Female Missionaries ModComp

You can make the changes for it with only XML. I'm still testing for errors, but I can whip together the XML for the Great People and the CEOs pretty soon and upload it here. I'll post it in a couple of days. Btw, I've also tweaked the CEO Python unitBuild code. It was automatically building a Jewelry exec instead of a normal unit, right after any exec was built. My Cavalry were coming out as yummy looking Jewelry gals. :lol:

Hm, did you use the code from my old Female CEO modcomp? Normally, the code of the newer Female Missionaries modcomp should work for both the Missionaries and the CEOs, because the CEOs have the same <DefaultUnitAI> as the Missionaries (UNITAI_MISSIONARY). I'm using that entry for identifying the units that should be checked for female versions in that modcomp.

From today on the Hindus have their female missionary, too!
Spoiler :

The texturing of the dress was hell, but I guess I managed somehow in the end. :)
I still haven't found any usable pictures for the Jewish Missionary, thus I guess the Buddism Missionary will be the next one to be femalized.

I have not done the Islam or Hindu units yet. To fit with BUG and BULL I need to change the directory names since BULL does not work with white spaces in folder or file names. At the moment Real Life is interferring with this stuff :(

Nice one :goodjob:.

I have not done the Islam or Hindu units yet. To fit with BUG and BULL I need to change the directory names since BULL does not work with white spaces in folder or file names. At the moment Real Life is interferring with this stuff :(

Ah, I was always a little suspicious of those white spaces, but now I can't change them all because I like my modcomps to be consistent with each other. However, I removed all white spaces in the 'art' folder. Hopefully this helps a bit. :)

Ah, I was always a little suspicious of those white spaces, but now I can't change them all because I like my modcomps to be consistent with each other. However, I removed all white spaces in the 'art' folder. Hopefully this helps a bit. :)

Yes it helps, I only need to change the art defines XML and folder names. I have done the Islamic and Hindi missionaries and uploaded them. See post #6

One problem - if you have "missionaries start automated" on the female ones don't. I expect the same will be true of the female CEOs.

To fit with BUG and BULL I need to change the directory names since BULL does not work with white spaces in folder or file names.
I'm not exactly clear what it is that you're trying to do, but whitespace in folder and file names makes no difference to BUG or BULL. As you can see from the two screenies in the spoiler, I have both the CEO and Female Great People modcomps enabled in a prototype of BAT 3. They are both working fine, having been reworked as BUG modules.

Spoiler :

Notice that the Python file names have whitespace in them, and so do the folder names in the module folders. BULL doesn't access any Python itself (except for option parameter files, AFAIK), being a DLL, and it gets most of its arguments from BUG, which does most of the parsing for the arguments that BULL receives. EmperorFool is the authority there, or else Ruff, so you might ask one of them for a definitive answer.

If you are referring to the XML files having issues with whitespace in the filenames, I believe that this is a limitation of Civ itself, and the way that the XML system controls loading and parsing of the files. Judging by most of the tutorials I've been reading, and the mod files that I've been looking at, this is common to all of Civ's XML files. I know that The_J has been looking in, perhaps he can shed some light on this and correct me if I'm wrong, please.

If you are referring to the XML files having issues with whitespace in the filenames, I believe that this is a limitation of Civ itself, and the way that the XML system controls loading and parsing of the files. Judging by most of the tutorials I've been reading, and the mod files that I've been looking at, this is common to all of Civ's XML files. I know that The_J has been looking in, perhaps he can shed some light on this and correct me if I'm wrong, please.

Not sure what you mean here.

Normally i only suggest to the newbies not to use any whitespaces in filenames and internal identifiers, because from my computer experience i know that problems can occur.

For civ4 the only specific thing which i can think of is whitespaces in promotion art files, which will let them show up as pink squares in the hover text, and that's also nothing i discovered, Xienwolf mentioned it.

I'm not exactly clear what it is that you're trying to do, but whitespace in folder and file names makes no difference to BUG or BULL. As you can see from the two screenies in the spoiler, I have both the CEO and Female Great People modcomps enabled in a prototype of BAT 3. They are both working fine, having been reworked as BUG modules.

Unless a newer version is out, white space in folder or file names linking to graphics causes pink squares in the hover over popups. eg for buildings in cities and promotions on units. Having said that, maybe there is no problem with units. I just get rid of white space automatically these days.

Yes it helps, I only need to change the art defines XML and folder names. I have done the Islamic and Hindi missionaries and uploaded them. See post #6

One problem - if you have "missionaries start automated" on the female ones don't. I expect the same will be true of the female CEOs.

Hm, I never had any problems with white spaces, but at some instances like the naming of buttons I always used a _ instead of spaces. Whatever, I'll try to avoid them from now on.

I've never used the "missionaries start automated" option, therefore this error is new to me. Is it by chance possible to check via python if that option is activated?

I've never used the "missionaries start automated" option, therefore this error is new to me. Is it by chance possible to check via python if that option is activated?

When you have 21 religions you are trying to spread to all your cities this is a very good option to have on ;). I have confirmed the problem also exists for the CEO.

I have not seen anything like it in python so it is probably SDK.

Well, the female Buddhist missionary is finished. For this one, I had some clear references, because the Buddhists have their own 'nuns'.
Spoiler :

As can be seen the appearance of these nuns don't differ much from that of the Buddhist monks, but that's just the way it is. Good thing was that because of this I had a lot less work to do for the unit. :)
Now, last but not least, it's turn for the female Jewish missionary. I still have no clear idea for her, but I think I'll manage somehow. ;)

Now, last but not least, it's turn for the female Jewish missionary. I still have no clear idea for her, but I think I'll manage somehow. ;)
(Lemon stands, arms crossed, foot tapping) Tap... tap... tap... Come on! Time's a wastin'! :lol::lol::p

Just kidding. They all look great so far. I can't wait for the Jewish missionary. I'm sure that she'll look as fantastic as the others.

And they look as attractive as the monks :yuck:.

But the unit is nice :).
Yup, she's nice, but she does look a little butch... :mischief:

:lol:

Unless a newer version is out, white space in folder or file names linking to graphics causes pink squares in the hover over popups. eg for buildings in cities and promotions on units. Having said that, maybe there is no problem with units. I just get rid of white space automatically these days.
Strange. I've never had the problem. I never use whitespace in art XML files because that's how it's done in every other mod I've seen, but other XML, Python, and folder names in BAT frequently have whitespace in them.

Hmmm....

Thanks again for the kind words. :)
She really looks rather masculine, the shaved hair makes it quite hard to make her look female. :(

This suggests that your cultural background has "hair" of a certian "style/amount" as part of your definition of "female". :p It has only taken me 30 years to realise that part of my cultural background meant that I could not recognise someone if they changed their hair colour!:crazyeye:

PS. I have for help about the doCommand() function on the Python/SDK sub forum. Perhaps we may get an answer.;)

This suggests that your cultural background has "hair" of a certian "style/amount" as part of your definition of "female". :p It has only taken me 30 years to realise that part of my cultural background meant that I could not recognise someone if they changed their hair colour!:crazyeye:

Indeed. Women with shaved heads look quite strange for me, but of course that mustn't be a bad thing. However, it's definitely easier for me to create female units if I have more possibilities with their hair style. :)

PS. I have for help about the doCommand() function on the Python/SDK sub forum. Perhaps we may get an answer.;)

Ah, good call. Hopefully we'll get some answers there. :goodjob:

Hm, did you use the code from my old Female CEO modcomp? Normally, the code of the newer Female Missionaries modcomp should work for both the Missionaries and the CEOs, because the CEOs have the same <DefaultUnitAI> as the Missionaries (UNITAI_MISSIONARY). I'm using that entry for identifying the units that should be checked for female versions in that modcomp.
Sorry, I missed this one. :blush:

I'm using the XML "_FEMALE" and "invisible" tags to identify the units. The Python for the mod in BAT has mostly been rewritten to make it load as a BUG module. Since BAT uses the Sevopedia, I had to rewrite the unit sort routine to clean up the 'pedia entries. Your two 'pedia.py files aren't needed for this (and just caused some weirdness), and I found a way to rewrite the standard unit sort so that it will work for you when using the standard 'pedia. I'm just testing that over the next little while. I'll have quite a little package of code for you soon. :)

I haven't tried to use the CEOs starting automated yet, and I haven't put the missionaries into BAT as I'm waiting for the last unit. I am going to try to clean up the "Replaces Great XX" entries in the 'pedia though. Stay tuned...

Top Bottom