Anno Domini Rise of Cities edition

Anno Domini: Rise of Cities edition (latest version dated November 9th 2016) 27

Hey Rob, I really like playing with your mod but I was playing a Novgorod game when it suddenly stopped working, I was really dissapointed and tried loading the auto save but that would crash as well while it was loading.

I was wondering if you could help me? I have the autosave but I'm not sure how to send the file to you.

I was playing with Anno Domini, Anno Domini Artfiles, Fertile crescent, East of Rome, Enemies of rome and dark ages

Hello All, I have downloaded the Anno Domini mod with all of the different civ packs. I turned off all other mods and then went to set up a game. The game set up is messed up. The option to choose a civ and map are messed up and if I try to choose one and then back out the whole option to set up a game disappears. I have all of the DLC. Not sure what is going on. Please advise.

hey!
bought the game, installed the mods and it worked fine!
during gameplay, on all my maps i encountered a problem. at some point (the furthest was 600+ turns) the game blockes, pur and simple and cannot continue even if i reload from different points.
Wanted to ask u guys if u have an advice for this situation!

hey!
bought the game, installed the mods and it worked fine!
during gameplay, on all my maps i encountered a problem. at some point (the furthest was 600+ turns) the game blockes, pur and simple and cannot continue even if i reload from different points.
Wanted to ask u guys if u have an advice for this situation!

- Update version 1.03.279 or play tetris instead :crazyeye:
- Before restart a previous save, delete the content of \cache folder
- Make sure GPU driver is the latest one
- 4Gb RAM can make the difference I believe

Same problem playing as Novgorod. Happens at the Composite Bowman switching point, but I've downloaded the patch and replaced out the original England files.

Hey Rob, I really like playing with your mod but I was playing a Novgorod game when it suddenly stopped working, I was really dissapointed and tried loading the auto save but that would crash as well while it was loading.

I was wondering if you could help me? I have the autosave but I'm not sure how to send the file to you.

I was playing with Anno Domini, Anno Domini Artfiles, Fertile crescent, East of Rome, Enemies of rome and dark ages

Hey Rob, I can't find Palmyra and was wondering if they haven't been updated into your Steam collection yet. If you could put my mind at ease that would be great. I'm either blind or really bad at doing searches.

Hello,

I am enjoying this mod greatly but while I was using the V1 version I had the extra eras with new names, but no resources on the map.

Then I started a new game with the .23 patch only and it worked fine.

Did I just messed up the files to download/activate ?

I am downloading again from the mod's website the 0,89Gb AD file. I hope it's the right one this time. I will let you know.

Hello everyone!

I recently found this mod and, it made my day! :)
Unfortunately it seems to block and closes at some point during play.
I am playing from Steam, 1.0.3.279 version of the game, good computer performaces.
Any advice for me? i really want to continue playing!

If my calendar is not lying, then Happy Birthday for yesterday, Rob! As one of the Ancients, it is an honour to have you around :D

Thank-you so much!!

Everyone else, I am slowly but surely working on some exciting updates to the mod and will let you know as soon as I've done it. I don't want to let the cat out of the bag in case my plans don't work out....but we are talking some new mechanics to make city management more interesting.

Did you use a drawing of Pyrrho from Existential Comics for the Pyrrho's Voyage?

http://existentialcomics.com/philosopher/Pyrrho

Love the mod.

Small Bug:
The Batavi unit causes a render error, that allow you to continue, but puts up a dialogue.

Balancing Issue:

The Maritime Trade decision just trades money now for an increase in money over time. For example (and I don't know if this is constant) but it cost a magistrate and 2600 coins to get+1 Coin per harbor. Even with 50 harbors, that 52 turns to break even. It should have some other benefit.

Suggestion for a Wonder:

AntAntikythera mechanism: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antikythera_mechanism
Add this with Machinery, but also a random event like with the Pergamon Altar.

@edboltz, I don't think the image for Pyrrho came from there, but it's been a long time since I did it, so I could be wrong! Thanks for the comments.

Now for everyone else, it's time to tease the direction the mod is going in. I've had agreement from JFD to make an Anno Domini version of Cities in Development to work with the mod; this has meant that the latest (June 15th) version of the Community Patch has been integrated into the mod as an automatic part of Anno Domini (it's allowed Cities in Development to work). Possibly not all elements of Cities in Development will be in Anno Domini, but I'm working on getting as much as possible into it. I'm looking at (possibly) 25th June as an upload date, but I can't promise that.

Naturally, with the CP patch in, it's improved the mod no end. I'm currently tracking down bugs and cleaning out the issues thrown up on the database logs. Some of those are definitely easier than others! It has allowed Constantine's Rome to join the cast of the Ancient Med pack; Venice and Novgorod have moved to a new "Late Civilizations" pack and have been joined by Bohemia, Burgundy, Flanders, Kilwa, the Normans and Scotland (Robert the Bruce version) for those who want to play with civilizations from right at the end of the timeframe (and a couple possibly a hundred years later ;)).

On the downside, I have had to take out FramedArchitect's excellent Health and Plague mod - the only reason I did this is because the Cities in Development one fitted in with all the other elements of Cities in Development. I really liked FramedArchitect's version and this was a difficult decision to make. I am trying to incorporate some of his elements into it with my limited knowledge of SQL!

A few screenshots to finish off with; the first shows the new leaderscreen for Gladys, created using Daz Studio (I've moved to this program from Poser for my leaderheads); the others show some different elements of Cities in Development, so that you can see what's ahead!

Thanks to JFD and Gazebo for creating Cities in Development and the Community Patch and allowing me to meddle with them for use in Anno Domini! (though I've not actually changed anything about the CP - I might in the future).

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Are there any maps with TSL that work with this mod? I'm especially interested in big global maps but any info would be appreciated.

Top Bottom