[MOD] Privateers, Pirates, and Buccaneers

I installed last 0.40b version and start a new game. I will check all leaders, etc. Combination of leaders - maybe could be the reason of crash.

However, I don't think that the directory name somehow could affect on the crash during saved game loading. As far as I know any information about directory name in absent in game codes (source codes, phyton and xml files). Such information appears only in save file. As result you can load the save file only on the game version where this file was created.

I have the same type error as described earlier.

Mod version 0.40b. Mod installed in directory Privateer Mod V0.4.

Save => load => crash on desktop

I have such error message:

AppName: colonization.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.1 ModName: cvgamecoredll.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 0010c01c

Please, see the attached save file 040 AD-1494-May.ColonizationSave.

I very hope you could find the reason of such terrible crashes. They happen accidently, moreover after such crash impossible to load not only the last save file, but also previous ones.

Attachments

• 040 AD-1494-May.ColonizationSave
    63.9 KB · Views: 119

I very hope you could find the reason of such terrible crashes. They happen accidently, moreover after such crash impossible to load not only the last save file, but also previous ones.

I downloaded the file and I was able to load that save game. Did that file cause a crash to your desk top? What language are you using? I have it only set up for English at the moment?

Kailric, do you know if its possible to do those diplomacy options

Anything is possible :) But I am a novice so I may not can figure out somethings. So you want a diplomacy contract option that allows you to what .. see each others units and the inside of cities but your are not allies?

Do ya'll play Vanilla or do you use a mod?

I really like the new version of this. I downloaded an older version a while ago, and liked it even then. But now, there's so much more stuff here...

Very fun mod. I just started a game as one of the Pirate leaders (the English one). I'll let you know what I think after I get through it some more.

I really like the new version of this. I downloaded an older version a while ago, and liked it even then. But now, there's so much more stuff here...

Very fun mod. I just started a game as one of the Pirate leaders (the English one). I'll let you know what I think after I get through it some more.

Hey, cool man. I am still working on this Mod too and should have another update soon. One of the guys above is haveing trouble loading saved games, test that out for me please. I haven't had a problem yet saveing and loading.

What I have been working for this mod is a more advanced "Plunder Trade Routes" mission. In the old version the ships you'd encounter would be spawned ships, but I didn't really like that idea. So I have changed that in this next update only ships that are already in the game can be intercepted while on route to Europe. If your Privateer happens to find such a ship the camera will zoom to the spot, and you will get a popup asking you if you want to attack the ship and the odds if you do. You will also get to look around the area for other possible enemy ships to attack in your sight range or ships that may attack you. That way if you encounter a stronger ship you don't have to attack it.

I'll also have a better unloading system for units with Pirated Cargo.

But one of the cooler features is Naval Spys!! You can move a unit to a rivals territory and much like Gift you can turn your Transport into a Spy. That will make that nation like you more as that unit will then become the other players unit but you will see what it sees... not only that but when ever you mouse over any ships by that Nation in which you have a spy you will get a full list of Cargo that is on that ship. That way your privateers and pirates will have a better idea on who that want to attack. I plan to make it so that if a spy unit is defeated at sea there is a chance that it will be captured and made to "squeal" and that nation will know you been spying on them and it will lower their attitude towards you.

I am also thinking of ways to make a full blown Pirate Confederation that has no ties with a Europe power much like the Cheng I and his wife Cheng I Sao, they answered to noone.

This Mod needs balanceing though in that are AI Nations getting Founding Captains way more than the player? And things like that.

Anyway, one of the coolest things I done in my mod is lose my starting ships right from the get go, told the king where to put his ring, then took my freebooter and stole a canoe, searched for a rival Nation, lay in wait, attacked a Caravel and captured it, then went on my way :). It was intense as your little canoe can be easly killed by privateers and other naval units, so you have to stay out of sight while you lay in wait. The free "Incognito" promotiom helps though as enemy units have to be right next to you to know who you really are.

~Cheers

I loaded it fine. I put all the units to sleep, hit next turn- still all fine. Next turn- still no crash...

At what point does the game crash during loading? (I mean Python, XML, Engine, Fonts, etc.) Or does it crash after loading?

Alright, I'm into my Caribbean Map game as Captain Christopher Mings, and I've been having a lot of fun with my pirate ship (now squadron).

A minor bug so far: how is the rum-to-freebooter building mechanic supposed to work? My free colonist that was working there vanished from the building after the turns it had to stay there, and then a freebooter appeared in the city. I put the new freebooter to work there again, and sure enough, after however-many-turns-were-needed, my freebooter disappeared from the building and a new one appeared in the city...

EDIT: And, for some reason, after a mission to smuggle goods, my ship is now called "The Dread Captain Pirate Squadron"...

Alright, I'm into my Caribbean Map game as Captain Christopher Mings, and I've been having a lot of fun with my pirate ship (now squadron).

A minor bug so far: how is the rum-to-freebooter building mechanic supposed to work? My free colonist that was working there vanished from the building after the turns it had to stay there, and then a freebooter appeared in the city. I put the new freebooter to work there again, and sure enough, after however-many-turns-were-needed, my freebooter disappeared from the building and a new one appeared in the city...

EDIT: And, for some reason, after a mission to smuggle goods, my ship is now called "The Dread Captain Pirate Squadron"...

The Rum to Freebooter building is there just to turn Citizens and or Criminals into said Freebooters. The Freebooter is a special unit it that you can capture Cargo ships with it and also you can turn any transport ship into a pirate ship if you say have too many transport ships and could use another Privateer.

Edit: Also, puting the Freebooter back in there drinking Rum was just a joke. They love Rum so of course they are gonna take all that you will give them:) After the time is up you should be getting a message, "A freebooter is drinking all your Rum!"

I wanted a way to limit the ability to Capture ships so having to turn a colonist into a freebooter over time is a means to do just that. If you have any ideas or suggestions on how the mechanics of any part of the Mod could be please feel free to post. All aspects of the Mod are still in the testing phase.

K, I'll check the code on the smuggle mission. When ever a unit does a Smuggling or Plunder Trade Routes mission it automatic changes the name to Smuggleing or Plundering in order to let the player know what the unit is doing. I will have a better way of this comming in the next update though.

I started my first game with the Dutch Leader Captain Pieth Hein and got the same Crash to Desktop, after starting a game with one of the other Captains no crash occurs, even with my dutch Captain... :crazyeye:

I started my first game with the Dutch Leader Captain Pieth Hein and got the same Crash to Desktop, after starting a game with one of the other Captains no crash occurs, even with my dutch Captain... :crazyeye:

So, let me get this straight, you started a game as Piet Hein and the game crashed? Then you started another game as another captain and it worked fine, and you can even start a game as Piet Hein now and no problems?

If the game crashes when you try to start a game or while playing take note of all the game settings and post any relevant information here. Post a saved game if possible.

If the game crashes during the loading screen take note at what point it crashes:

Attachments

• loading.jpg
    loading.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 7,991
I loaded it fine. I put all the units to sleep, hit next turn- still all fine. Next turn- still no crash...

At what point does the game crash during loading? (I mean Python, XML, Engine, Fonts, etc.) Or does it crash after loading?

The mod itself can be loaded without problems. However, sometimes during saved game loading I have a crash to desktop. It's happen during "Setup Map", exactly before "Finishing" step. The map is one of that was included in the mod 0.40b.

I found also a very strange effect. Maybe this one can somehow find the reason of crash.

When I had a crash during save game loading, I rebooted my PC and tried to load the same saved game. Here I had absolutely the same crash on desktop again. After that I sent this file to Kailric as defected.

However, next day I could load this save file without problems. I change nothing in my PC configuration or in the game. Very strange.... :confused:

I have also one additional question-proposal.

After about 150-200 runs the privateer obtains all possible promotions, however the blue aura around such ship remains. This effect creates some discomfort. Maybe it is possible to disactive somehow this aura when no more promotions available.

The mod itself can be loaded without problems. However, sometimes during saved game loading I have a crash to desktop. It's happen during "Setup Map", exactly before "Finishing" step. The map is one of that was included in the mod 0.40b.

I found also a very strange effect. Maybe this one can somehow find the reason of crash.

When I had a crash during save game loading, I rebooted my PC and tried to load the same saved game. Here I had absolutely the same crash on desktop again. After that I sent this file to Kailric as defected.

However, next day I could load this save file without problems. I change nothing in my PC configuration or in the game. Very strange.... :confused:

Map? I did not add any maps to the game on purpose. If there are maps I did not put them there. What map is it? Some of the units I use are more graphicly intense than the normal Col units so that may have something to do with it. Before you play I would suggestion a reboot. Maybe that would help, and also defrag or scandisk.

Map? I did not add any maps to the game on purpose. If there are maps I did not put them there. What map is it? Some of the units I use are more graphicly intense than the normal Col units so that may have something to do with it. Before you play I would suggestion a reboot. Maybe that would help, and also defrag or scandisk.

Sorry, you are right about maps. They are not included in your mod, however two maps are available when I play Privateers, Pirates, and Buccaneers 0.40b: "A New World" and "Caribbean". I used "A New World" and Piet Hein as a lider.

Sorry, you are right about maps. They are not included in your mod, however two maps are available when I play Privateers, Pirates, and Buccaneers 0.40b: "A New World" and "Caribbean". I used "A New World" and Piet Hein as a lider.

Well, they are the mapscripts for Colonization (official ones- there are some modder-made ones as well), so they should be available in every mod unless said mod restricts the use of public maps.

My Caribbean game as Mings (the English Captain) worked fine, no crashes...

Well, they are the mapscripts for Colonization (official ones- there are some modder-made ones as well), so they should be available in every mod unless said mod restricts the use of public maps.

My Caribbean game as Mings (the English Captain) worked fine, no crashes...

Yes, I know about maps.

However to my opinion, the Caribbean map looks very bad. Northern semisphere is pactically empty, cental part also. Do you know a better and more close to reality map of Caribbean region?

So, let me get this straight, you started a game as Piet Hein and the game crashed? Then you started another game as another captain and it worked fine, and you can even start a game as Piet Hein now and no problems?

If the game crashes when you try to start a game or while playing take note of all the game settings and post any relevant information here. Post a saved game if possible.

If the game crashes during the loading screen take note at what point it crashes

No its the same Problem KJ Jansson described it.
Start with Dutch Captain.
Play with Dutch Captain.
Save Game, no Problems till now.
Load the save Game. On "Setup Maps" the Game crashes.
New Game with Piet Hein->same Problem.
Then the same procedure with the english captain and everything goes fine.I overwrote the first savegames, im sorry. And now i cant reproduce the crash...

Great Mod btw. I love it, because it not just tweaking but gives a new Game Experience as the "pirat way to play". Thanx for that.

No its the same Problem KJ Jansson described it.
Start with Dutch Captain.
Play with Dutch Captain.
Save Game, no Problems till now.
Load the save Game. On "Setup Maps" the Game crashes.
New Game with Piet Hein->same Problem.
Then the same procedure with the english captain and everything goes fine.I overwrote the first savegames, im sorry. And now i cant reproduce the crash...

Great Mod btw. I love it, because it not just tweaking but gives a new Game Experience as the "pirat way to play". Thanx for that.

"When I was knee high to a rum barrel, me da wanted me to join the "Royal Navy", but I found a better way... the Pyrates way, hahahaha, give'em a broadsides boys!" :goodjob:

Thanks for the bug report. Hmmm, next time if the game crashes make a save of all your autosaved games in another folder first thing. Then post that for me ok.

Glad you like the mod. Hopefullly, in the next update I'll have it set up so you can play as a "Pirate Confederation". These Leaders will offer you another mode to play in as you don't have a "King" to answer to. Long live the :king:... :lol:

Top Bottom