Advanced Diplomacy 2

I'm sorry to hear that, I tried.

Please don't get me wrong. It's a good mod; it just doesn't work with my particular setup for RevDCM. I wish I knew enough to figure out why. Honestly, I have no idea why it compiled just fine but crashed the RevDCM to desktop. It SHOULD have worked. In fact, it may work just fine for most others. It's also possible it was an XML problem. That, too, can cause CTD. I didn't think to check.

I'm going to try Afforess' original Advanced Diplomacy. If that works, I'll experiment with adjusting to YOUR improvements. I have found that, strangely, sometimes this works.

I did note, however, that Afforess' version has a couple files yours didn't. All files you provided were the same, minus these other files. Maybe that was the problem. If Afforess' works, I'll add in your adjusted code. if it works, then the missing files were likely the problem (non-Source files, btw).

Multiple Production, for example, would NOT work at all until I reversed how I merged a few of the files. Exact same files, just merged backward (old to new rather than new to old). Perhaps something similar will work with yours in a step-by-step fashion. if it works, I'll let you know. If you hear nothing more, then it didn't work.

If it DOESN'T work, I'd very much be interested in helping in any way in getting it to do so. This would be awesome for those who do not want to install an entirely new mod for the one or two features that they'd want otherwise.

Please don't get me wrong. It's a good mod; it just doesn't work with my particular setup for RevDCM. I wish I knew enough to figure out why. Honestly, I have no idea why it compiled just fine but crashed the RevDCM to desktop. It SHOULD have worked. In fact, it may work just fine for most others. It's also possible it was an XML problem. That, too, can cause CTD. I didn't think to check.

Figure out how to compile a debug DLL. It makes tracking down these sorts of issues 100x easier.

Figure out how to compile a debug DLL. It makes tracking down these sorts of issues 100x easier.

Compiling a debug DLL is not a problem. I mean *LOL* if one can compile a release, one can simply switch the setting to Debug. Right? Compiling is one thing; knowing how to put it to proper use is another (which I don't know how to do).

Even so, would I know what the console would be telling me? If I could figure it out, would I know how to fix the error(s). Possible yes to the first, definite no to the second.

I did post a ZIP of the source files a few posts back. Feel free to check it out! I'm sure StolenRays would appreciate knowing if the problem is just mine or not.

I'm sorry to hear that, I tried.

Just a progress report. I did sort of successfully merge the original Advanced Diplomacy component into RevDCM. It works just fine except that it seems to have broken part of RevDCM's in-game BUG. I can no longer save new BUG options changes and I'm getting the "Bug Options: Cannot locate settings folder" in the message scroll. That message is rather irritating and I wanna get rid of it as well as be able to save new BUG option choices. I noted in the original AdvDiplo thread that you had it working before you adjusted it for this particular update to the component.

My question for you is: how did you successfully merge the original AdvDiplo without breaking the BUG message scroll?

I have RAR'd all the adjusted files, including the properly compiled new DLL and source/project files. Again, it's working fine during game play except for that one, very irritating broken BUG message scroll. I have re-checked the files (for the umteenth time), and all is as it should be. I just can't figure it out. If you could take a look to see what's wrong, I surely would appreciate it.

*sigh*

I will get this working, dang it! Hopefully, before I become obsessed. LOL

My most recent problem with that dreaded BUG settings folder message has been resolved! Had I NOT turned on Python Exceptions, I would never have discovered the problem...since it had nothing to do with the merge or any conflicts of code. It was far simpler than that...

After turning on Python Exceptions, an error popped up to inform me that the CvModName file should be adjusted to reflect the RevDCM mod. I opened the file and sure enough! I had the wrong mod name. I changed it and the message scroll is back! All is still working well.

I will now begin working in Advanced Diplomacy 2's adjustments just to see if it'll now work. It probably will, but I'll let you know.

good to hear.

LOL! Yeah. This problem really bugged me (pardon the pun). I was just watching a movie, looking at my hand scribbled notes from time to time, and one stood out. I asked myself, "CvModName? What the hell does a simple naming have to do with all this problem??" Since is was a PY file, I figured I had nothing but a few minutes to lose by checking and testing it out. It worked. Very strange...

Stolenrays, I have another question for you. The two files that Afforess' original AdvDiplo mod had that yours doesn't were the Python BUG files TradeUtil.py and Scoreboard.py. Without these files, the original Advanced Diplomacy crashes the same as I reported for yours a few posts back. If your mod is based on the original, wouldn't yours need these same files included in your download?

Or was something changed that makes these two files no longer necessary?

stolenrays,

Thanks so much for this. I have it successfully merged with my mod based on RevDCM. I have done some basic testing, and I am running into in an issue where it seems that the AI civs never establish embassies with each other. Have you encountered anything like this? It is entirely possible I mismerged some AI code (I had some significant changes in those files) but wanted to post here before diving into looking into it.

Haven't yet. That's not good to here. Let me know what else and we'll figure it out. ROM: A New Dawn also uses the same code. Noticed anything wrong in that one as well? If you have trouble incorporating the code then maybe look at ROM: AND because it incorporates Diplomacy 2 & RevDCM.

Just had a thought: I had not as of yet added in the new diplomacy values in the Leaderheads XML. This possibly could have something to do with why they are not establishing the embassies. I will add this in and retest and let you know what I find out.

OK, so I took your suggestion and went back and WinMerged my code with ROM:AND and it turns out that I missed the chunk of code in CvPlayerAI dealing with (go figure) establishing embassies among other things. So I merged it in, compiled a new .DLL and the AI is now establishing embassies as it should. Sorry for the false alarm!

Stolenrays:

Please see the following post re: some code from CvDeal that was left out of this modcomp. Afforess didn't comment it and the .dll compiled without it, so very easy to miss. I only discovered it after some extensive debugging:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=11316454&postcount=3

and thanks again for putting this together!

Also, stolenrays, this is really being anal, but you can also remove the CONTACT_SECRETARY_GENERAL_VOTE and CONTACT_TRADE_CORPORATION from CvEnums.h, CvInfos.cpp, CyEnumsInterfaces.cpp and the GlobalTypes.XML. A harmless assert throws up if you don't do this, because the list in CvLeaderHeadsInfos.XML doesn't match the GlobalTypes.

Top Bottom