City-State Influence

Spedwards

Chieftain
So I started a new game yesterday and have been playing slowly but wanted to achieve every win condition in the single game. Diplomacy was my first completion which was rather easy, but in achieving it, I noticed that my influence with a lot of the City-States I was allied to was not dropping, but climbing instead. Currently, my influence with one of them is over 1,000.

What exactly did I do to get this to happen? I thought it would always diminish (unless below resting point).

Any chance you went with Autocracy, got Gunboat Diplomacy, and had military/navy units out on the map? I find that combo REALLY effective for CS influence with little/no effort...especially if you're #1 in the 'pointy sticks' demographic

Crus8r

So I started a new game yesterday and have been playing slowly but wanted to achieve every win condition in the single game.
You won't be able to add SS parts once you win by other means.
You won't get VC screen for CV and Diplo after winning by other means.
The only second win you can get is for domination.

Any chance you went with Autocracy, got Gunboat Diplomacy, and had military/navy units out on the map? I find that combo REALLY effective for CS influence with little/no effort...especially if you're #1 in the 'pointy sticks' demographic

Crus8r

Ahh I never thought about that. That explains why only the ones closer to me were like that.

You won't be able to add SS parts once you win by other means.
You won't get VC screen for CV and Diplo after winning by other means.
The only second win you can get is for domination.

Well that sucks... Domination is going to be a pain... Huge map, islands, teams of 2... I can't do anything without my team mate either declaring war, or making peace treaties.

Top Bottom