FireTuner...details...

CanuckSoldier

Emperor
Does any modder here know how to use Firetuner and what it can do for us? I can't seem to find any references to it at all, even Kael's guide doesn't talk about it at all.

CS

Does any modder here know how to use Firetuner and what it can do for us? I can't seem to find any references to it at all, even Kael's guide doesn't talk about it at all.

CS

I have the same question. It seems to be a powerful tool that would be able to help us test the effects of mods in real time, but I can't find any resources that could help me figure out how to use it.

Open Civ5, start a map, then start fire tuner. If you have two monitors, you can simply place the fire tuner window in the free window and gain access to its tabs for plopping units, resources, improvements, experience, etc. You can also tell it to 'autoturn' (i.e. play all the civs for you) for a set # of turns, thus freeing you up to test your mod without 'testing' (i.e. playing) your mod for hours on end.

If you don't have a second monitor, you can either put the game in windowed mode or simply alt-tab back and forth.

Me? I alt-tab– its not so bad.

The Luaconsole on the first tab lets you mess with the front end of the game's data (diplomacy, units, GNP, etc.) and is the most useful part on an informational level. There are multiple mods that take advantage of the Luaconsole- see this one:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=392206&highlight=tuner

Its pretty simple- just play around with it for awhile.

The key is to have the game running - it won't do anything unless the .exe is booted and in a game.

G

Yep, trainer is practically obsolete except for trying to pick up easy Steam accomplishments.
Edit config.ini and set EnableTuner to 1. Download and run the fire tuner (found in steam tools in your Library tab). Once Firetuner connects and you are in a game go to fire tuner to add units, technologies, gold, policy points, strategic resources, etc.

I found this post on the forums found here:

http://www.cheathappens.com/show_board2.asp?headID=100620&titleID=16626&onPage=2

Hope that helps a little. I gather it's an in-game tweaking/editing tool.

Top Bottom