Reformation beliefs

Knowtalent

Emperor
GOTM Staff
I'm playing in the GOTM my religion has 2 faith buildings. Ethiopia had 2 as well and the reformation belief Jesuit Education. After capturing him I want on a conversion campaign flipping my cities individually and added the extra buildings and universities. I'm not playing the piety tree. Were I to, would the education buildings pick up the SS' bounuses?

You need to fllow Ethiophia's religion to be able to get benefits of his Pantheon, Follower (possibly Enhancer) and some Reformation bonuses.

Jesuit Education is one that you can benefit if your cities are following Eastern Orhtodoxy/whatever religion he picked .

Oh sorry, my bad.

I'm not exactly sure if they would pick up the Sacred Sites.

I guess it's possibility if you purchased the Ethiophia's Religious Science buildings first before re-converting back to a religion with Sacred Site.

The only way to get Jesuit Education benefits and Sacred Sites benefits from those science buildings (since both are Reformation beliefs and you can only have one per religion) is to get the Jesuit Education religion in your cities, buy all of the science buildings that you can afford, and then convert each city to the religion that has Sacred Sites.

Easy to describe, but hard to execute -- both finding the right religions and generating enough faith to do all of that.

It happens that I have access to both religions. Ethiopia was first to pick mosques I managed to get the next two Pagoda and Cathedral. I have been burning through faith on inquisitors and missionaries but as I haven't hit industrial It's been something spend faith on. I will probably buy a couple of more Inqs so I can get public schools in a few cities. Perhaps I will play on afterwords to verify that it will provide the bonuses to the schools.

The only way to get Jesuit Education benefits and Sacred Sites benefits from those science buildings (since both are Reformation beliefs and you can only have one per religion) is to get the Jesuit Education religion in your cities, buy all of the science buildings that you can afford, and then convert each city to the religion that has Sacred Sites.

Easy to describe, but hard to execute -- both finding the right religions and generating enough faith to do all of that.
But sci building, that are bought with faith DO NOT provide tourism under SS religion.

Civilopedia says "All buildings purchased with Faith provide 2 tourism each." If it is just religious buildings, this is yet another Civiliopedia fail.

If civilopedia separate from in game description? because of you read in game when you choice it it sad religious buildings.

Don't know what in-game text you are referring to. When you are prompted to select a reformation belief, the description of Sacred Sites is the same as the Civilopedia entry -- "All buildings"

XML involved for Sacred Sites

Code:
<Reformation>true</Reformation>
<FaithBuildingTourism>2</FaithBuildingTourism>

There is indeed a section for Belief_BuildingClassFaithPurchase which lists the beliefs and which building can be faith bought, however I don't know if the game really keeps track of which Universities were bought with faith vs hand built / gold rushed.

do you get tpt from buildings from other religion? like if you buy the foreign religions building, then convert to your own?

do you get tpt from buildings from other religion? like if you buy the foreign religions building, then convert to your own?

Unlike Civ IV, religious buildings don't have a religion tied to them. (e.g. Civ IV having a Christian Temple, a Jewish Temple, a Buddhist Temple, etc.) It's instead of the follower belief that a city is following allows a religious building, then it can be built.

Top Bottom