ROTQM10: Raging Over the Quarreling Mountains

pholkhero -up
ozbenno on deck
LKendter
rolo -
pigswill -
mystyfly - just played

great set! :goodjob:

i wonder, tho...i know pigs/iron is a nice city, but perhaps we should forgo that iron as we have some closer to home and settle for the pigs/rice to cottage the heck out of it??

i've got it, btw...thinking i'll continue mysty's work, maybe settle another city once our workers are working a bit more. but let's figure out about the pigs site.

also:
on another note, i unexpectedly got a job interview wed, and started on thurs. the sucky thing is i'm away from my computer and won't have internet mon-thur as i'm forced to stay with my aunt for now. the question is, do i invest in a smartphone so i can stay close to the boards??

in any case, i'm going to try to find some wireless cafes nearby or a neighbor that i can ride on for free just to stay in touch, but there may be some times in the near-future i'll swaps, but i'll give you guys notice. i'm teachign middle school in west philly so i need to make sure i get my guns cleaned and oiled. ;)

Not much happened during the set. Monarchy came in, and i have moscow buidling archers and growing for now. (actually, it's buidling a chariot now to help act as a screen for our SW).

we also fielded a couple small invasion stackettes. this one here by the mongol.

and these chariot/spear pairs that were up north.

we lost a couple units down south in the attack, but I cleaned up the mess. I had our workers putting in cottages and didn't settle that last city yet to keep our finances okay for now. we're still only at +12 at 0% so maybe wait to settle...

i think CoL for courthouses or currency next for our economy is in order. here's another small stack in our north that the next player will need to contend with.

And, we've hit 1 million people and are looking dang good:

oh, and we've got horses and iron hooked up too, now.

Rooster:
pholkhero >> just played
ozbenno >> UP NOW
LKendter >> on deck
rolo
pigswill
mystyfly

and de save

Attachments

• ROTQM10 AD-0100.CivBeyondSwordSave
    189 KB · Views: 75
XPost - never mind

Have had a look.

The economy ain't great so have to try and rebuild (break even at 10%). I think whipping libraries and employing scientists (our only city with a library has none) to get Currency researched and then CoL for whipped courthouses should stabilise and then we can think about attacking.

Will probably play tomorrow if any thoughts

Currency is nice to build wealth to subsidise research, I'm not convinced that CoL/courthouses is necessary at the moment if we're not intending to expand much further, better to go construction then HbR to start hurting the AI before they get too comfortable, maybe CoL after that.

also, i took off the scientists to get more commerce going as we were losing 4 gpt towards the middle of my set.

sounds good otherwise... :goodjob:

I'm seeing some misdemeanours in MM ( basically working forests in some cities with better tiles to run ), but otherwise this is quite OK ( Wait, I'm saying 2 times in the same week that pholk played well ? I really have to go to the doctor :p )

We definitely need to get some sci specs running soon. i think we have a very defensible position now, and IMHO we should definitely improve our lands before getting more cities and a bigger army.

That said, I do wholeheartly aprove teching currency :p

P.S We need more workers ;)

pholkhero
ozbenno
LKendter - got it.
rolo - on deck
pigswill -
mystyfly -

Hey, I've been hit by the flu AND I leave tomorrow on holidays for 11 days. Won't get to this sorry.

booo....

*achoo*

feel better, and thanks for jumping on this so fast Lee...silly ozzie, thinks he's me... ;)

100 AD
I hire 2 scientist in Moscow.

I am guessing The Pyramids is due to nothing better to build.

Thracian feels the whip for its granary.

I decide to build the northern pig / iron site. We need more unit support. We also need to get troops inside our borders.
(IT) Khan commits suicide vs. Thracian.

130 AD
(IT) Portugal commits suicide in St. Pete losing 6 units killing nothing.

145 AD
We have another GG. I am sending him toward St. Pete. Not sure if healer or MI is better, but both are needed there.

190 AD
We now have a medic III chariot.

I have no idea how a barb archer showed up between Moscow and Yekan. The only fog tile I see should have been seen earlier.
(IT) The barb archer dies against our chariot.
We get a bunch of failure cash from Pyramids.

205 AD
Our pillaging stack begins to hit Portugal. Only a road this time, but any damage helps.

250 AD
Our new scientist has arrived. He researched alphabet for us. We now have 2 cities "building" research.

330 AD
(IT) Ragnar killed the axe on top of the pillaging stack.

340 AD
We kill the offending axe with a chariot, and continue to pillage Nidaros.

Summary:
Joao is sending another stack toward St. Pete, but it is lame with mostly spears.

Currency is complete, and construction in 8 turns. Between the extra trade routes, and 2 cities building wealth we have an ok research rate.

We have a spy built to try and get a better lay of the land. Send him a different direction then the pillage stack.

Looks good. One minor quibble: Yakutsk is probably better building a monument instead of library coz with that many grassy hills it looks like a major production centre.

Ok, I given a look to the save ( only very late at night since the site yesterday was quite unstable ... so no play so far :/ )

I think we need to get some extra defenses in our border cities, especially the ones closer of Portugal and Mongolia. We can be in serious problems if a enemy stack decides to to bypass St pete to south or to east. So I'll make some walls and add some stock defenders in those cities ... better safe than sorry, I guess.

Techwise, I think we should go construction ( to be honest I would had taken something else for now since cats can't defend very well ... ) -> Sailing->Calendar ( to Improve the resources we have )-> ? ( maybe trail to LBs ? CoL ? MC ? )

Our pillaging stack is pretty much doomed without a melee cover. I'm divided between trying to bring it home or to pillage until the inevitable end...

Our pillaging stack is pretty much doomed without a melee cover. I'm divided between trying to bring it home or to pillage until the inevitable end...

Pillage to the end. We've got to start doing damage to the AIs before they get to strong. I already shredded one road between cities, copper mine, and corn farms with it. They will die, but the more damage we can do, the better.

Top Bottom