So I forward settled my first expansion on Shaka today...

Stellarnight, now youknow why Zulu are on the list of Civs to kill first. =) I figured it out when my army of camel archers started getting 1 shot by impi's. I eventually won, but his Impi were insane.

Shaka keeps things lively, that's for sure. I had a game as Poland where a damn impi horde stretched my army of muskets, xbows, and winged hussars to the their limits. Fortunatley, I had mountains and hills stalling their advance, or else I doubt I would have triumphed.

How i use Impy ranged atack of many impys before meelee atack like AI does?

The fact that AI can do that is a bug, so you can't do it. You would have to tell all the Impi to attack simultaneously for it to work, and no human is fast enough.

You should have waited till you had 3 archers and a warrior/spearman before doing that. Then you could have a constant stream of units to level your archers on.

I DID have 3 archers and 2 warriors, he just steamrolled right over them. You're seeing what's left, and believe me, he had even more units in the fog. Shaka's Ikanda promotions give him faster move speed and defense against range attacks, and on Immortal, the AI gets 2 free upgrades for every unit they build, so combine that with his Ikandas, and he had level 3 uniques on every melee unit. Even having a hill between our units didn't stop him, he could climb the hill and attack the units on the other side on the same turn.

Normal tactics don't work against Shaka. I've even had gunpowder units versus his medieval army when he went to war with me, and he steamrolled those too.

I DID have 3 archers and 2 warriors, he just steamrolled right over them. You're seeing what's left, and believe me, he had even more units in the fog. Shaka's Ikanda promotions give him faster move speed and defense against range attacks, and on Immortal, the AI gets 2 free upgrades for every unit they build, so combine that with his Ikandas, and he had level 3 uniques on every melee unit. Even having a hill between our units didn't stop him, he could climb the hill and attack the units on the other side on the same turn.

Normal tactics don't work against Shaka. I've even had gunpowder units versus his medieval army when he went to war with me, and he steamrolled those too.

Doesn't his Impi get like +25% damage to gunpowder units :D?

I always like to delude myself when Shaka is in the game. I somehow convinced myself that Shaka was just an evil folktale told to scare children and is for all purpose, a paper tiger. I once played Morocco and there was the nice old gentleman Enrico Dandolo in the far West and the not as nice but still cool, Askia in the West too but closer to me. I forward settled to snag a nice position between two CS and near one of Askia Frontier cities. There was jungles,rivers and hills. Perfectly defensible right? I started a small skirmish with Askia that raged for a thousand years.

One day, Enrico sent me a message that a dark horde has assembled in the far west, made up of screaming men whose six-pacs shone like gleaming spears in the sun and whose real spears were equally awe-inspiring. I ignored the messenger as there was a war to fight with the city-burning heathen that is Askia. Venice soon ceased to be, enveloped by a fog of darkness and of chants, terrible war chants that echo deep and powerful from the West. One by one, they came, raining down spears on the cities of the Songhai and I thought i was ready to repel them when they come. My gatling guns stood proud and ready and my muskets top of the line. Surely, you do not bring a spear to a gun fight.

I was wrong...so wrong! I rage-quitted. Bloody Impis. At least i died to the most glorious war-theme in the game.

I dunno, but gatling guns should beat Impis... :confused: the fact is Impis are not THAT scary if you have mass gatling guns (don't bother with the musketmen/riflemen) they are not that super tough on defense.

Top Bottom