Liberation Mechanics

GiantLittleDog

Warlord
Is there an in-depth explanation of how exactly liberated civs behave? Like what techs do they get etc.?

Not that I know of, but from experience the liberated civs appear to pick up right where they were when extinguished.

Yes, they are often technologically backwards, depending on how long they have been out of the game. Spying can help them catch up.

One interesting quirk I have noticed is that Initiation Rites still trigger while a civilization is eliminated. So if a civ founded a religion with Initiation Rites and it spread after the civ died, when it returns to life it has the 100 gold per city that accrued while it was dead! :crazyeye:

I honestly think they should be at the same tech level as the civ that previously occupied them. This would make the most sense. It makes no sense to liberate a civ that was destroyed in the ancient era during the modern era, only to have them back at ancient tech.

I find them to be almost always doomed, and sometimes are real ungrateful brats. I liberate CS but I almost never do capitals anymore.

I find them to be almost always doomed, and sometimes are real ungrateful brats. I liberate CS but I almost never do capitals anymore.

The mechanic made a tonne of sense in older Civilizations because if you alliances gave you automatic diplomacy votes. But in this world everyone votes I.

The mechanic made a tonne of sense in older Civilizations because if you alliances gave you automatic diplomacy votes. But in this world everyone votes I.

Eh. I haven't liberated a civ yet in BNW but in vanilla and Gods and Kings the liberated civ will give you a vote. I imagine in BNW they'd still give you their base 2 delegates. :|

Eh. I haven't liberated a civ yet in BNW but in vanilla and Gods and Kings the liberated civ will give you a vote. I imagine in BNW they'd still give you their base 2 delegates. :|

In BNW, I have found that civs that you restored to life, will always vote for you in World Congress Host and U.N. votes.

Top Bottom