Final Frontier: Problems & Issues (Post-3.13 Update Available)

Yup, sorry, mixed up the forum :)
Btw, didn't know that asteroid fields negate the armor bonus :(
is it mentioned in the pedia? (is it me again not reading carefully enough?)

They are not supposed to negate it, it just turns out that features override terrain when it comes to attack and defense bonuses and I expect Jon Shafer didn't know about this (it isn't common knowledge and there is no particular reason it should work that way). The armor is given as a defensive bonus on the "Space" terrain (actually TERRAIN_TUNDRA since space is actually tundra). Therefore when the unit is on a feature it loses the bonus since only the modifiers for the feature are applied, not the one for the underlying terrain.

It would have been done that way because there is no generic defense only bonus in the promotion data. It can be fixed via the XML by giving the same bonus when on each of the feature types (asteroids, radiation clouds, gravity fields, supernova area, solar systems, etc.). This would work but it would add a statement about it for every feature type, which would look bad.

Ideally, the solution is to do either of these:
1) add a new tag to the promotion data that is just "defensive bonus" that always applies regardless of terrain, features, or anything else.
2) make a small change to the promotion processing so that it always checks for both the feature and terrain bonuses instead of only checking for a feature bonus if on a feature.

Either would require DLL changes, but the first would also require XML changes too.

I have loaded FF+ 1.73 on my XP computer and Vista laptops, on XP I have no problems, but on Vista, I get error messages scrolled down the screen and they stay on the screen during play. Any fix to FF+ or Vista?

What is probably the problem:

FF+ is probably trying to write to various BUG settings files. You probably have Civ4 installed to the default location under Program Files (or similarly named folder). Vista and later have a thing called User Account Control (UAC) that won't let things be written to in that location. You can fix this by getting access to the user settings folder and files typically either by turning off UAC or by running Civ4 as the Administrator account (you can set it to always do this). There are various threads around the forums that have more detailed info on this.

Probably.

Where can i download FF ? :confused:

It's required for one mod to run, but i have already deleted FF from my Civ4 installation to save up space and i don't want to reinstall everything.

The troop transport option is broken for the Forge since their special invasion ships do not have the troop transport property, making them unable to capture cities with that option on.

Look at CIV3UnitInfos.xml for fixing that, the first three invasion ships ("<Class>UNITCLASS_INVASION_SHIP_") there have:

<bTroopTransport>1</bTroopTransport

For a fix add it as well to the three Forge special units ("<Type>UNIT_PSU_") later in the file.

Good catch.

Although that is more of a "Final Frontier Plus" problem/issue since there was no such game option or unique unit in regular FF. We have our own sub-forum over here.

It will be fixed in the next version of FFP, version 1.8 (due Real Soon Now&#8482;).

Where can i download FF ? :confused:

It's required for one mod to run, but i have already deleted FF from my Civ4 installation to save up space and i don't want to reinstall everything.

Look at the forums in Creation and Customization

Hellou. I have merged Final Frontier with some elements from Plus, because i dont will instal the newest verzion of FFP due that, i have created new civilization: Aliens (with Sid as ruler :D), and build class IV of all units. And alter all names of civilization: (Klingon, Cylons, Borg, Goauld, New Earth, Federations, Romulans, Siths, Aliens). Its more memorable for my that the original names :D It works fine, but i entered to a problem.

1. In midle or end of a game (one more turn) i have see that enemy cities drop population to 1 and have starvated. When i spy these cities i have seen that the AI unasignet all planet and population decreased. Also i see that AI have build buildings on only one planet and less or nothing in the others. Can this be resolved? What mus i altern in the mod?

2. I have heard that in earliest version player can spy enemy cities and there can adjusted population of enemy cities. When i canot resolve the problem 1. As i can adjust enemy starvating cities to work properly?

3. Later have i discovered that AI decreased population in citis to 1 when they have many unhapinnes from 10 to 20. Its were the war wearines (The world has you for a criminal) and in cities without unhappy they vere normal worked and build population back from 1 to 2 etc...
I have question what is the problem? I have planets with population 20, 30 or more and i have unhappy 10 or 20 more that happy citizen, but i have never needed decreasing population by asigment from planet, because im not idiot and i need rather unhappy citizen with full production rather than happy cities with production of zero. Why AI does it? This is suicide behavior and i dont get it. Its easier come with the flote to citi with 1 population and take it. :D But not challengeable.

4. When you have 4 planets on solar system, size: 1, 2, 2, 3 all with food 2 you have 8 population limit, but that its not the maximum population limit, its only number of population needed for take control for all planets. You have then 15 food that is needed for population 7/8. Later in the game you can with habitation other improvements and civic maximize the size of planets to 3, 4, 4, 5 with food 4 on each, that gives you 64 food and that its for 32 population in city. That gives you too 32 unhappy and 32 unhealty citizen what leeds too to decreasing of population but i dont care :D I need only 17 population to work on planet. (I have resolved this for my to added new Future tech what repeatedly gives mi 1 health and 1 happines). But when enemy AI have many unhappines leads that to decreasing population and decimate themselves.
Dont we should change the unhappines problem in AI cities, or at least mitigate the consequences wor AI from war wearines and city unhappines?

I've downloaded and played this mod in the past and it worked fine. Now, after erasing and then re-downloading the files again I run into a problem whenever I start playing your mod. Across the middle of the screen I get an endless chain of messages saying, "BugOptions - failed writing INI file 'C:\program files (x84)\2kgames\....\final frontier plus\usersettings\autolog.ini"

When I use the BugMod options window to change things the specific .ini file name will change but it continues to scroll indefinitely. I've seen FFP.ini, autolog.ini, and reminder.ini. When I get a normal game message for things like a goodie hut I get the normal message for a quick moment before it's overtaken by this string of repetitive error messages. It blocks the whole screen. Please help.

Thanks.

Windows versions after XP do not like people changing files under the program files folder. The feature is called "UAC" (User Account Control) if you want to look it up (there are a bunch of threads here on CFC where this shows up). You can fix this problem by either running Civ as Administrator (an account that is a member of the Administrators group is apparently not good enough, it must be run as the actual Administrator account) or changing the protection of the mod's folder and everything in it to specifically grant the username you are using full access to all folders and files in it (and, if you are not already, taking ownership of all the folders and files in the mod couldn't hurt). There are also other ways to fix it, like turning UAC off.

In the future, to avoid issues like this, you might want to install games and such into some other folder created specifically for them. Like "C:\Games", perhaps. (This is another way to fix this problem: uninstall and then reinstall Civ4+BtS+FFP into a different location like this.)

By the way, FFP has its own forum. This thread is for regular FF.

Whilst this isn't technically a problem with FF I would class it as an issue that relates to the FF Mod and a statement made by Jon Shafer which is as follows.
Jon Shafer: You can import Civ 4 maps into the world builder and convert them into Civ 5 maps, including all the units and cities and stuff on it — the conversion process will just do that for you automatically. We’re hoping that the first week Civ 5 is out, people will use that function and port all of the Civ 4 stuff over to Civ 5, so everything will be out there already.

The quote is from this Civ V article.

However, there was an amendment to this article at the bottom which said
UPDATE: I reached out to 2K Games before going to print, and they've now clarified that "you can import Civ 4 maps into Civ 5 and units and cities within will carry over"; however, "you won’t magically be able to play an old mod" like Fall from Heaven or Planetfall, which the article previously suggested. I've edited the article to reflect this new information.

I'm hoping you can all see where this is leading.

Does Civ V allow for the importation of FF Maps and all of the custom changes that go with it? If not is it possible to create the space/asteroid/star system etc etc to do a FF style Mod of Civ V?

I've been trying to play this mod and it always gives me a blank, black screen. If this helps I use Windows 10 and I use steam.

I don't use Windows 10 nor Steam, so I can't give you a solution. However, using the disc based game and Windows 7 the Mod lodes and works fine. So, I suspect the problem is due to the location of things in the Steam version or with Windows 10. Therefore, I think that you would be more likely to get help with this problem by asking in the 'CIV - Technical Support' forum.

I just saw isenchine's post in the Tech thread. Since you are asking about Final Frontier Plus, which I did not realize, you will probably get the best response by asking in that thread. The main modder of that mod has been updating it currently and posting fairly often in the mod thread. The thread is located at:

Civilization Fanatics' Forums/CIVILIZATION IV/Civ4 - Creation & Customization/Civ4 - Project & Mod Development/Civ4 - Final Frontier Plus

Top Bottom