Your favourite Civs and why?

Egypt : wonder, happiness, chariot archers. Even on high level, turns saved from a wonder building is as many chariot archers.

On low level UA is awesome and if you have marble, always a wonderful start. You can crush AI with chariots, even on highlands maps. Happiness from temple save you some gold (no need of coliseum) or allow you to settle a city without a lux in range as you build two temples in previous cities found.

Poland
Many different ways to gain an advantage, and if you time your free policies they can lead to big rewards.

I have to say that I love Germany. Panzers are really strong, you can use their early UA to build an army on the cheap while fulfilling city state quests, and once you have the 3 or 4 CS around you liking you, get production bonuses from trading with them via UB.

On top of everything else, the maintenance costs mean your army can be that bit bigger!

Plus I won my first Deity victory with them, so they're kinda special for me :)

Shoshone is by far my most favorite civ for reasons already mentioned in this thread.

Other than that i also like Babylon, the Maya and Arabia(lots of money from trading/trade routes and a very good UU).

Moderator Action: This isn't really an S&T thread. Moved to General Discussions.

Top Bottom