Huge Steam sale! Civ IV Complete $25; Civ III Complete $3.74; Pirates $7.49

RichPowers

Chieftain
Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but Steam has an enormous Holiday Sale going on right now. Several Sid games are discounted, so now's a good chance to buy if you don't have them or want them tied to your Steam account.

www.steampowered.com

WHY!!!!
WHY REDUCE A WEEK AFETR I BUY IT T_T

<---

(\__/)
(T_T)
(") (")

Bunny needs a hug TT

I think he was being metaphorical, not literal.

Metaphorical?

Of course! When placed in that context, the phrase "I hate Steam" is a deep, philosophical statement which questions the nature of entities which have no proper physical existence and are bound only to this world through the minds of humans by those bonds which we call ideas, and that Steam corresponds to one of these ethereal entities is of significance. Furthermore, the hatred of those entities which cannot be sensed is interpreted not as hatred, but as fear of that which cannot be directly seen, smelt, touched, tasted, or heard. And this fear of ethereal entities directly corresponds to a more common phobia, that repelling notion of spirits of the deceased! That the name Steam would also see immediate association with the gaseous nature of phantoms cannot be a coincidence; but subtle and ingenious literary imagery!"

Thus, "I hate Steam" is a metaphor for "I am afraid of ghosts." That is brilliant.

:crazyeye:

Metaphorical?

Of course! When placed in that context, the phrase "I hate Steam" is a deep, philosophical statement which questions the nature of entities which have no proper physical existence and are bound only to this world through the minds of humans by those bonds which we call ideas, and that Steam corresponds to one of these ethereal entities is of significance. Furthermore, the hatred of those entities which cannot be sensed is interpreted not as hatred, but as fear of that which cannot be directly seen, smelt, touched, tasted, or heard. And this fear of ethereal entities directly corresponds to a more common phobia, that repelling notion of spirits of the deceased! That the name Steam would also see immediate association with the gaseous nature of phantoms cannot be a coincidence; but subtle and ingenious literary imagery!"

Thus, "I hate Steam" is a metaphor for "I am afraid of ghosts." That is brilliant.

:crazyeye:
That is not quite the most rediculous thing I have read today, but I'll give you props for trying. Metaphorical was the wrong word though, but you should have gotton the point. To me it read as if he said "I hate steam" meaning "I just bought that game for a higher price and if I had waited a few days I could have paid less for it on steam".

Out of curiosity, what could you possibly have read that was more ridiculous than that?

Someone on another forum I go to started a thread saying he thinks that once obama is assassinated the USA will dissolve into race riots and guerilla warfare.

Now enough going off topic!

I declare Ramesses ''Winner Of The Topic".

Oh, and I hate Steam due to it's poor user support for online games. xD

Top Bottom