Canary Atlantis offers a defensive pact to:
Egypt

After considerable debate, the Assembly has decided to Accept your Proposal. In addition, the Republic offers Non-Agression Pacts to Greece, Sarajevo, and the Knights of St. Malta.

-----

The great Canal had long been the eastern border of the Egyptian People. When their troops finally crossed the Suez, it was a sign of change. Always before, the expansion of the Republic had a been a slow, steady proccess. Now it would begin to change rapidly. The snails pace of former administrations was being abandoned. The promises of President Al Dunyanin would be kept, and a new era would begin.

The next step was to be taken in other Directions however. The Republic realised that further Eastern Expansion would mean conflict with the Crusader State, something which they had no desire to cause. Instead, they would turn their focus to the South and West, expanding into less controversial territories.

However, the economic burden was great, and the strains of expansion would drain away much of the treasury. Only a pittance of government cash was available for other new projects. That little sum would be spent on encouraging economic activity in the new province, focusing on the construction of facilities around the canal itself.

DT

There is a reason it's called New England. Because it was settled by the English. In fact, there was a colony in Maine before there was one in Virginia - Popham colony. The harsh winter, sadly, caused its failure. So, New England is more British than Virginia. ;)

I know that quite well, thanks. What I am saying is this- I got the impression that it was for nations founded from the remains of Britain. Which New England wasn't. It was founded out of the remains of America.

And America was British.

That doesn't change the fact that New England came directly from Britain, is all.

Verily I say, orders lock in 48 hours.

Greece remains NPC'd, and Mumbambu is under my charge until hoplitejoe says otherwise.

And America was British.
Until it rebelled and gained a distinctive national identity. Either way. New England has been removed from British rule for a VERY long time. Which means technically it's not British. Remember the demographics of that area today. How many of them are of British descent. Then try and tell me they belong in a "British Pact".

Until it rebelled and gained a distinctive national identity. Either way. New England has been removed from British rule for a VERY long time. Which means technically it's not British. Remember the demographics of that area today. How many of them are of British descent. Then try and tell me they belong in a "British Pact".

Poland was removed from Polish rule for more than a hundred years, by your logic Poland isn't Polish?

Plus, most New Englanders are of British descent, so...

Guys, seriously. Sam offered, Omega said no. Issue settled; the world turns. Take the cultural semantics to World History or something.

It is with deep regret I must announce that I am dropping out of this; between my "job" of sorts, commissions, my own GMing duties, CoN/SS and other projects, I just don't think I can keep up. My apologies!

For NPC purposes, Oro's personality is as such:

-Pacifistic. Violence is at the very far end of the option spectrum. He despises violence but despises people getting hurt more.

-Relaxed and patient. Anger is destructive. It is very difficult to anger him.

-Polite. Made from repressed positivity, it is only natural he is extremely friendly and polite.

-Kind. So sweet you need insulin after an encounter with him, he is a fair, generous dealer and works to improve the sentient condition the world over.

The Republic of Greater Kurdistan

New Prime Minister takes the reins of government

Assemblyman Behez Sindi was sworn in as the new Prime Minister of Kurdistan yesterday. Following the resignation of Elend Rami, Sindi was successfully able to secure the support of the ruling coalition. While some members of the opposition have feared that this will simply lead to a continuation of the government policies of former PM Rami, Sindi has vowed to "restore order and transparency to the government, and to reform those institutions which have failed to properly serve the Kurdish people."

After being sworn in before the National assembly, PM Sindi introduced his proposal for a bill which he hopes will ease the pain caused by the Tabriz Crisis. The proposed bill calls for a government stimulus to be given to citizens and businesses that were greatly affected by the draft and mobilization that came during the winter. The bill calls for 4.8 billion ع.د to be spent in financial aid. While the bill enjoys support from the opposition parties, several key leaders in the ruling PJP have stood against this bill, demanding it be cut in size.

Intelligence leak prompts government investigation of NIB

A full scale investigation into the National Intelligence Bureau was launched today after an anonymous source leaked documents pertaining to the Tabriz Crisis. While the government has refused to reveal any information until the investigation is complete, PM Sindi has stated that he will "not leave any stone unturned." Reports have come in that Ferhad Diri, head of the Iranian Department of the NIB, has been sacked, and that the NIB Director, Sirvan Amedi, has been temporarily suspended while the investigation is ongoing. Aza Chelki, the Deputy Director, has taken command of the NIB, and has pledged full support for the investigation.

Shia attacks prompts Kurish retaliation

Recent attacks by the Shia alliance شعلة الله (The Flame of God) have prompted the newly elected prime minister to launch a military campaign into the heart of Iraq. Last week, warlords allied to شعلة الله launched attacks on the Kuwaiti Confederacy and the City-State of Baghdad, with the intention of seizing both areas. These warlords have also begun to attack relief convoys and merchant caravans from Kurdistan, which have been heading to Kuwait following the intensive flooding it received last spring. The most recent attack occurred near the town of Tikrit, 116 kilometer from the city of Kurkuk. This attack marks the farthest north the شعلة الله has ever struck.

Orders locked eleven minutes ago.

Espionage

Propaganda campaign in the USSR - 0.5 population lost to terrorist groups.
Propaganda campaign in Pacific Alliance fails.

Greece robbed - 3 #money stolen.
Yamato robbed - 1 yen stolen.
Setting Sun robbed; 3 dollars stolen; 1 attacking agent killed.
Failed robbery in Soviet Africa.

Subversive agents trigger an uprising in the USSR! 4 provinces and 2 armies rebel.

Politics

New England buys out Nunavut and Texas.
Jinrai Republic buys out Hokkaido.
New Britain buys out Peru and Argentina.

Coup in Texas fails.
Coup in Libya fails.

Nicaragua adopts anti-Setting Sun foreign policy in reaction to the state's belligerent attitude.
Korea adopts anti-Yamato foreign policy in reaction to the state's belligerent attitude.

Dadgummit, I forgot the natural RR!

Riots in Egypt; parliament lowers tax rate to 16% until Spring of 2223.
Riots in Hyderabad: 2 armies defect, claiming 2 provinces.
Riots in the Formatting Crew: 1 army defects, claiming 2 provinces.

Wait...but I had an RR of 0. What...?

EDIT: But...but my armies were at a safe level as well. Only ~30% military. How this happen?

...Eugh, and just when I was ready to post the update..! It has to do with the way I process orders, outlined here. Purchases come before politics, so the new army pushed the pop. balance into the danger zone. I still have the results in the Python shell: your revolt risk was 8%; RNG rolled a 4. Talk about bad luck.

But the most confounding part is, the revolt means your army's back down to a "safe" level, so you won't have RR in next turn's post! At this stage I can't redo the update (I just finished copying the tables into a CFC-friendly printout), but after next turn airs I'll lay out the update sequence and people can suggest elements to re-arrange, since it's rather dumb to suffer next turn's stats when they aren't even posted yet.

Okay. :(

Top Bottom