Production Saving

jecjackal

Chieftain
This is a dumb question but is Production ever saved when you switch tasks or is it always lost? For example If i start building a settler then switch to a granary did I just waste my time?

Thanks,

Jec

It's saved, although there are some caveats like Great Engineers not producing overflow. Switch ahead!

It is saved in the project you switched out of. So if you had 50 hammers invested in the Settler the game remembers that. However certain projects will have the hammers decay over time if you ignore them for long enough.

From observation, I think that it works like Civilization IV hammer decay. That is:

Units start to decay after 10 turns of inactivity. They lose 2% of their hammers rounded up each turn.

Buildings start to decay after 50 turns of inactivity. They lose 1% of their hammers rounded up each turn.

I'm not sure about Wonders.

It is saved in the project you switched out of. So if you had 50 hammers invested in the Settler the game remembers that. However certain projects will have the hammers decay over time if you ignore them for long enough.

From observation, I think that it works like Civilization IV hammer decay. That is:

Units start to decay after 10 turns of inactivity. They lose 2% of their hammers rounded up each turn.

Buildings start to decay after 50 turns of inactivity. They lose 1% of their hammers rounded up each turn.

I'm not sure about Wonders.

I didn't even know about this, decay mechanic, thanks!

Top Bottom