This scenario is...

• Incredible!

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • Great!

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Good.

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters
what kind of graphic are you looking for? i've never made any graphic mods for civ 3 but hell, i'll give it a shot (or find someone that can ;) ). also, like i said before, i found portraits for the three figureheads. you might be able to use them for diplomacy pics.

I really enjoyed playing your scenario, over the weekend. All three positions are winnable.

Knowing nothing about Chinese history I cannot (will not) comment on it's accurracy )

From a game play point of view you might want to consider alter the VP conditions so that the smaller postions gain from simply existing. Additionally you want want to use either "Barbarian" Hordes or external nations as a game balance tool. I have no idea if that happened or not.

To close I liked it alot and am looking forward to the next in the series

Originally posted by Sarevok
there will be for sure. Planned ones are (I will need more flag leaderheads for these ones BTW)

257 - The Rise of Jin (The fall of the three kingdoms)

190 - The Alliance against Dong Zhuo

196 - The Rise of Wei

Although this already is a top-quality scenario
I think the addition of the above mentioned
will mean a sharp increase in interest.

Rocoteh

Sarevok:

In response to your post over in the ACWC3C thread, here is the procedure I used to setup a multiplayer version of TTK v1.1. I've over simplified the instructions just in case you want to use them elsewhere with people with less computer experience. (ie I'm not trying to insult your intelligence with each instruction detailed out).

1) Launch Conquests

2) In the main game screen, select MULTIPLAYER option.

3) In the CHOOSE MULTIPLAYER OPTION screen, select any of the options (I recommend PBEM or Hotseat as I have little experience with the other two options). (For the sake of this example I'll assume you've chosen Play by email).

4) In the MULTIPLAYER SETUP screen, under the Game Mode selection, select the down arrow and choose SCENARIO.

5) In the popup menu that appears, select your scenario (in this case TTK v1.1). Then click on the "O" button (lower right corner).

6) This will return you to the MULTIPLAYER SETUP screen. By default the Player1 designation from the TTKv1.1.biq file will automatically be loaded into the Player 1 slot (right hand side of the screen). In this example that would be Player "Cao Cao" of the Wei Kingdom.

To change the starting player, click on the number 1 next to the player name Cao Cao. This will alter the player civilization to the Player2 designation from the TTKv1.1.biq file. Clicking on this number again will alter it to the Player3 designation from the TTKv1.1.biq file.

Thus you will be able to setup which civilization you wish to setup first.

RENAMING A PLAYER: You can only do this when there is a red box outlining the player number. This is the equivalent of "selecting" that player. Then you can click on the RENAME selection (center of the screen), which will call up the player properties screen where you alter the player name / sex etc.

7) To add an additional player you move to the selection box directly below the first player name. Select the down arrow and choose ADD HUMAN PLAYER. By default it will add Player2 defined civilization in the TTKv1.1.biq file.

8) To add a third player you move to the selection box directly below the second player name. Select the down arrow and choose ADD HUMAN PLAYER. By default it will add Player3 defined civilization in the TTKv1.1.biq file.

You do not need to make any other changes any of the other fields in this screen.

To launch the game, select the LAUNCH button (middle right of this screen).

9) The player launching the game will be presented with a dialogue box asking for the ADMINISTRATION PASSWORD. Enter some password in the space provided then click on the "O" button. (NOTE: I don't recommend playing any multiplayer game with Admin and player passwords. Most people are honourable by why give people an opportunity to be dishonourable?)

10) The player launching the game will now be presented with a dialogue box asking for his player side password. After entering a value (or none) and selecting the "O" button he will be able to play his turn.

At the end of his turn, he will be presented with a pop up screen telling him his turn is over. He should select the SAVE AND EXIT option, save the game and email it to the next player.

NOTE: I recommend adopting some form of naming convention for player turns. By default CIV assigning the CURRENT PLAYER name, and the game turn. I personally find this braindead and rename the player to the PLAYER BEING SENT THE TURN and the correct game date. I find it more logical to name turns for whom is going to play them, rather than the player that just played it. Its a personal preference which I suggest the players agree upon up front.

11) Assuming the turn has been emailed to the next player, they can load the turn from the MAIN CIVILIZATION GAME SCREEN by selecting the LOAD GAME option. They need only navigate to where the file was saved on their disk and select it. Assuming it is their FIRST GAME turn, they will see the PASSWORD dialogue box appear asking them to enter their password. They then play the turn, save and email to the third player.

12) The third player loads his turn and plays it as per step 11.

ITEMS OF NOTE:

The game will ALWAYS play in the player order defined in the .biq file. Thus the turn order will always be WEI, SHU, WU. If you want it to be different you must edit the SCENARIO file to change it in the Scenario Menu, under Scenario Properties in the Players tab.

The remove or add a player, you need their game turn, load it and enter the Administrator's password to erase that player's password so you can assign another.

I hope this helps.

Misfit

Yes. Using the above instructions I was able to play PBEM and hotseat game with three players. (I simulated of course but it worked fine right with the existing v1.1 scenario as is). As far as I can tell the key thing is that the HUMAN PLAYER flag must be selected for all human player elligible factions in the Scenario / Scenario Properties / Player Tab in order for multiplayer to work.

I played three turns for each side to make sure the game dynamics worked properly. One thing to check though is that the WU faction appears to have fog of war set while I don't recall either of the two other factions having any of the game map hidden.

Regards
Misfit

that seems to have been fixed now

1.2 Is up and Running

Changes:
- Some cities changed hands, Shu lost a few cities, but gained forces.
- General increase in troops
- Name issue fixed
- Land bridge between Xiangyang across the Chang Jiang
- And many more.

I just took a quick look at version 1.1 that I downloaded the other day and I have to say that the level of detail and the effort that obviously went into this scenario is astounding. I didn't have a chance to play it for long but I can say that this is real top notch work. How long did it take you to make it, Sarevok?

I also love the topic of the scenario, such a cool event to play in. I guess I have another book to add to my "to-read" list.

that book is 1700 pages, but is probably the most famous novel in East Asia. Dont bet on finding it in the US though. :)

To do this scenario, It took the Idea about 3 months, but the creating itself took 3 weeks.

you can find the book on amazon.com
that's where i found my copy.

i've been working on creating my own leaderheads and other graphics for this scenario. i might put them up here if you don't mind Sarevok.

Sarevok,

To bad, a many fractions versions should
increase interest for this scenario sharp.

Rocoteh

Top Bottom