I agree, more females the better. But we did agree that we would fit the mod teams names in to the game, providing it fits in a certain place, so it is up to Celeborn (the forumer).
Oh, and don’t say ‘superduper’ again, please ;).
I know, my colloquial vocabulary is very up-to-date and superduper. I'm very proud of myself.
Moriquendi: your choice.
Originally posted by Celeborn
Leader heads eh? Mod team in the mod eh? I would'nt mind making an appearance :D

Technically speaking Celeborn was the leader of Lothlorien...
Okay, cool. (Too bad about the girl factor, though.) For my part, put "Mithadan" in as the last Great Leader in the Arnor list... :cool: I don't know how we'll manage to put a Pacific Coast Highway, an Ant[Wimp], a Rail-Road Nut or a Southern Californian into the mod though! :lol:

What have we got for leaderhead graphics, tho? I think Sween(??) did a male elvish leaderhead, perhaps it was supposed to be Celeborn??? We have three elvish civs, do we have three elvish enough male leaderheads? Maybe we ought to use Galadriel just cuz of graphics? No biggie, though. What would be cool would be a double-leaderhead...
Hyarmendacil for Gondor, and Ulfang for the Easterlings.
Ahhh, good. Both Hyarmendacils sound good, each kicking Southron butt and all.

-Double Post-

RRnut-
As stated before, what is the difference between a unit with a sword and a spear??? Let me try to form an answer. Minimal as far as the weapon is concerned. The spear dudes have an advantage over cavalry, while IMHO a sword is more useful vs infantry. slightly!
Hmph. I don’t really want to get into a history argument, but I guess we will have to! :)
( I actually do want to get into a history debate, but don’t tell anyone)
RRnut- A disclaimer:
~!~ I wouldn't mind one infantry line both for defense and offense. I just thought that the AI couldn't handle it, and at least for men there were sufficient units to handle it all. ~!~
Disclaimers eh, maybe I should try those some time!
RRnut- [...] were generally reserved for nobility (BC times). During the dark ages and early middle ages(approx ME times), a sword was still a significant investment. [...] It was not until later on in the Middle Ages, in the "Infantry Revolution," where men with spears and pikes were well trained and became a significant fighting force. (scots and swiss)
I would imagine that the expense of swords and spears varied. You could buy a kick-ass sword, or you could get some cheap one. Same thing with spears, of course. There were good ones and bad ones, in the end they were also less durable for their purpose, and often they would need to be replaced after every battle.
The history of swords in combat goes back quite far. In Mycenaean Greece, they have grave-site swords, 2 ½ to 3 1/4 feet in length, were not very durable and used primarily as a thrusting weapon. These swords adapted to become slashing weapons, with a more “flattened blade” and “stronger hilts”.

“Xenophon recommends that the cavalryman should use a machaira rather than a xiphos, because from his elevated seat he will be able to strike with much more force with a kopis rather than a xiphos. Clearly in this passage Xenophon uses machaira as a synonym for kopis, and contrasts it to the xiphos.”
-Nick Sekunda

A Kopis, the ‘chopping sword’ referred to in the quote above would be more like this:

The word kopis means ‘chopper’.

This is a recreation of a xiphos from the above quote. Other accounts seem to imply that it was more like a fencing sword.

Sometimes I question their accuracy, but we can assume that this is somewhat correct, as it corresponds with other quotes on the different weapons.

You can see from these two accounts swords were indeed popular in the ancient ages. Classical historians have written down different techniques, which there are many accounts on from Egypt, the Near East, and the Hellenistic world. I could go further over to China, Korea, and Japan, but we’ve all seen enough Medieval Japanese movies :). Lets suffice it to say that mainland Asia was just as advanced as Japan in their swords, even if they didn’t have the peculiar obsession with them.

Now you say: Whats your point? This is supposed to be about Dark Age Europe. Not Rome, Greece, and China you fool!

I’m getting there. Obviously us Celts weren’t exactly famous for our definitive historical accounts, yet we can get insight on some of their military techniques from the ‘ceremonial swords’ found through excavation. There are many celtic swords discovered, which have hilts decorated with sliver, gold, and even amber. While obviously these probably wouldn’t be used in combat, they still show how the celts were definitely a sword-friendly culture.
This is from a English translation of Julius Caesar’s De Bello Gallico:

“Disappointed in this hope, the Nervii surround the winter-quarters with a rampart eleven feet high, and a ditch thirteen feet in depth. These military works they had learned from our men in the intercourse of former years, and, having taken some of our army prisoners, were instructed by them: but, as they had no supply of iron tools which are requisite for this service, they were forced to cut the turf with their swords, and to empty out the earth with their hands and cloaks”

I know that the word ‘sword’ is really not very important right here, but when reading Caesar’s de Bello Gallico, one gets the impression that swords were indeed commonplace. Caesar talks of many advanced tactics used both by himself and the Celts, when they drew their swords, when they threw their javelins, etc. We shouldn’t assume swords were something hard to come by in the ancient ages at all, because they weren’t :). Sure, the majority of people who owned one were military based, but isn’t that what civ3 is all about? We aren’t giving workers swords here, we are giving specifically war trained units swords. No, I am not going on about nothing here. My point is proving that swords were used in many ways, and existed in many forms, just as spears.

I agree, most infantry as well as cavalry carried a sword or dagger as well as a spear. However in many cases just the sword was used, especially in high medieval times.

RRnut-
That is where the advantage of knights came over dark age warbands. [...] Warbands with little organization couldn't stand up to the shock of a line of knights charging.

Hence:
Our offensive units cost significantly more, representing the greater overall resources required to build them. Avoid naming them swordsmen or things based on the weapon.
Sounds like a plan to me. Cavalry had more uses than cutting through rabble, although earlier on it was popularly used as harassing the enemy, and flanking them.
RRnut-
Our defensive infantry will be generally cheaper. spear graphics could be used frequently, but I wouldn't make a distinction. [...] A few notable exceptions might come by civ, where that civ had a defensive outlook for a significant time.
Well, I think we are looking at it differently, but am confident we will find common ground. I look as the units as part of an army, as I said earlier the phalanxes, for instance were just a part of ancient Greek military. The Greeks would commonly position their troops on the right side, as the shields were carried in the left hand. The object would then be for the two armies to collide, and see which armies phalanx would bust through the others armies left flank. The Spartans were pretty good at that, I’m told.
There for I would base the ‘spearman’ units from this position, as opposed to the levies\militia route.
Lets face it, rarely armies would just contain one ‘unit’ so to speak. I highly doubt there were battles of just swordsmen versus spearmen.
RRnut-
One other note for offensive infantry regarding their defensive value. raise this to the level or almost the level of the defense infantry for civs that had well trained units and lower it for civs (easterlings, etc.) that had a reputation of "scattering for spoils" after breaking the enemy line. [...]
This sounds ok, but lets work out the generic mannish lines first, and we can test these new ‘custom’ mannish unit lines later. We’ve had a lot of ideas for the different factions bonuses, after all.
RRnut-
As far as archers: not really sure. Know that they were mostly defensive units. think that their defensive bombard should be quite high -- a bombard 1 less than attack power will probably get about 50% of shots on cavalry attacking. my guess. perhaps just give them an attack value and defense value slightly lower than it.
I wouldn’t say that at all. Generally, you have a 75% chance of making a unit loose 1 hp when attacking a place where the 0 range bombard would go into effect. I am also guessing here, but this is my experience with current civ3. Course, difficulty level might have something to do with it. Not sure what you meant with “get about 50% of shots on cavalry attacking” though. Are you saying its different with the more amount of moves a unit has?
RRnut-
As far as 3 moves. I think that is just such a significant advantage, part of what makes civ cavalry such an uber unit. [...] I thought that it would be favorable to just limit this to Rohan. If you want to give all civilizations 3 move cavalry, then give the rider 4 mps. flavor.
I think your still overreacting. :)
I’ve played MEM probably more than anyone besides its old creator himself. I can safely say that while using the 2 move road technique, 3 movement cavalry was not a really large issue. Times change, we should show that with the movement of growing cavalry techniques, and we should utilize more diversity in these lines. A jump from 2 move cavalry in the third or fourth era is the natural way things should go.
Cavalry in civ3 is uber because it just happens to have 2 more attack than a musketman, the common defender when its first introduced. When rifle men come along, it is not such a great unit at all, and by the time infantry comes Cavalry is truly obsolete. Our cavalry line will be in-between rifleman and infantry. It will come along with less attack than the best defender of that age, and at best have equal stats to the previous defender.
A better comparison would be the Chinese Rider to the Musketman.
RRnut-
Now, regarding time limits and lacking sufficient time to attack if we limit cavalry to 2 moves except regarding Rohan -- who wanted to lower movement along roads to 2 moves? I thought this an unwise move at the time and promised to bring it up again. [...]
Heh :). Nah, I still want 2 movement roads. Again, more ‘ground shaking’ stuff has done before, this is nothing big, and admittedly fits into ME more. I wish that Breakaway Games listened to our cries on rail-road adjustable movement. Rohan could benefit from cavalry defense units, as Mr. TN suggested. ;)
RRnut-
[...] Basically what I was trying to say is this. Let the human use the cavalry for attacking wounded troops (disorganized) or low defense value troops ( fundamentally disorganized ).
Seems like I do a lot of things, I don’t intend on doing :)! Don’t sweat my excessive use of the single quote, it’s a bad habit I can’t seems to ‘shake’.
The AI will use cavalry if it is useful when introduced. All we need to do is make it so the cavalry line is remotely appealing to the AI, even if its just for a little bit.
RRnut-
Re: the AI use of cav assigned these values. IMHO the AI puts a high price on 2 or more moves. given a choice the AI tends to build horsemen and knights over swordsmen and MIs. (my experience). [...]
Basically, whatever we do I'm of the opinion that the AI will still mess it up. I wouldn't worry to much therefore about wether or not the AI can use it -- it can't!!
Well, I will have to ask embryodead again, but we seem to be both of the opinion that the AI does not use units when they have a higher attack unit available.
RRnut-
As far as everything else regarding units, I hate trying to organize my thoughts to reply to everything in this format. Don't know how you handle it.
How do I handle it? Cheetos. In fact I believe many of the answers of the universe are contained within these bite-size pieces of artificially flavored corn meal.
The .BIQ is on the bottom.
Mithadan-
Okay, no speculative linguistics! [...] I too prefer "Castamir" over "Herumor" or "Fuinur," because we at least sort-of-know that Castamir ruled something (i.e., Gondor) for a while, and sort-of-know that his decendants or followers became the Corsairs. Mind you, both Herumor and Fuinir (so I gather) became lords amoung the Haradrim. Maybe GLs?
What do you think of Sanghyando? He sounds more ‘Haradian’ to me, at least. I want a more African influenced dude\dudette for the leader of the Harad. Didn’t someone mention a ‘queen’ a couple threads back?
Mithadan-
Tar-Minastir was the one who helped Eregion against Sauron immediately after the forging of the One Ring. Elendil was the guy who helped Gil-Galad in the Last Alliance, but that was after the sinking of Numenor already.
I thought he was the one who sent his son over to Middle-earth, to help after Eregion was overrun, and that Gil-Galad had sent Elrond to try and help the ring maker out, thus pointing to the creation of Rivendell.
Mithadan-
[...] -what with being called upon by Eregion in its time of need, and ousting Sauron from Eriador.
I agree with you. I liked Aldarion not very much, and Erendis even less.
Mithadan-
I know, my colloquial vocabulary is very up-to-date and superduper. I'm very proud of myself.
We’re all proud of you ;). I always thought the word colloquial was a bad one for its subject. What is more un-colloquial than the word colloquial itself?
Mithadan-
Okay, cool. (Too bad about the girl factor, though.) For my part, put "Mithadan" in as the last Great Leader in the Arnor list... I don't know how we'll manage to put a Pacific Coast Highway, an Ant[Wimp], a Rail-Road Nut or a Southern Californian into the mod though!
It’s not Ant[Wimp], it’s [Ant]Wimp! Two to five letter acronyms are popular in the online gaming world for clans. Clans are groups of friends who usually compete as a team, against other teams\clans. Sort of like: [LOTM]Mithadan ;-).

We’ll have to choose something that is important to that specific person, such as a name or family history or something. I was thinking of including ‘Durham’ as the last city for Arnor as my reference. Either that or it will be Archimedes as a scientific leader ;).
I’m wonder how we are going to include embryodead, perhaps the name of the band is more fitting. The Last Conformist will be a problem too, Mrtn will be easy enough though.
Mithadan-
Maybe we ought to use Galadriel just cuz of graphics? No biggie, though. What would be cool would be a double-leaderhead...Ahhh, good. Both Hyarmendacils sound good, each kicking Southron butt and all.
What Galadiel? Are you are talking about embryodeads wood-elven leaderhead? You do know she has wings, right? :)

Ciryaher ‘Hyarmendacil’ in the first, my good man.

(sorry about editing the quotes, I needed to shorten my post)

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads7/lotm_altered_biq.zip

Cavalry in civ3 is uber because it just happens to have 2 more attack than a musketman, the common defender when its first introduced. When rifle men come along, it is not such a great unit at all, and by the time infantry comes Cavalry is truly obsolete.
Cav obsolete when Inf come around? Are you nuts?

While it may turn out differently in LOTM, Cav, if supported with Arty, are easily able to overcome Inf. And cities held by Riflemen I frequently simply run over with waves of Cav.
What do you think of Sanghyando? He sounds more ‘Haradian’ to me, at least.[/url]

Once you spell "Sangahyando" correctly, it sounds just as perfectly 100% Quenya as do Castamir, Herumor and Fuinur.

To the very best of my knowledge, the only Haradrim name we know of is Inkâ-nush, a name for Gandalf. We're gonna be stuck with a Quenya name.

The Last Conformist-
Cav obsolete when Inf come around? Are you nuts?
Alright, I tested it out. I put 20 cavalry units and 20 infantry units on a map. 10 of the infantry units were on grassland, and 10 were under 25% (and up) defensive bonuses, more than realistic.
Out of all 20 battles the cavalry won 3, while was able to retreat from 6 of the 17. And on top of all that, the infantry usually had enough life to attack back. Not forgetting infantry has as much attack as cavalry.
word
I would stay away from any gambling if you think you're getting the 'better deal' by having 5 cavalry equal to your oppositions 1 infantry unit.
The Last Conformist-
While it may turn out differently in LOTM, Cav, if supported with Arty, are easily able to overcome Inf. And cities held by Riflemen I frequently simply run over with waves of Cav.
Yeah, a horseman supported by artillery would do almost as good too. That’s like saying “yeah my warrior was able to slaughter that pikeman! No problem, after I took away all but one of its HP’s, he went down like a lamb.”
The Last Conformist-
Once you spell "Sangahyando" correctly, it sounds just as perfectly 100% Quenya as do Castamir, Herumor and Fuinur.
Well sure, if you spell it correctly! ;)
Castamir. I don’t like having a ruler of Harad which never actually ‘ruled Harad’. But hey, I’ll get over it, I care not.

I’ve got some questions, which I would be grateful if you could answer. When Mrtn and I were going over the civilizations tab in the editor, he convinced me to use the “Gondorians\Gondorian” word usage, even though the words were never used throughout the entirety of Lord of the Rings, or The Hobbit. I suggested that we use “dúnedain” for both Arnor and Gondor, but as he rightly pointed out it would be messed up in diplomacy. This is a big problem for me, as I ended up doing the same for other civs. Angmar and Mordor. Since I really don’t like “Mordorians”, or “Angmarians” it would be helpful if you could give us some insight there.
Also, I’m not very happy with the Moriquendi, do you know if this word functions as both an adjective and a noun? For Rohan I had Rohirrim\Eorling, which I later changed to “Eorlings\Eorling”. I would rather we didn’t limit it to the Rohirrim only after Eorl, however.
The Last Conformist-
To the very best of my knowledge, the only Haradrim name we know of is Inkâ-nush, a name for Gandalf. We're gonna be stuck with a Quenya name.
I don’t mind the name as much as the fact that the person ruled Umbar, and not really Harad. Harad will be hell to think of cities for. :(

The Cheetos bit was class.
I always thought the word colloquial was a bad one for its subject. What is more un-colloquial than the word colloquial itself?
"Vernacular" is up there.
What do you think of Sanghyando? He sounds more ‘Haradian’ to me, at least. I want a more African influenced dude\dudette for the leader of the Harad. Didn’t someone mention a ‘queen’ a couple threads back?
I don't recall the queen reference, but would find it intriguing if it were located. And who the heck is Sangahyando? I found this by Googling:
Along with his brother Sangahyando, Angamaitë was the acknowledged heir to the tradition of piracy begun his father, Castamaitë, the grandson of Castamir the Usurper.
http://www.taivaansusi.net/roolipelit/lindefirion/umbar_rulers.html
For all I know it's fan fiction (edit: yup, certainly conjectural), but if it's anything related to canon text, we still haven't left Umbar -- let alone got a name that's not Quenyan (as The Last Conformist has already pointed out). Further to TLC's remarks, it does indeed appear that we're going to be hard-put for genuine Southon-esque names:
Of the language of the Haradrim far down in the south there is not much we can say. A certain wizard once stated that "many are my names in many countries: Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkûn to the Dwarves; Olórin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incánus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not" (LotR2/IV ch. 5). According to UT:399/402, Incánus or Inkâ-nus, Inkâ-nush is a word from the tongue of the Haradrim meaning "North-spy". But Tolkien was not quite sure about this; he wondered if Incánus might not be Quenya for "Mind-leader" instead. - According to PM:79, Tolkien stated that the names Khand (the land south-east of Mordor) and Variag (the Variags being the people who lived in Khand) were samples of "the speech of Men of the East and allies of Sauron". Another Khandian word is mûmak "elephant", pl. mûmakil. Is the plural ending -il related to the one that possibly occurs in Forgoil, or is it an independent borrowing from Elvish?
(--Ardalambion)
So I'm sticking by Castamir as a founder and big ol' ruler dude as our choice until something better pops up. :cool:

Side-thought: I shall be considering the names in RRNut's lists soon, I hope. We are including the Variags (residents of Khand) as part of the Southron civ, rather than the Easterlings, no? "South-east" is sort of in the middle of the two, and my binary mind is perplexed... :p
I thought he [Tar-Minastir] was the one who sent his son over to Middle-earth, to help after Eregion was overrun, and that Gil-Galad had sent Elrond to try and help the ring maker out, thus pointing to the creation of Rivendell.
You might be right, I don't know where Tar-Minastir was when he sent the Numenorean military to liberate Eregion. At any rate, the Gil-Galad connection would be well afterwards, dealing with the exiles (Elendil and sons) from the sunken Numenor and all.

To everyone: are we cool with having Tar-Minastir instead of Tar-Aldarion as the Numenorean leader(head), then?
It’s not Ant[Wimp], it’s [Ant]Wimp! Two to five letter acronyms are popular in the online gaming world for clans. Clans are groups of friends who usually compete as a team, against other teams\clans. Sort of like: [LOTM]Mithadan ;-).
Oh, so Wimp is in the Ant clan, then? Wow, I think I might get it. Now I have to learn what "l33l" means (or however it's spelt). :crazyeye:
What Galadiel? Are you are talking about embryodeads wood-elven leaderhead? You do know she has wings, right? :)
Uh, wings? Oh. Actually, I was thinking we could use Joan of Arc Medieval as Galadriel all decked out for war...forget what I'm saying, I'm talking craziness.
Ciryaher ‘Hyarmendacil’ in the first, my good man.
Well, my good man, had you said Ciryaher in the first place this confusion might have been avoided! Bah! :D

Edit: (friggin' postin' while I'm postin'...)
Castamir. I don’t like having a ruler of Harad which never actually ‘ruled Harad’. But hey, I’ll get over it, I care not. ... I don’t mind the name as much as the fact that the person ruled Umbar, and not really Harad. Harad will be hell to think of cities for. :(
Well, we could always go for "Shaka" and "Isandhlwana" etc... :satan:
I’ve got some questions, which I would be grateful if you could answer. When Mrtn and I were going over the civilizations tab in the editor, he convinced me to use the “Gondorians\Gondorian” word usage, even though the words were never used throughout the entirety of Lord of the Rings, or The Hobbit. I suggested that we use “dúnedain” for both Arnor and Gondor, but as he rightly pointed out it would be messed up in diplomacy. This is a big problem for me, as I ended up doing the same for other civs. Angmar and Mordor. Since I really don’t like “Mordorians”, or “Angmarians” it would be helpful if you could give us some insight there.
Also, I’m not very happy with the Moriquendi, do you know if this word functions as both an adjective and a noun? For Rohan I had Rohirrim\Eorling, which I later changed to “Eorlings\Eorling”. I would rather we didn’t limit it to the Rohirrim only after Eorl, however.
The "you" is probably TLC, not me, but I'll try. I remember this problem from Civ2 scenarios, too. Could we try "Men of Gondor" (poop on 'gender' sensitivity) or "Vassals of Angmar" and the like? Or would that bugger up the grammar when plugged into the diplomacy scripts?

My elvish sucks, and has been justly corrected in the past, but I think Moriquendi will work fine all around. "The Moriquendi," a "Moriquendi archer," etc. Sort of like "the French" vs. "French"... No Moriquendi equivalent to "France," though. Can't we just call that "the Moriquendi" somehow, too? There are all those buttons in the editor there that I never fiddle with too successfully...

Another edit: just noticed that the Middle-Earth MMORPG calls dudes from Angmar "Angmarim." Probably extratextual, but it has that ring to it that might pass off as okay in our desperation. Any linguistic comments? Heck, it might work for Arnorim, Gondorim, etc. (Yuck! I'm all confused now!)

I've never eaten Cheetos, but I feel Cheetas with ketchup goes down a treat. ;)

About cavalry, the thing with them is that if you have 20 cavs and let them attack one inf each, you've been on the pipe weed too long... A proper tactician concentrates his forces and use them to take out one infantry at the time, with healing inbetween attacks. This means I think TLC talks sense. :)
I was one of the guys wanting two moves on a road, and I still do. I'd prefer not to have to take that debate again (I prefer to going straight than in circles ;) ), but if I have to if I will.

About zero-range bombard, it works like this: The archer (on the defending side) makes one attack on the attacker. This means you pit the bombard value against the attackers defense. This bombard can only take one hitpoint off of the attacker. This is a good reason not to throw extra HP's on all sorts of units IMO, as this makes the bombard more useful.

BTW, calling me Mr. TN is incorrect, besides that it confuses people.

Mithadan: Could we try "Men of Gondor" (poop on 'gender' sensitivity) or "Vassals of Angmar" and the like? Or would that bugger up the grammar when plugged into the diplomacy scripts?
I fear it would bugger things up. "Is that Men of Gondor soldiers stealing my chickens?"

Angmarim works, I think, but I still prefer Gondorians to Gondorim... I think.
The Last Conformist: To the very best of my knowledge, the only Haradrim name we know of is Inkâ-nush, a name for Gandalf. We're gonna be stuck with a Quenya name.
So you don't think Gandalf fits as their leader then? ;)

But of course Gandalfs secret past-time! Ruling Harad!

MWHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Duh, now I understand who Mr. TN is supposed to be! :o
Originally posted by mrtn
I fear it would bugger things up. "Is that Men of Gondor soldiers stealing my chickens?"
Darn, you're right!
Originally posted by mrtn
Angmarim works, I think, but I still prefer Gondorians to Gondorim... I think.
I think so too...I think.

Yeah, that would be funny: Gandalf as the leader of the Southrons... :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom