Preview of Dinosaur Unit 3 - Spitter Dinosaur

pesoloco

Civ-aholic
This is a spitting dinosaur similar to the dilophosaur in Jurassic Park
It is my third dinosaur unit.

I just started work on it so there isn't much to it yet

Cool looking head anyway :) Could you maybe round off the frill... maybe curved more like a C than an E shape... just a suggestion.

Originally posted by Kinboat
Cool looking head anyway :) Could you maybe round off the frill... maybe curved more like a C than an E shape... just a suggestion.

thanks. yeah. I can do that. It is a little too squared.

Originally posted by philippe
yeah but with yuor skill it will be another great unit!:goodjob:

philippe, thanks for adding me to your "coolbook"

here is the head and body
(i still need to add feet, hands, and claws)

also, he wont be so shiny in the final version

Originally posted by Dragon Warrior
I think the frill look just a little bit to rainbowy (if that is even a word)

it is a bit brightly colored. What would you suggest?
Maybe only two colors? and different shades?

Yeah but how does it look smaller. or actual size? I think the colors won't stand out quite so much once it's seen actual size...

Pesoloco, I must say that you are doing a grand job, and that when you finish, I will be sure to download this unit (It would be a great 'Barbarian' to go with the GIant Squid). Also, thank you for making this, the Dilophosaurus is my favorite of the Dinosaurs.

Originally posted by Wheel Gator
Pesoloco, I must say that you are doing a grand job, and that when you finish, I will be sure to download this unit (It would be a great 'Barbarian' to go with the GIant Squid). Also, thank you for making this, the Dilophosaurus is my favorite of the Dinosaurs.

Thanks for the compliments. Work on your fav. dino is continuing. He is developing quite nicely now. I will post an updated preview ASAP. I saw the Giant Squid unit too (very nice graphics) and thought it would be good with the dino mod.
Do you know who made it? We would need to ask permission to use it.
I like your idea for using it as a barbarian unit. I think it would make a good archer replacement too.

Actually the squid was my second unit... I look back at it now and see all the things I could do better, but I have too many other things happening to go back :) You don't need my direct permission since it's kind of implied by my posting it on these boards. As long as you give credit go right ahead :) I like the idea of a dinosaur mod and if I ever get good enough at organic shapes maybe I'll try a dinosaur or two...

Originally posted by Kinboat
Actually the squid was my second unit... I look back at it now and see all the things I could do better, but I have too many other things happening to go back :) You don't need my direct permission since it's kind of implied by my posting it on these boards. As long as you give credit go right ahead :) I like the idea of a dinosaur mod and if I ever get good enough at organic shapes maybe I'll try a dinosaur or two...
thank you for the go-ahead on the squid. You certainly will get credit in the readme file. you can check out the mod here

hmm brown green would be good."kaki" colour

Philippe,
Is that the color for the body or frill?
The body would look good kaki color, but what about the frill?
do you think I should cut down on the colors?
I will try to find a Jurassic Park picture online and maybe go off that.

THE BODY but on the frill should be red-yellow that is a symbol in the animal kingdom:beware"im poison dont touch me"

THE BODY but on the frill should be red-yellow that is a symbol in the animal kingdom:beware"im poison dont touch me"

ok. making the change now...

here is a preview of the new colors.
how do they look?

once I get the colors down I will add the feet and hands, then do the animating!!! I am really excited about this one!!!

Top Bottom