Fall from Heaven... fall from greatness?

Well lot's of people don't have the time to download 300MB.

"I cannot live without books"

Unless they're still on dial up I don't understand how time is an issue. Just set it off and go out and do something else. No ones asking them to watch the progress bar.

Unless they're still on dial up I don't understand how time is an issue. Just set it off and go out and do something else. No ones asking them to watch the progress bar.

lol... Some people do not have a life... They could always start it D/L before you go to bed, or maybe they are D/L other things like XXX... :lol:

FFH2 is well worth the download.

i was wondering if some one could tell me the plot from age of ice scenario since im a fan of the fall from heaven mod but hve not yet got bts

I think the gist of it is: Bhall fell (can't remember why) so Mulcarn, the god he was 'balancing' so to speak, became more powerful, ushering in an 'Age of Ice'. The nature god whose name I can't remember tried to beat him but was killed. Then another god told Kylorin, an archmage, to go get the Godslayer (a big ol' sword which can be used because Mulcarn broke the 'agreement'; it's broken into three pieces around the map) and kill Mulcarn with it. Kylorin's leading the Amurites to try and do that, and Mulcarn's civ (again, can't remember the name) and the Doviello are trying to stop him doing that.

Heh. Can anyone tell I'm not a FfH player? :crazyeye:

I would be interested in hearing opinions especially of people who never played FfH before. Did this make you more or less interested?

I love the AOI scenario. I have had only very minimal experience with the FFH2 mod, and this scenario has definitely made me more interested in the mod (or at least a bts version of it!). I find the AoI scenario to be very challenging as well, which is keeping me interested. I haven't been able to beat it yet!

I would be interested in hearing opinions especially of people who never played FfH before. Did this make you more or less interested?

Maputo, Mozambique, Tuesday 25 Sep, it is Holiday here and the weather is not nice enough for going to the beach...
I decided then to try a scenario and loaded "Ice Age".
I was defeated after 100 turns, roamming around and being amazed by the diffrent feeling I totally forgot that I had opponents!!!
I never heard before of "ffh" and do not know what it is, where to find it and what it does. At 49, you tend to try less things than when you are 19 or 29...
I am a role playing player (Ah!! the Elder Scrolls ... Baldur's gates... ), and my great pleasure was to find the feelings I had when playing also Warlord Battlecry (1, 2...), or Heroes of Might and Magic...
Having a hero coming (I still do not know what is the impact of choosing a hero and the real impact), reading the story, meeting the animals (hate the spider), having a ghost captain standing on his bridge, , crossing the path of blizzards, trying to decypher a totally unknown science tree, etc, again, I was so interrested in discovering that I actually forgot that my AI opponents were not just stats in the right corner.

It is really an amazing job.

Nikis-Knight, I can tell you that if it looks like an appetizer for some hard-core players, i.e. they want the real things and I red many unsure comments vs the "full" ffh (?), for an average French man it is like a foreplay in a love scene, i.e. very very promising.
I did not know about "fallen from Heaven". This "Ice Age" is definitely introducing VERY well what a "full" mod could do, and I say: chapeau bas monsieur.
:goodjob:

I forgot and edit my post:
Missing in the scenario a clear reference to your mod!!! If you do not come to a forum and search specifically about this scenario, you will NEVER know that it is only the top of an iceberg!!!
You should have added in the introduction text when opening the Age of Ice scenario, a clear link to http://kael.civfanatics.net/ !!!

Glad to hear. (I loved Baldur's gate. Warlords Battlecry is quite underrated, too, imo.)
Well, there is a link to the webpage in the title screen of the mod... but it's such a pretty sceen, people are excused for not seeing it. I'll assume you've found the appropriate threads since.

I had never tried the Fall from Heaven mod before BTS. I started to become a little bored with Civ, and when I do, scenarios and mods are what I play with until I am ready to go back to the regular game. Most recently, Age of Ice was what I chose to try out to alleviate my boredom with the game.

I haven't played the regular game since then. Age of Ice introduced me to Fall from Heaven. I play both the BTS conversion when I want a single player experience, and the Civ Vanilaa version for multi-player until it's available for BTS. It's like having an entirely new game except I already know the basic rules!

I would say that Age of Ice did exactly what it was supposed to do, and introduced me to the Fall from Heaven mod, and a very small portion of what it has to offer. It was the signpost that led me to an amazing mod. Anyone who expected much more from that probably set themselves up for disappointment, but that has more to do with personal issues than with the scenario itself.

All in all, the Age of Ice scenario and the full Fall from Heaven mod are fantastic pieces of work and I congratulate the FfH team for doing an excellent job!

We're definatly interested in people's opinions--not least because we have several more scenarios planned, albeit ones using the full FfH 2 rules.
We tried to be upfront about what we were making, although that wasn't easy between some misleading previews and NDA.

The goals here were fun, accessiblity, and polish. A direct port of FfH 1 or 2 wasn't feasible , and some depth and certainly replayability was sacrificed.
However, we (designers & testers) all enjoyed it. I think many players will as well, at least once or twice, though not as much as the full FfH 2 mod.

i had never herd of fall from heaven untill i got the BtS expansion for civ4. I played reg civ for awhile and then started to play the sceniros. i like final frontier and the age of ice ones and got on this site to check out what people where saying and then i found the mother load. love the fall from heaven mod probably one of my fav games out there. just wanted to tell you guys that you did a great job nad to keep up the good work.

Top Bottom