anyone still play this?

masonryan

Chieftain
I loved the game when it came out and played the crap out of it, but I got board after a month of playing and hardly any competition online just woundering if anyone still plays online?

I was actually going to pick it up at Office Depot since they had it on sale for $9.99. I liked the demo and would probably like the full game.

I loved the game when it came out and played the crap out of it, but I got board after a month of playing and hardly any competition online just woundering if anyone still plays online?

This is basically the game in a nutshell. Fun as hell for a few weeks, but not enough replay value to keep me coming back past that, though.

Loved the game for many years and contemplating playing it again a few times over the years. I think it has great replayability to be honest due to the amount of options and settings you can select before a game. But times move on. Still a classic fondly remembered game for me though :D

Rise of Legends however I felt was a real let-down and disappointment. :(

Civilization V is letting me down, whether it is because of the Steam misery or the game using up too much memory for my 3 year old computer. I've gone back to playing an occasional game of Call to Power, very enjoyable, or Rise of Nations (gold). If you see what the programmers have managed to show with RoN, and all the settings you can play, you wonder why Civ5 looks so boring and eats so much memory. Having to play it through Steam is really annoying anyway. I bought the disk, damn it!

RoN is still my favourite RTS game by quite a way (excepting Brood War of course, but I have to be in a different mood for sci-fi).

IMO the strategic game has one fatal flaw, which is that you get all a country's territories when you take its capital. I've been trying to find a way to mod the strategic game so this doesn't happen, but my modding skills are poor. It ought to be possible to create a minor variant campaign where you are trying to conquer the world one province at a time - this seems to require less modding than e.g. the Cold War campaign.

Ho hum. Still fun though.

I love this game. I am not very good at it though, only being able to win most of the time on moderate. Recently my friend got this game (w/o TaP) and we are enjoying it immensely, taking turns crushing great mother Russia's foes (lol). Before last weekend, I had only played easy and on TaP. boy was that a wake-up call. I actually lost a match!

I never wanted to stop playing. The game was amazing! I STILL don't understand how people finished their homework when this game was waiting. I want to play again, but my computer broke :( Does anyone want to give me a computer ;)

Rise of Nations is a really nice game, thought it doesn't have any campaign, which make you feel bored cuz any RTS have a great campaign like warcraft or starcraft or AOE

Rise of Nations is a really nice game, thought it doesn't have any campaign, which make you feel bored cuz any RTS have a great campaign like warcraft or starcraft or AOE

It has a campaign. And the expansion adds several more. They may not be story driven like warcraft or starcraft, but it's still there.

It's still fun after all these years.

I play it every once in awhile for old time's sake.

Brian Reynolds was one of the great ones. *Sigh*

I loved the game and played it for a bit recently. I really wished they had made a sequel to it

It's a good game and I enjoy it.

I used to think I liked it better than Age of Kings, but now I find that I tend to play Age of Kings more.

I still play it.

I used to play it at lot at uni with my housemate, and still do whenever I go up to visit, I don't play it on my own any more, though.

Once you've played all the campaigns, and a few skirmishes, the game quickly loses its novelty. If only the scenario editor (Specifically the Script editor) hadn't been such a let down.

Yes, actually just started. Saw the Gold edition from a budget label for five bucks or so and though I should give it a try. To be honest I am not the biggest fan of RTS and usually avoid that stuff. But I am a big fan of LOTR and enjoyed playing through the Battle for Middle Earth campaigns, so I figured a RTS with heavy Civ flavour could also be fun for an hour or two...

I used to play it, until my PC got rebooted and the game was deleted a couple months ago. Since I never found the CDs, only option left is to DL it. Oh well, to the pirate Bay I go...

It is still fun after all these years, yet, one cannot avoid think about how it would look with modern graphics... :p

I really miss this game and wish there was a more modern alternative.

Havent seen any other strategy games with same feeling.

I guess its the income rate machanics giving such a good overview of whats going on I guess.

Was Rise of Legends any good? The concept seemed more interesting to me than Rise of Nations, I never played either so I didn't know how they stacked up to eachother.

Top Bottom