New NESes, ideas, development, etc

Someone should make an erfworld NES- lots of the harder work is already done in the Erfworld wiki.

Would anyone be interested in a Napoleonic-era NES? I've been thinking of starting something of the sort soon, but I want to know if anyone is interested first.

I had this idea about making a Worldwar-type NES (for those who don't know, Worldwar is a series of books written by Harry S. Turtledove in which a race of lizard-like aliens come to Earth in the middle of WWII with the purpose of conquering it and adding it to their star-spanning empire), in which the world is divided in several warring nations and suddenly a very advanced alien species drops in the world in small numbers in order to capitalize on the state of war. Natives would have the advantage of numbers and the aliens would have the advantage of technology, but as time passes the natives would be able to learn the technology and more reinforcements would come from space for the aliens.

What do you think?

I had this idea about making a Worldwar-type NES (for those who don't know, Worldwar is a series of books written by Harry S. Turtledove in which a race of lizard-like aliens come to Earth in the middle of WWII with the purpose of conquering it and adding it to their star-spanning empire), in which the world is divided in several warring nations and suddenly a very advanced alien species drops in the world in small numbers in order to capitalize on the state of war. Natives would have the advantage of numbers and the aliens would have the advantage of technology, but as time passes the natives would be able to learn the technology and more reinforcements would come from space for the aliens.

What do you think?

I've heard of the sereries and its sounds like a good idea.

What do you think?

It's interesting. I maintain that if aliens wanted to conquer the planet they'd just bombard it from orbit :p but it sounds like a nice idea. If Back to Our Roots doesn't see a continuation, count me in.

It's interesting. I maintain that if aliens wanted to conquer the planet they'd just bombard it from orbit :p but it sounds like a nice idea. If Back to Our Roots doesn't see a continuation, count me in.

Well, the aliens in Worldwar had sent a probe 800 years before the story starts and, based on what they caught, they thought that we were still on the Medieval period, because they (and the two other species they conquered before) were veeeeerryyyy slow at technological advance, and thus they thought humans (whom they call Tosevites after their name for the Sun) would be the same. Twas' quite a huge surprise for them to see that humans were already at the industrial phase, doing in 800 years what they had done in more than 10,000 years...

EDIT: My idea would be that players could choose either one of the Aliens' factions or one of the Natives' nations, and that both would be there from the start. It would take time to actually be able to develop the nations and all of that... I have a couple of maps, as well, but nothing else that I know about. Any ideas?

Generally, how many lines are too many in a stat template? I've been messing with an idea, but I can't seem to get the template within normal conventional size. Are large stat templates frowned upon as a player, even if close to half are static? (ie resources)

I would think that if you're talking about a nation template, only the basic information would be necessary. If you mean a description of the game, I have no idea. It was my impression that was entirely up to the mod.

I am looking for all the political junkies out there, perferably those with strong opinion because I am working on a political simulation game where players are trying to run the government of a nation that echoes the United States. Players are no longer nations, but politicans vying for the throne. So is anyone interested?

I am looking for all the political junkies out there, perferably those with strong opinion because I am working on a political simulation game where players are trying to run the government of a nation that echoes the United States. Players are no longer nations, but politicans vying for the throne. So is anyone interested?

There have been several NESes like that. If you look back and check their ruleset, it can help you out.

Has anyone here played any of the Fallout games? I've been looking to seeing what could be done with them as it comes to NES.

Well, you could go with the whole players being fledgling nations in a post-apocalyptic world. Have such things as finding water resources, not-too-irradiated land, raiders to deal with, militants to deal with, etc. etc.

Also you could allow for the players to take on races like Ghouls (those horribly irradiated and turned into zombie-types, if you follow Fallout's SCIENCE! rather than real science) or humans. Will they be a more peaceful type or more militant, etc. etc.

Well, you could go with the whole players being fledgling nations in a post-apocalyptic world. Have such things as finding water resources, not-too-irradiated land, raiders to deal with, militants to deal with, etc. etc.

Also you could allow for the players to take on races like Ghouls (those horribly irradiated and turned into zombie-types, if you follow Fallout's SCIENCE! rather than real science) or humans. Will they be a more peaceful type or more militant, etc. etc.

Well, I'm debating whether to put people in charge of say the Brotherhood of Steel or the New California Republic, and other such organizations in a modern NES, or allowing people to create their own apocalypse classic story-based style, starting out at the time-period of the first Fallout game.

If people are interested, I'd love to hear which one they would prefer. Classic-style is certainly a lot less work :p

I'd say let people create their own factions- much less opportunity for nerd rage and pointless fanboy arguments for how the factions should act.

What do you mean by classic-style, exactly?

Top Bottom