Add to Trade Network?

Spedwards

Chieftain
Hey,

So I figured this would be as simple as farming the resource in one of your cities, and having a route from that city to whoever wants the resource (in my current case, a City-State), though that doesn't seem to be the case. I've even tried setting up trade routes.

So, how do you add a resource to the Trade Network?

Cheers.

This is for a city state quest?

You could

1) Trade for it with whichever AI has some

2) See which CS has some and ally with them.

3) Buy the tile if it is within range of your border. Or maybe use a spare great general to grab it.

You only need to acquire the resource, not send it to them or link with them.

This is for a city state quest?

You could

1) Trade for it with whichever AI has some

2) See which CS has some and ally with them.

3) Buy the tile if it is within range of your border. Or maybe use a spare great general to grab it.

You only need to acquire the resource, not send it to them or link with them.

The resource is Cotton and almost every City-State in the game wants it for a quest. I've had it since about turn 7 in the game.

I've built roads to the ones I can, I've established trade routes, both land and sea to them. Not sure what else I can do.

You need to have cotton yourself to fulfill the quest.
Most straightforward solution is to have the resource inside your borders and improved the tile (in this case, with a plantation)
If you cannot get it that way, you can, as Mahasona said, try to trade with an AI for it, or ally with a City state that has it.
If you cannot get into possession of that resource, you cannot complete the quest.
Roads and trade routes have no effect.

As far as I understand you have cotton within your own borders, is that right? If that's the case you need to build a plantation on top of it. Plantation gets unlocked with the Calendar technology. It doesn't require any roads to it, as it was in civ 4. You don't have to build any roads to other city-stated either, if you have it in your own supply thats enough. If it is not within your borders but close to your city, you can buy the tile and improve it (build plantation).

Top Bottom