Morocco discussion

Morocco = Arabia 2.0

mounted unit: check
desert bonuses: check
economic bonus: check

I'm not complaining though. sounds fun.

Educate me about the UA. Is it possible to have an international trade route that is not with a different civ or city state? (then why is it international?) Or are they trying to tell us that only the first trade route gets that benefit?

Dissapointed that the UA helps other civs as well and that it dissuades you from using national trade routes as Morocco, I don't like UA's that take a choice away from me.

The rest looks okay though :)

Educate me about the UA. Is it possible to have an international trade route that is not with a different civ or city state? (then why is it international?) Or are they trying to tell us that only the first trade route gets that benefit?

Dissapointed that the UA helps other civs as well and that it dissuades you from using national trade routes as Morocco, I don't like UA's that take a choice away from me.

The rest looks okay though :)

In spite of the misleading name, you can connect ITRs to your own cities to make food and production.

Yeah, but aren't they simply called national trade routes then? Because International Trade Routes with cities of your own civilization just sounds silly! ;)

It looks like the Kasbah unlocks at Chivalry, if we didn't already know that.

There must be a limit to where Kasbahs can be built, right? Like they can't be adjacent to each other or something? Otherwise that is bananas. So good!

Oh and the UA is to encourage you to make each trade route with a different partner—if you just send them all to one foreign civ, you only get the bonus once.

I wonder if the Kasbah will work on desert hills, like Petra. If that's the case, Morocco will be be pretty powerful. It's a slightly weaker Petra (don't get the benefit of an additional tile improvement/needs worker turns to construct), but it can go in every city!

The UA and UU seem underwhelming, but I will withhold full judgement without knowing the specifics. It seems like we will have a fairly limited number of trade routes – how much will the 3gold/1 culture per trade route add up to?

The UA makes me think that Morocco is the Wal-Mart of Africa. Everyone is going to want to send ITRs there.

Will it though? It would be a nice improvement admittedly with Petra, but if it doesn't get an improvement in a later age (like every single one of current existing UIs do), it will be somewhat 'meh', turning a desert tile into a fortified plains tile (with 1 gold)

Still liking the civ though!

I wouldn't want Kasbahs on desert hills. the Production bonus for mines is too good in the late game. Nor would I want them on flood plains. That food is precious. Building them on flat desert would be fine though.

Glad Petra got nerfed, Morocco would be even more insane with the old version.

I wouldn't want Kasbahs on desert hills. the Production bonus for mines is too good in the late game. Nor would I want them on flood plains. That food is precious. Building them on flat desert would be fine though.

On oasis, on the other hand . . .

Is the UA worked on my own ITR.., or they just work from other ITR which come to my civ??

If you build them on desert hills, you get the same benefit as a mine, plus 1 food and commerce, until chemistry. Assuming the Kasbah gets unlocked early enough (is there anywhere that gives us that information?), it certains seems that it will strictly be worth building, even if you don't get extra production in later eras. Of course, in a food-starved city, they may be worth building regardless of the extra production of mines.

Meanwhile, unless your city has really terrible land, I can't imagine they're worth building on plain desert. They're just a riverside plains tile that you can't build any improvements on.

I'm not sure about the Kasbah. It sounds a little underwhelming, it essentially makes a desert tile a normal unimproved tile that cannot be improved. The gold could be a redeeming feature but as Morocco you'll get enough of that anyway with your trade.

I wonder if they get improved with any tech...

You could farm floodplains until you grow to a decent size and then replace them with a Kasbah. And 1 food for a production and gold is pretty useful. Though spamming them will hurt your ability to counterattack as the AI will get the fort bonus too.

Cool.... but the red and green colors makes it look like the army of Santa Claus.

Top Bottom