Who's Interested in Turn-Playing, Planning, Being Diplomats...??

DMOC

Mathematician
Just to keep our team a little more organized ... I thought it'd be nice to have a list of people who should handle the majority of tasks this game, which include turn playing, planning, cloak and dagger, diplomacy, etc.

So ... if anyone is interested in being one of the previously mentioned people ... feel free to say so. We can't have too many people work on one task (say turn playing), though. :)

I'm interested in pretty much everything ... but as the game progresses I might specialize into 1 or 2 tasks. Probably right now what appeals to me most is acting as a diplomat and a turnplayer.

I guess this is as good a thread as any to post this in. I'm not going to have access to the pitboss since my Mac does not have BtS and the computer that does have civ is not connected to the internet (question though - is it possible to download the save to look at it, or do we have to log into the pitboss to view the game?). Being a diplomat probably isn't the best idea. Aside from having no MP experience, I can be a bit erm, blunt at times (just ask Niklas...). Therefore, I'm probably suited for the turn-by-turn planning segment of the game, though not having access to the save will hinder this and I'd need a bunch of screen shots to stay current with our situation. Though an up to date and accurate Sandkasten would probably suffice for this as well.

I'm all for planning. C&D is interesting to me, but I'll be learning at first. I'd like to be in the turn-player rotation as well.

I'll do whatever is necessary...;)

[noob question] er, what is cloak and dagger, specifically?[/noob question]

I'd prefer to leave turn-playing to more experienced MP players (this especially applies to any war turns). I can certainly play turns if needed, though, so you can put me in the rotation. I'm also on Pacific time and often play at 10-11PM, in case we ever need to cover a turn late or something.

Preferred roles: turn-by-turn micro planning, test mapping and test playing.

Alos:
Despite my somewhat awful language on this forum, I'm actually quite a decent technical and creative writer. I'd be happy to edit diplomatic communications, should such editing ever be required.

C&D is interesting to me, but I'll be learning at first. I'd like to be in the turn-player rotation as well.

Not trying to sound too harsh here, but I believe we agreed elsewhere in an earlier thread that DMOC would be the primary turn-player, as he has some deity experience behind him. I think it’s best to keep these sensitive (and important) features primarily controlled by the pros. I also wouldn’t mind Snaaty filling in if he wants, but I know he doesn’t have much time for that.

I did a lot of technical writing so perhaps I can work with BabyBlue in that area. I also would like to help out in the C&D, but to be honest it’s a lot more work than I think most people understand (to be accurate). So be prepared to get your Excel charts at the ready.

I'm interested in planning and interested to know what cloak and dagger involves ^_^.

I'm also active enough to be a turnplayer but I don't really have much MP experience so maybe just a reserve turnplayer incase its needed :D

I play aggressively so I'll focus most of my advice and effort towards the military. I really enjoy pissing players off with worker raids and blockading nearby hills/forests in the beginning of the game. As such, I also know how to prepare for a blockade should we play more defensively or slowly (production-wise) and are outnumbered.

As far as the rest of my contributions, probably general city/worker managing. Diplomacy doesn't interest at all. Also, I don't have the regular log-in hours to commit to turn-playing.

Pretty much I'm going to yack a lot in the forums and then complain that our cities need to put out more production for more units =-p

I'd love to do the diplomacy side of things. I like to think I have a way with words and the diplomacy aspect of this whole thing is what really drew me to it in the fist place. So I'm not sure on the structure you're going for but I'd love to be an ambassador for a rival civ or whatever. Seeing as school ends for me (FOREVER!) next Tuesday, I'll have a lot of free time to draft messages and I just checked today and I can access civfanatics from work, sweetness!

I'm not really interested in turn-playing at all. I don't feel I'm good enough for that and I believe from what I've gathered that you'd make a great turnplayer DMOC and I think it might be best to have one alternate rather than a pool of players just to keep things consistent. Seems like a too many cooks spoil the broth kinda thing.

As for planning, I'm going to try to work on that test map soon if I have time as well as just contributing in the forums but I really want to focus on diplo, which seems like nobody else really wants to...

I'm interested in C&D and planning... do like my spreadsheets. :crazyeye:

I'm happy to leave the turnplaying to the pros.

Probably the same as BobRoberts, really. I'm happy to look at planning and C&D.

I can step in as turnplayer if need be; I'm not quite at the level of DMOC/obs/Snaaty, but I've got Immortal experience.

I'd like to be a diplomat. I do online sim baseball leagues, so I'm well-versed in negotiating trades and maximizing returns -- but I also know when I'm coming on too strong. I know when to fall on my sword and apologize and I know when to pump their ego.

But most of all, I listen and pay attention, and do my best to understand their needs and goals, so I can structure a deal that moves us both closer to where we need to be.

But most of all, I listen and pay attention, and do my best to understand their needs and goals, so I can structure a deal that moves us both closer to where we need to be.

You mean, make them THINK they're getting closer or just as much closer as we are getting...right? ;)

I'll give a hand in what ever are you need me. Although I'm interested in diplomacy mostly. Even if I don't write the actual proposals, I would like to be involved in analyzing of diplomatic negotiations.

I would be happy to perform any of the less sexy, less desirable odd-jobs that the people in the C&D department wont want. Things like tracking EP's to see who's generatinng the most and who's spending them on us, seeing who's gaining on tiles which are being culture clashed etc... Basically anything small but important enough to keep an eye on. What do you think?

From experience with the previous MTDG, I'd like to suggest that it's a BAD idea to give someone a badge like "you're the lead planner", that will just mean everyone else slacks off. But it's a GOOD idea to appoint a specific ambassadors to be the lead diplomats towards particular other teams, to avoid tripping each other up. Diplomacy is all about appearances after all.

I'm happy to serve in whatever function I can, where I am needed.

From experience with the previous MTDG, I'd like to suggest that it's a BAD idea to give someone a badge like "you're the lead planner", that will just mean everyone else slacks off. But it's a GOOD idea to appoint a specific ambassadors to be the lead diplomats towards particular other teams, to avoid tripping each other up. Diplomacy is all about appearances after all.

I'm happy to serve in whatever function I can, where I am needed.

:goodjob:

i second that

i would additionally propose an easy voting system for the above described jobs:

1. each job lasts for 1 month (except DMOC as main turnplayer)
2. we have (or better, in my opinion should have) the following jobs:
- main diplomat and 2 substitutes
- main turnplayer and 2 substitutes
- major (leader of our "tribe"... ...has last word on everything going on in our forum)
3. each job should be voted for a month in a public vote
4. we need a threat, where people can officially apply for above mentioned jobs
5. major takes care of votes, meaning, 1 week before month ends, he puts up public polls (so everybody can see who voted for whom) and puts the candidates up for voting
6. planning, sandkasten, etc. is always an open and public decision that should be taken as a team, meaning if there are 2 alternatives discussed, major puts up a public vote between them and whole team can decide.
7. every single team member has the right to post own ideas for planning, sandkasten etc. and ask major to put them up for voting

:)
that would be my 2cents on that matter

to take it a little further and make it a bit more precise, i would propose DMOC as our "interims"-major until game starts (next tuesday is sheduled), to put up the voting threats if we want to take it into that direction, filling in the candidates that applied here in this threat for the jobs... ...opinions?

on a side note:
the majors job is one of the most important jobs, cause he´s supposed to organize what we are doing here, stop arguments and take care that all team members are "happy" and well represented, help coordinating diplomacy with the various teams within our own team, do some basic analysis on whats going on and such... ...although beeing one of the most important jobs, only basic knowledge of the game is required... ...so its an ideal job for everybody to get more into the game, as long as you are willing to invest the time required for this (which is quite a lot)

I'll second Snaaty's proposal! I think it is a good idea to have some of the duties switched on monthly basis.

Top Bottom