Is civilization 5 over?

Its people like you that let game companies put out crap products and get away with not fixing them.

Damn, you got me.

Somebody file a petition so I stop letting 2K Games sell stuff.

From what is going on in here, you could also say, what you say doesn't matter.

From what is going on in here, you could also say, what you say doesn't matter.

This is a very valid point. Too bad it popped up in an extremely invalid argument about the worthlessness of internet petitions.

As far as we know there is an unreleased SDK updated that is linked to multiplayer.

There wasn't a patch since the Fall patch and it highly probable that one more patch is on the way.

It isn' probable but with the sudden interest in Civ 5 (including the scenario livestream) it's possible that 2k are working towards a new annoucement.

Has anyone read the recent (Feb 28th) blog at Firaxis? It seems they were discussing strategy in a recent meeting and whether or not to settle on the first turn, which led Ed Beach to carry out 100 turns of three separate simulated games. Hmmm....why go to that trouble if Civ 5 is dead? They could, of course, be debriefing the successes and failures of Civ 5 and learning points to take into their next project...but I think it would be wonderful if they're gearing up for one last foray with Civ 5.

Firaxis blog

Escapist magazine discussion.

I agree..

My most secret desire is they announce Civ 5 Final Frontier the final expansion pack that adds more dynamic gameplay (such as random evenets), 7 new civs (to make it out an even 50 civs) as well as a new Science Victory that is more alike that of Civ 4.

7 new civs (to make it out an even 50 civs).

9 new civs would match the other two packs and with 52 civs, it's one for each week of the year! Agree with you about the scientific victory.

It's getting close to Pax East. IF they are up to something, then perhaps an announcement would happen in the run-up to it.

My best guess will be they are maybe preparing a new patch?i will wait for an announcement,imho i dont need any more new civs to play since 42 civs offer very much variety gameplay.

Top Bottom