Production Speed Question

NewWaver

Special Agent
I'm playing as England on an Earth map. So far I've settled in the UK, Ireland, Spain, North Africa, and Australia. Recently I've reached the modern age.

Everything seems to be fine, except for the production speed of the cities in Australia. Back in the UK, I can build an infantry unit in under 10 turns. But in Australia they can take up to 90.

Why is this? Mining and irrigation, roads and railroads all surround these Australian cities (plus some untouched forests - if roads don't count). The amount of shields should be able to speed up the process somehow, right?

One thing I can come up with is the fact it's so far from my palace? Would building the forbidden palace in that region help me out? I'm building it at the moment (in Canberra, funnily enough), but it's gonna take me more than 200 turns! :( Thanks to all that can help me.

I suppose it is the corruption that's keeping them down -down under...
Corruption is, as always in a civ game, related to the distance from your capital (among other factors)
Given the fact that no matter how you choose to set up your empire there will be corruption, you should try to streamline every city's production towards optimal output.
If production of units in the region is the problem - cash rush some airports and send units from your productive core down to Australia :)

There are excellent reads on this topic in the FAQ thread which is stickied on the top of this forum :)
You could also - if it has been enabled again - do a search on corruption. Much research has been done ;)

on a world map, if your capital is london and you have cities in austrailai, you will get total corruption even in a democrac y(toital is when you have only 1 shield not wasted a turn). so use a great leader to rush the forboidden palace in australia, then you can have good production going all over austrailia and alot of asia. this will help alot.
also, austrailai is not a good shield production place in most earth maps, so you wont get as much anyway compared to england, since england and euorpe has good production.

Top Bottom