No PC version for the new Civ? What the hell is goin' on here?

Wanna PC version?

• Yes, and I have a console which will support CivRev

Votes: 29 18.0%
  • Yes, and I don't have a console which will support CivRev

Votes: 54 33.5%
  • No, and I have a console which will support CivRev

Votes: 40 24.8%
  • No, and I don't have a console which will support CivRev

Votes: 38 23.6%

• Total voters

WerBackIII

Jar of the Rotting Brain
Why Firaxis are making only a console version of the game? what about everyone in CivFan? I'm sure that nearly 60% of the people who regulary play Civ are active members. If I make a poll, you'll see: they preffer a PC version.

Hopefully they'll release it for PC... eventually. Of course, they might not in order to keep CivRev from becoming "Civ V." I am starting to look at getting at DS so I'll have a portable Civ game- but I'd rather just buy it for PC, since I'm not much of a console gamer.

Well, you probably haven't been paying much attention to the latest news. Civilization Resolution is a game built specifically for next-gen console, that meaning that it will NOT be a sequel to Civ IV. That said, this version is a lot lighter than its PC "cousins", and designed to easily be played with console controllers, therefore losing a lot of the depth (presumably) available in the other versions. It's Civ adapted to the more mainstream reality of consoles.

Pc players, however, have not been forgotten. Civ V won't take long to start its conceptual design (IMHO), and will probably released in the next three years. Meanwhile, it is very likely that we either see another remake of one of Sid's classics (just as we've witnessed with the new Pirates!, or the more recent Railroads!), or another game made by Firaxis for the PC, built from the ground up.

Actually, this is not the first version of Civ for a platform game. I first got hooked
playing Civ2 on a 'lite' version for the ps1. I'm sure that's part of the strategy here-
to gain a greater consumer base then would normally try a Civ game. As most people
with kids, mine have somehow aquired every platform in existence, so there's really
no need for pc version- especially with the computing power of today's pf's.
I'm rather looking forward to the DS version...

Actually, this is not the first version of Civ for a platform game.

True. Nor is it the first time it gets adapted to a portable platform (I remember the N-Gage conversion, and there were others before it perhaps). Still, this is the first time it was built and though as a genuine console game.

While I would like PC version of Revolutions, I understand why it was made primary for consoles.

If PC version would be out in same time as console versions, people would be confused that it's Civ5.

CivRev will be very different and simplified.
It's shame that from all consoles it's not going to show on PSP ;(((((

I played a very good version of Civ 1 on the SNES, which is what got me hooked on the franchise. The PS1 version wasn't the first version on a game console.

Of course, Sid didn't prostitute the game by making it cartoony as hell and action-oriented... he simply trusted people who own consoles to be able to "get" the game as it was. He didn't sell out back then.

I played a very good version of Civ 1 on the SNES, which is what got me hooked on the franchise. The PS1 version wasn't the first version on a game console.

Of course, Civ didn't prostitute the game by making it cartoony as hell and action-oriented... he simply trusted people who own consoles to be able to "get" the game as it was. He didn't sell out back then.

Xavier, WTF. Who died and made you art critic?

"Sell out". Pfft. What are you, 18?

How true. I just bought my PSP Slim. How nice it would be to play Civ on the go...

Haha. Maybe they know the PSP will be a dead paltform by 2008!! j/k.

If PC version would be out in same time as console versions, people would be confused that it's Civ5.

...and? Why would that be a bad thing? Just means more coffers in Firaxis' pockets to throw at the next version of Civ, yes? CtP was "confusing" because it wasn't made by Firaxis.

The whole point is that they are making a version of Cvi that can be played on consoles - WE don't want that on a PC, we already have cIV.. what more do you want?!?

This isnt CiV, so relax, they will continue to develope the PC version.

If fans are any indicator, a PC version wouldn't do very well.

Rather than issue a PC version, I think Firaxis should issue a comment saying "THIS IS NOT MEANT FOR PC GAMERS! Half of you should look the other way and wait for Civ 5."

WHAT ABOUT THE PSP!? DS is good but PSP would be better. Also I agree that there should be a PC version.

PSP version got cancelled so they would have enough time for the Wii version.

Top Bottom