R.E.D. modpack

Hi, I've never downloaded mods for Civ before and i was amazed at the quality of what could be changed, so thanks for this great mod.

I just have a small question, i'm using your mod with the HiTM mod and when i select a civilization to play as, the mod changes the 2 special items shown under each civ.

So for Russia i get the Cossack and the Tank (can't remember which one) instead of Cossack/Krepost.

Is this an error? Or does this Tank unit become a new special unit in place of the special building?

Hi, I've never downloaded mods for Civ before and i was amazed at the quality of what could be changed, so thanks for this great mod.

I just have a small question, i'm using your mod with the HiTM mod and when i select a civilization to play as, the mod changes the 2 special items shown under each civ.

So for Russia i get the Cossack and the Tank (can't remember which one) instead of Cossack/Krepost.

Is this an error? Or does this Tank unit become a new special unit in place of the special building?

It may be a bug if you cannot build the Krepost anymore. If you are able then I would guess this is a mere display bug as the description of HiTM does not list any unit changes.
A solution may be to uncheck both in the mod-browser and then activate HiTM first and R.E.D. second.

If you are unsure or if the mods don't work I would suggest to download both mods again and clear your "mod" and "cache" folder prior to installing them again.

Thanks for your reply, I installed HiTM first then R.E.D second (then changed the file names of the xml unit files in HiTM.

I can see the Krepost on the HiTM tech tree, i've just not reached it yet :D I thought it might just be a cosmetic change.

Will try clearing the Cache and see what happens.

Can the person who made this mod make the units *bigger*, and also *reduce* the number of models in them. The same mod but in the opposite direction, or are there any simple parameters that can be used to do this?

If it could be 1-3 like in Civ4 that would be ideal. As is Civ5 ruins my eyes, and I can hardly tell the difference between a worker and a warrior and they're almost invisible when on top of a trading post.

Thanks for your reply, I installed HiTM first then R.E.D second (then changed the file names of the xml unit files in HiTM.

I can see the Krepost on the HiTM tech tree, i've just not reached it yet :D I thought it might just be a cosmetic change.

Will try clearing the Cache and see what happens.

Cleared them and it still happens :/

If i then disable R.E.D the Kempost reappears on the Civ selection screen. Doesn't stop me making the Kempost with R.E.D installed, it's just a bit odd that's all :)

Cleared them and it still happens :/

If i then disable R.E.D the Kempost reappears on the Civ selection screen. Doesn't stop me making the Kempost with R.E.D installed, it's just a bit odd that's all :)

I'm guessing since there's no way to add more than one texture or mesh for the same unit based on the civ it belongs to that R.E.D. just creates lots of Unique Units for the civilizations so that they look different. This is also evident in the Civopedia.

Don't worry - I doubt there's any limit to the amount of unique units and buildings a civilization can have. And even if there is, I doubt Gedemon would intentionally exceed this limit by getting rid of already-present unique units and buildings.

Yes, you can also add as many leader traits to single leader as you like as same as units and buildings. It's the UI what limits it to the first trait and two objects. It all depends on the order the objects are defined and loaded.
You can still start a game with the civ and check the tech-tree if all unique objects appear there.

Can the person who made this mod make the units *bigger*, and also *reduce* the number of models in them. The same mod but in the opposite direction, or are there any simple parameters that can be used to do this?

If it could be 1-3 like in Civ4 that would be ideal. As is Civ5 ruins my eyes, and I can hardly tell the difference between a worker and a warrior and they're almost invisible when on top of a trading post.

I'm using the Ethnic Units from this mod in my Single Unit Graphics mod (i.e., 1 unit like Civ3 and earlier). I'll be updating to include the changes from v0.9 shortly.

I'm guessing since there's no way to add more than one texture or mesh for the same unit based on the civ it belongs to that R.E.D. just creates lots of Unique Units for the civilizations so that they look different. This is also evident in the Civopedia.

Don't worry - I doubt there's any limit to the amount of unique units and buildings a civilization can have. And even if there is, I doubt Gedemon would intentionally exceed this limit by getting rid of already-present unique units and buildings.

Yes, you can also add as many leader traits to single leader as you like as same as units and buildings. It's the UI what limits it to the first trait and two objects. It all depends on the order the objects are defined and loaded.
You can still start a game with the civ and check the tech-tree if all unique objects appear there.

Cheers guys, i hoped it was that! :)

It was more, that i play a certain few Civ's so i fancied changing and i couldn't see all the bonuses. Guess i'll have to check them all then activate the mods.

This looks amazing, can't wait to try... is it compatible with the latest version?

1.0.1.221?

Thanks!

No problems so far on 1.0.1.275 ;)

First of all, I want to say, awesome mod -- I've been a fan since Civ IV.

I did get my first BSOD today pretty early into my 1st game (I have the latest version updated v 1.0.1.275), the BSOD came just as I encountered my second civilization, the Ottomans.

I would note that I have finished multiple games without installing any mods without a single crash.

Also for the record, I had also installed two other MODs (Have Fun! Cheat and Civ Clock), not sure if that matters at all...

At any rate, just wanted to report in.

no unusual crashes so far in my test game...

here's a small update btw :

v0.10 (May 05, 2011):
- include rescale for Denmark DLC

(download on cfc database)

hi.

i don't understand... there is an 8th version of the RED modpack into the CCMAT II mod...

is it possible to get it in order to play Civ5 just with the new units it contains?

effectively, it is not possible to have all these units with your RED modpack v4 found with the modbrowser.

thanks for your work and your reply.

sorry for my bad english, i'm french...

latest version is available here.

I can't upload it in the mod browser because of it's size.

please help, why Diversity skin not effected, i mean all unit graphic is not change, but only Rescaling and Formation functioning when i using this mod, i have civilization 5 deluxe edition

Hi Gedemon, awesome job mate!!! :)

Previously enjoying this awesome mod with CCMAT2, but since that mod is dead, I think I'll just have to use the latest version of RED with InfoAddict.... so having said that...
I note that with your installation instructions, you say "Install it so that RED loads last"....

So it's Stupid question time... :) How is this done? Is it a matter of ticking the mod box for RED last in the Mod Browser, or is there some other trick to it??

Thanks in advance.

So it's Stupid question time... :) How is this done? Is it a matter of ticking the mod box for RED last in the Mod Browser, or is there some other trick to it??

Thanks in advance.
far from stupid, in fact I'm not sure myself...

best way is to install R.E.D. last and check the mod box last.

I've seen they've started to add the support for mod associations with the last patch, so maybe with the next one this part won't be needed anymore.

Will there be (like varietas delectat in civ4) unique graph style for each unit?(i mean chinese musketman that d'ont look like european ones?)

Top Bottom