BULL mod

Just started palying again after 6 months off and would like to give BULL 1.3 a try. Would someone please provide me with a hyper-link to BULL 1.3 and some installation instructions :)
Check the very first post here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=274636

Follow the BULL link for the DLL. It has all of the instructions in a readme file. The two items that TheLadiesOgre pointed out are a little more than standard BULL, but are good mods in their own right.

I can't get Bull mod to run on Win 8.
As the path is "C:\Documents and Settings
<your user name>
My Documents
My Games
Beyond the Sword
CustomAssets"
However in win 8 the Documents and Settings folder is renamed users. It there a way to modify the path?

I can't get Bull mod to run on Win 8.
As the path is "C:\Documents and Settings
<your user name>
My Documents
My Games
Beyond the Sword
CustomAssets"
However in win 8 the Documents and Settings folder is renamed users. It there a way to modify the path?

It doesn't matter (I don't think) what your user folder is called, just put the files into Custom Assets, and make sure that you put the dll file into the main BTS\Assets folder, renaming the original first. That's where I put mine and it works just fine.

I play Civ on 2 PC's. One is running with win 7 one with win 8.
On win 7 there are no problems but on win 8 I can't get the game running when I update the dll file.

Hi,

I would like to use the Better BAT AI for a pitboss game. I´ve already read, that in multiplayer games several options have to be the same on all computers (sentry healing and prechop).

I´ve also found a file called "Bull Actions" in the config-folder, where you can define the defaults.

Unfortunatly it seems like chopping is causing OOS-errors although every player has turned of the option and we have changed the default from "true" to "false" hoping that this will be the option für the pitboss-server.

Have we anything missed?
Is there any other place to define the options for the pitboss-server than the file "Bull Actions"?
When do you have to decide which options has to be turned on? Is it possible to change the settings within the game when you save it before and reload it afterwards?

It seems that the number of OOS is much lower, when all players are logged in. Most of the OOS occur, when only one player is logged in and ends the turn.

Sorry Alrik, but BAT and Better BAT AI are not MP compatible. That's why you're getting the OOS errors. We don't know why it happens and can't fix it.

Again, sorry. :(

Damn. Do you now what kind of problems occur and couldn´t be solved?

We had a strange situation. We had a Testgame with 4 players and as long as we were all logged in (about 130 rounds in a fast game up to 1400 AD) we had not one OOS. The first round with only one player logged in at end of turn, we had an OOS.

My logs show, that the problems on all our OOS seem to be one worker unit (not the same on different OOS) beeing on a different spot. I will try to change the logs to see what the units are building. If you are interested I can post the logs.

That´s why I thought the problem has to do with the bull actions. Beside that, we had no OOS issues so far.

Thank you for your answer and help.

EDIT: I also have several python exceptions of the pitboss server which mostly occur every round if this would be interesting too.

Damn. Do you now what kind of problems occur and couldn´t be solved?
You would have to ask EmperorFool that question. I don't know the answer to that one. Sorry.

Lemon, would you have any idea why I'm getting this error on the loading of Bull.

Spoiler :

as opposed to this, when I've done exactly the same re-installation, and updated my signature installation as well, correctly.

Spoiler :

Specifically, the TXT_KEY_MOD_AIAUTOPLAY

I did install K-Mod, to check installation, it worked, without bull installed. I installed bull, and then it wouldn't, as they have incompatiable CivIVOriginal.dll's. I removed the K-Mod, and re-installed the Bull CivIVOriginal.dll. Bull loads fine apart from that error, same version, same BTS, just that missing??

Thanks, and Oh yeah, Bat 4.1, still say's 4.0 in the initial log in blurb in the top right, love the Bat Mod screen pop up...love it.

Lemon, would you have any idea why I'm getting this error on the loading of Bull.

It looks like you are missing a text file. Look in your Custom Assets\xml\text\ folder for BULL_CIV4GameText.XML. It has the relevant text key in it. The file might be missing. Are there any other broken text keys, like when you hover over something?

as opposed to this, when I've done exactly the same re-installation, and updated my signature installation as well, correctly.
Not sure why it works this time...

Thanks, and Oh yeah, Bat 4.1, still say's 4.0 in the initial log in blurb in the top right, love the Bat Mod screen pop up...love it.
Thanks, and ooops! I noticed it after release. I may just patch it when I make a "fix-it" for a couple of other errors. :blush:

Thanks for the reply, its there, it was

TXT_KEY_MOD_AIAUTOPLAY not AI_KEY_MOD_AIAUTOPLAY, as I had before.

The links there.

Not to worry, its probably something I've done, I'm hooked on Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn at moment anyway. That uses Bull 1.3 and 1.2 and 1.3 aren't mutually compatible.

Is there any plans to release 1.3 into the wild, as your developing 1.4 for bat now??

P.S. If anyone has compatibility problems with Bull releases, just rename the Civ4Coregame.dll back from .Original but name Bulls .Bull 1st to stop name duplication.

Is there any plans to release 1.3 into the wild, as your developing 1.4 for bat now??
AFAIK, 1.3 is ready, but not released yet for some reason, and that would depend on EF and ruff. I just made 1.4 because there were so many changes to it in BAT that I needed to differentiate it from 1.3. I should really name the BAT DLL something other than BULL...

Anyway, I'm having MAJOR PROBLEMS installing Bull 1.2.

As far as I can see, everything is installed in correct directories.

Assets folder being copies into for the CvGameCoreDLL.dll file only, renamed the original.

Spoiler :

The Custom Assets file, that the contents of Assets in Bull was copied into.

Spoiler :

The Assets file being copied from, which is part of Bull 1.2

Spoiler :

Lastly, a shot of how it should work.

Spoiler :

How is it working, well, its not, I have Python exceptions enabled, and it spits out, can't find GlobaldefinesAlt.py and many others, so the Custom assets is wrong, but how I don't see??

Its the only one I can find, its in the correct path. Note that Home=C:\Documents and settings\My documents

I'm using a 64 bit operating system, as opposed to a 32 bit I had previously.

If anything you can see that I'm just missing, say, but its no biggie if you can't. I really just wanted to get it correct for my signiture method of installing Ubuntu, but it wont' work for Bull ONLY. Bug, Bat, Mods all work FINE. SO FINE..

Thanks in advance, I know it's not your area, but??

I don't know why you're getting Python errors. Bull is all SDK and XML. There is no Python to add. GlobalDefinesAlt is an XML file and it goes under the XML folder in CustomAssets.

When you copied the folders over, it didn't overwrite the existing folders, right? It should have merged the folders. None of the files from BULL overwrite anything, but the folders may have been replaced and the original ones destroyed? I don't know how Ubuntu works in that respect, but Windows gives you the option to merge the folders as you copy them over.

That's all I can think of. Sorry. :(

Its not the Bull installation, that's working fine.

Its the Bug installation that's bugged some how.

Previously, under Ubuntu 10.04, 32 Bit, it would install as a single player no problem. Bull after, all fine. BUT...Hmm big...err

Now I've upgraded to 12.04 Ubuntu - 64 Bit

Now Bug installation seems to be bugged.

Single player, seems to install properly, but come up with TXT_KEY_Agricultue is missing for the ancient era. Haven't gone any further.

Try to load a saved game and it keeps crashing.

Python Debug give the culprit.

Spoiler :
11:45:44 DEBUG: AbstractOption - setting Autolog__LoggingOn to False
11:45:44 DEBUG: BugOptions - setting Autolog__LoggingOn to False
11:45:44 DEBUG: BugOptions - option Autolog.Autolog__LoggingOn changed from False to False
11:45:44 DEBUG: BugTable - Reminders not found in root
11:45:44 DEBUG: BugTable - Reminders not found in root
11:45:44 DEBUG: FavoriteCivicDetector.initHelpers() gDetectionNecessary: False
11:45:44 DEBUG: EventSignsEventHandler.onLoadGame()
11:45:44 DEBUG: EventSigns.initOptions() initializing. g_bShowSigns is True.
11:45:44 DEBUG: BugTable - EventSigns not found in root
11:45:44 DEBUG: EventSigns has no saved data. Initializing new data.
11:45:44 DEBUG: EventSigns.initData() initializing gSavedSigns
11:45:44 DEBUG: BugTable - StrategyOverlay not found in root

I've tried both the Single player and AltRoot installation. Changed the Alt Root path to match my Civ 4.ini path, and placed it in various folders, both My games/Beyond the sword.

and C:/users/(user name)/Program files/Firaxis Games/Civ 4/Bts Copy here and one in ..../Assets/Python (all abbreviated) Paths are correct.

I've used CivAltRt.py file before successfully to load a mod under Linux, so I understand how it works, but I can't get it to recognise my Bug path way.

How can I have root path wrong.

I've tried the following paths

rootDir = "C:/Program Files/Firaxis Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 4/Beyond the Sword"

rootDir = "C:/Users/brian/My Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword"

2nd one works with Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn.

I don't want to load bug as a mod, I want it installed all the time.

I've used Rise of Mankind..etc...with bug installed as single player, not a problem, Bull, Bat, Buffy all installed not a problem. Mods CivAltRt.py used not a problem under 10.04 32 Bit

I've copied this file about to the Civ IV.ini directory, the assets/python directory, I'm out of ideas..any help??

64 bit Runs great, but problems with bug installation.

*Edit* All fixed now, I have to install on Drive H or a virtual drive for wine, under 64 Bit. It would seem that the version of wine has installed a virtual drive for your games and you need to reference the links to that. I've linked H:/My Games/Beyond the Sword. and it now works fine, no errors.

It may have been that way ever since I installed 64 bit, but because I play modded civ mainly, I've never noticed before.

Thanks for your effort, all solved fine.

Top Bottom