full PLE mod for BUG

New Green GG indicator looks crap. We need a graphic guy (hint hint) to redo the dot move injured etc indicators as stars and then replace the dot with those stars if the unit is a GG.

New Green GG indicator looks crap. We need a graphic guy (hint hint) to redo the dot move injured etc indicators as stars and then replace the dot with those stars if the unit is a GG.
I've done it for the custom colours added by PLE, I just need to do it for the default ones.
·Imhotep·;6991711 said:
Clearly number #4. If only I could play better to match the BUG Mod in it's ever increasing perfection... ;) :D It's sad to get steamrolled by Boobica of the Celts :D with a 50 Cavalry stack...
Who the hell is Boobica? :lol:

The first set of PLE changes have been finalized and are in SVN. Check out the New Features and Fixes thread for the details.

Post comments about them to this thread only please.

With the new look PLE is even better, great work indeed! :goodjob::goodjob:

Only a couple of things:
1) in Standard Mode, the group type should appear in the hover text (something like "Standard Mode (grouped by Unit Type)" and "Standard Mode (grouped by Selection group)" , while now the 2 hover texts for the two option are the same). The same happens with the first button on the left. I've seen (and translated) the text for the single states, so I think that they should appear somewhere, but or I don't find them, or they don't show.
2) some other unit-related text appear in the left pannel on the back of our hover text if the user keep the left button pressed over a button (all of them) for more than a second: can it be removed?
3) while all the hover text pannels resize properly, the white foot one doesn't: it gets a vertical scrolling bar (you ca't realize this with the short English text)

Anyway, this mod is great :)

1) in Standard Mode, the group type should appear in the hover text (something like "Standard Mode (grouped by Unit Type)" and "Standard Mode (grouped by Selection group)" , while now the 2 hover texts for the two option are the same).

That's a good suggestion. I'd like to clean up some of that text as well, as the same text is included in many tags whereas it should be built from unique pieces. As we get closer to the release date, I'm finding more things to fix than crossing off my list.

2) some other unit-related text appear in the left pannel on the back of our hover text if the user keep the left button pressed over a button (all of them) for more than a second: can it be removed?

Unfortunately, that's Civ showing the hover text for the plot which your mouse is over. It doesn't seem to send an event for when the mouse button is pressed (for me to hide the hover) -- only after it is released.

3) while all the hover text panels resize properly, the white foot one doesn't: it gets a vertical scrolling bar (you ca't realize this with the short English text)

Darn. I saw this on one of the English ones and shortened it. This doesn't happen with the unit info hover, so maybe I just need to set the font smaller.

Thanks for the feedback. :goodjob:

Unfortunately, that's Civ showing the hover text for the plot which your mouse is over. It doesn't seem to send an event for when the mouse button is pressed (for me to hide the hover) -- only after it is released.

Get it. I never realized that those info were shown even when the cursor was on the blue bottom bar.
What about making the hover pannel a bit less transparent, so that it can hide a bit better the back text when it appears? Not so important, anyway.

I figure that once you start to actually click the button, you're past the point of reading the hover text. You either know what you're doing, or you don't care. ;)

In all seriousness, I could do that, but it would then look different from the game. I'd prefer to find a way to make our hover disappear when the mouse gets pressed but not released. I'll keep looking . . .

I've committed a fix for the scrollbar. I simply shrunk the text size to that used for the unit info hover and the built-in help text for other icons.

I figure that once you start to actually click the button, you're past the point of reading the hover text. You either know what you're doing, or you don't care. ;)

In all seriousness, I could do that, but it would then look different from the game. I'd prefer to find a way to make our hover disappear when the mouse gets pressed but not released. I'll keep looking . . .

I've committed a fix for the scrollbar. I simply shrunk the text size to that used for the unit info hover and the built-in help text for other icons.

Feature request: the upgrade arrow in the buttom left corner can be made green if you have enough money to upgrade and red if you have not? :blush:

The right two switch the whole plot list into completely different operational modes, showing all units that can be promoted or upgraded depending on which button you push along with icons showing how they can be promoted or upgraded. Clicking the icons should do that thing, but it didn't work for me. Also, unless I'm mistaken, all the normal filters lose their effect temporarily.

One option is to remove these two modes entirely and turn them into regular filters. They would each be a single button only, as I don't see the point of "show me all units that cannot be promoted". Same for upgrade.

They works now (and no, the normal filters works even with them). I don't know if you did something, or if simply they didn't work for you because you had not enough money.
Maybe, if it is possible, if you have not enough money we can add a red square around them, or if it is not possible we can add a light blu square around the possible promotion and a yellow square around the possible upgrade, leaving them without square if you have not enough money.

Now that I've re-read your post, I understand the buttons' order, so i deleted my previous post asking for some changes in it.
BTW, the "domain" buttons should be reordered according the Civ4 order (so it acts as a reminder of the order in which the units or groups of units are displayed): sea, air, land

Yes, the promotion and upgrade buttons are working for me, too. It must have been pilot error. :)

BTW, the "domain" buttons should be reordered according the Civ4 order (so it acts as a reminder of the order in which the units or groups of units are displayed): sea, air, land

Hmm, I put them into the order they are in in the build list, and I think people will more likely want to see just land units, thus it's on the left. Anyone else want them ordered as they are in the plot list? I'm open to it.

One thing I just noticed is that PLE doesn't show air or land units that are loaded on ships. I'm thinking of changing this so that both the ship and its matching units will be shown if it has any units that match the filters. The ship would be shown just so you know why the units are shown and that they are indeed on a ship. How does that sound?

Yes, the promotion and upgrade buttons are working for me, too. It must have been pilot error. :)

BTW, the button layout you have made is much more intuitive, and together with the hover text (remember to think about adding the status of the togle buttons) and that huge help file (just translated it) I think that we can greatly reduce the questions about PLE.

Hmm, I put them into the order they are in in the build list, and I think people will more likely want to see just land units, thus it's on the left. Anyone else want them ordered as they are in the plot list? I'm open to it.

Good argomentation, so let them as they are :)

One thing I just noticed is that PLE doesn't show air or land units that are loaded on ships. I'm thinking of changing this so that both the ship and its matching units will be shown if it has any units that match the filters. The ship would be shown just so you know why the units are shown and that they are indeed on a ship. How does that sound?

Are you sure that they are not shown? The readme says they are shown in the same pack.

you haven't got another little snazzy icon that says this unit is on a transport? btw - nice avatar.

Are you sure that they are not shown? The readme says they are shown in the same pack.

I had just noticed it when I posted. I had a fleet with some transports carrying tanks and a carrier full of planes. Clicking air and land cleared the plot list entirely. You may be thinking of the other way around. If a transport passes the filters, all the units it is carrying are displayed.

you haven't got another little snazzy icon that says this unit is on a transport?

I could do that for land units since they'll just be "waiting" on a transport. But planes can be in intercept mode. I could add an icon in a different place, perhaps where the upgrade arrow is now. That's a bit more work but doable for sure. Is it worth it?

btw - nice avatar.

Thanks! That's custom artwork by our resident artist, NikNaks. I've wanted to draw that since I started using the name EmperorFool, but my drawing skills are limited to, well, I'd need to have some drawing skills in the first place for them to be limited to something.

@Cammagno - I forgot to address your idea of coloring the upgrade arrow. Would you mind putting that into the Feature Request tracker? I like that idea, and it shouldn't be too hard.

[chanting in the background, a computer print out on the table, incense hanging in the air and a general feeling of apprehension ...]

:bowdown: Oh great forum manager in the sky, we, the unworthy, ask that you grant us the ability to resurrect this thread that was let die before its time. We know that the PLE additions still need work and we promise to not let this thread die until we have provided the all demanding user the ability to completely remove the ugly PLE unit plot style and return to the beautiful, elegant unit plot style that once was.

Spoiler :

thread resurrection successful!! :band:

I've posted some code in the main interface to revert to the vanilla unit plot instead of PLE. Unfortunately, you completely lose some of the way cool things that BUG added (promo frame, GG indicator, mission indicator) as well as breaking some other silly stuff (hover info).

I will work on this so that the cool stuff is available on the vanilla unit plots and look into why the hover info is broken.

What is the functional difference between these two lines ...

Code:
screen.addSpecificUnitGraphicGFC( "InterfaceUnitModel", CyInterface().getHeadSelectedUnit(), 175, yResolution - 138, 123, 132, WidgetTypes.WIDGET_UNIT_MODEL, CyInterface().getHeadSelectedUnit().getUnitType(), -1,  -20, 30, 1, False )
Code:
screen.addUnitGraphicGFC( "InterfaceUnitModel", CyInterface().getHeadSelectedUnit().getUnitType(), 175, yResolution - 138, 123, 132, WidgetTypes.WIDGET_UNIT_MODEL, CyInterface().getHeadSelectedUnit().getUnitType(), -1,  -20, 30, 1, False )

Do we have a preference for one over the other?

Interesting. The first takes the CyUnit while the other one takes just the Unit Type. My first guess was that the Specific one showed the icon for the actual unit, taking UU into consideration and that the second one showed the generic unit type icon (Maceman for a Samurai), but I have no idea why one takes a different parameter. Both should be able to function in my assumed way using either parameter.

Silly question: have you tried them both and can tell us the difference?

Top Bottom