Zombie Defense Cont.

hoplitejoe

Top fun-poster
Yoshiegg has passed over the Zombie AAR baton to me and so this will be the new thread for it. the game will continue to be played like before but here is a restatement of the rules anyway.

Your one of the many survivor's of the apocalypse, looking for the one route to the safe haven that was not touched by the raining of the radioactive nukes on that one fateful day. Of course, your not the only one looking for something. As you stick your head out the window, you see legions of the undead. They're looking for something too, your head.

Introduction
The premise of the game is quite simple. We're on a good size island, theres a city in the center of it, and you get to be your own unit! Oh, and you have to survive hoards of zombies that come at you, of course. There's also a shop where you buy upgrades and stuff like that. Look below for details. This game is basically: Roll to Dodge + Civilization 4 + Zombies

Game Rules
Familiar with the "Roll to Dodge" forum game? If not, I'll explain: basically, each round, you will post with your action for that round (1 action per update). It can be anything from attack zombies over there, build a house, or even grow a forest. 1 action per update. A random number between 1-20 will be selected and will determine how your action turned out and what happened (A zombie spawned next to you? You made a lake?) higher numbers are better. Your goal is for your unit to stay alive (I'm controlling all units so you better give a good action!) and to protect the one city in the center. If the city is captured, it's game over for everybody. You start with 3 lives

Promotions do not take up an action. And this is where I talk about the shop feature!

The Shop
The shop is where you go to buy unit promotion's and upgrades. Killing a zombie will earn you cash which you use to buy yourself an upgrade or some promotions. Think about this when buying promotions and upgrades. Naturally, most promotions and upgrades must be unlocked first (there is no Oromo upgrade in the first round, naturally)

To Join
Currently full
Just say you want to join, and you get a unit that spawns in the city. Max 10 players allowed (including people who died) to keep things fair to those managing to survive. Oh, you can have a custom name if you wish. Late joiner's may not get the full 3 lives

The Roll to Dodge Chart
Code:
1 : Unbelievably total failure. Action WILL backfire.
2-4 : Failure, with penalty
5-7 : Marginal failure with possible penalty
8-10 : Failure, no penalty
11-13 : Straightforward success
14-16 : Success, with possible bonus
17-19 : Success, with circumstantial bonus
20 : MAXIMUM POWER. Guaranteed success, with added bonus.

Player List
Yoshiegg737
Name: Yoshi
Current Unit Type: Phalanx
Promotions: Combat I
Cash: 420
Level: 2
Lives left: 2
Troops None

Mosher
Name: Mosherdini
Current Unit Type: Jaguar
Promotions: Combat 1, Drill I,II,III , Combat II, Cover, Shock
Cash: 335
Level: 3
Lives left: 3
Troops None

Civ'ed
Name: Civ'ed
Current Unit Type: Impi
Promotions: Combat I,II,III, Drill I, Guerilla II
Cash: 245
Lives left: 1
Troops None

Red Spy
Name: Blu Soldier
Current Unit Type: Dog Solder
Promotions: Medic I,II, Combat I,II,III,IV Woodsman I,II,III, Cover
Cash: 50
Troops None

Omega124
Name: Trail Mix
Current Unit Type: Warrior
Promotions: Shock, Combat I ,Formation ,Leadership
Cash: 300
Lives left: 1
Troops None

Hoplitejoe
Name: Mandulu
Promotions: Combat I,II,III,IV, Cover
Cash: 360
Troops Axeman

SouthernKing
Name: SouthernKing
Current Unit Type: Vulture
Promotions:Combat I ,Shock, City Raider ,Drill
Cash: 80
Level: 1
Troops None

NinjaCow64
Name: NinjaCow64
Current Unit Type: Dog Soldier
Promotions: Combat I,II,III,IV,V
Cash: 305
Troops Bowman

Terrance888
Name: Chuck
Promotions: Combat I,II, City Raider I
Cash: 200
Troops None

Christos200
Name: Christos200
Current Unit Type: Archer
Promotions: Combat I,II,III
Cash: 270
Troops None

Store​

Promotions

Combat I: 25
Combat II: 40
Combat III: 60
Medic I: 35
Medic II: 65
Drill I: 25
Drill II: 40
Drill III: 60
Shock: 50
Cover: 50
Guerilla I: 50
Guerilla II: 70
Woodsman I: 50
Woodsman II: 70
Formation: 50
Charge: 50
City Raider I: 60
City Garrison I: 60
Led by Warlord (Does not give free promotions. It only makes your unit look nice): 20

Unit Upgrades

Archer: 65
Bowman: 75
Spearman: 80
Impi: 100
Holkan: 100
Dog Soldier: 100
Skirmisher: 90
Jaguar: 120
Axeman: 130
Phalanx: 140
Swordsman: 160
Vulture: 170
Chariot: 100
Immortal: 125
War Chariot: 150
Numidian Cavalry:160
Horse Archer:200
Keshik:220
Praetorian: 260
Red = New

Civ'ed looks at the boss' weapons and buys them at the shop.
My action: build a fort on my hill.
6. The fort crumbles into a pile of stones.
I sell my quechua upgrade and with that money plus my own I buy Dog Soldier. Action is to plant a forest NE of Base Camp.
20. you grow a forest in which a hermit settles, you stay and train with the hermit and he teaches you the secrets of the forest (you gain Woodsman I,II and III)
Mandulu will sell Shock and drill I then buy a phalanx upgrade for no other reason but my name.
Mandulu will then build a hill under Fort Malcom Dellajacono to improve the view.
18.While Mandulu build the hill he eats an apple, he drops the core on the ground. an apple forest grows.
Upgrade to Jaguar + all 3 Drill promotions.

My action is to steal the gold of the person with the highest amount.
17. you sneek up on Trailmix taking 100 gold. all that sneekyness gives you a good knowledge of tactics.
I buy City Garrison 1. I build a primitive ICBM.
5.Well... that didn't go too well. the ICBM leaks radiation around the city.
Sell Impi- Get Phalanx
Get Combat II

Orders: I build a fort somewhere, and I will upgrade it to a city later (build city if possible)

Scouting orders: stay near fort to prevent pants being caught down! Then attack only when everyone else regroups
13. a fort is built, it is very nice.
I build a big vault for my money so Mosher can’t get it. The money in the vault attracts more money, making me rich! $$$
14. The volt is built with out a hitch, 40 is attracted to it.
Okay, I buy Drill I, do nothing, and get 80 gold like NinjaCow did that one time ;)
11. you do nothing. nothing happens :lol: (i will give you 50 gold in pity)
okey. I will build my fort 3e of Base Camp.
17.you build a fort then use the excess building material to build a bow.
(fort built 4 east as there is already something 3 east)
Hmm...if you want...that sounds like a good idea. I'm leaving on vacation so you can take this over :D
15. you give the AAR over to Hoplitejoe, he gives you 20 gold in payment.

at first sight all looks the same but... what are those black borders at the edge of the screen :eek:

a sole chariot comes out from the barbarian base

it decides to pick on our new player! mean barb

luckily christos wins with ease, he levels up and gets combat I

christos gets 70 gold for chariot and everyone gets a bonus 100 gold due to the lack of attackers

next time, lots more barbs and a quest.

you can now add orders.

I try to clean up the Fallout

Edit: I also buy medic II and cover.

Omega which barb city would you like to build a road to?

Christos200, NinjaCow64 and Mosher you need to post your orders in two days or you will do nothing.

Christos200, NinjaCow64 and Mosher you need to post your orders in two days or you will do nothing.
Ninja is having Internet problems (see his sig), Christos is on probably once every week, and Mosher is devoting all his time to RP2, forgetting about the old Civ4 Stories and Tales :eek:

I try to clean up the Fallout
12. everything is nice and clean.

I try to organize an attack on the barb city.
1. you go to find some survivors who are willing to help but your pocket catches of a branch and your wallet falls out. some people at base camp offer to make you a new wallet by next turn. (lose all your gold and don't collect any this turn).

I build a warpath (road) to the barb camp
18.while you are building the road you find a wallet. what luck :D.(get Terrance's gold)

build another fort.
4. you try to build a fort near the enemy base but get lost! you find yourself behind enemy lines and surrounded by wild animals.

I go out and hunt for zombies and money :D
7. you go looking for zombies however little do you know that they are currently on holiday. lose 20 gold for expedition costs.

Ninja is having Internet problems
14. you struggle with your internet get angry and smash your computer/laptop on the floor. (upgraded to combat V)

Me said:
I Buy city Raiders then have a training montage
2. I pull a muscle and cannot train any more. (cannot upgrade with any promotions for this and the next two rounds)

I raise a company of Swordsmen in base camp.
9.you can't find a sword but you do find a spear. (you get a spearman)

here is the map after the updates

and civ'ed

Now this is where the update gets a bit different, instead of a round of zombies there is a choice of quests. in the spoilers below there are 3 quests, each with there own rewards. after you choose your action as normal write which, if any, quest you would like to do.

Spoiler quests :

a meeting is called around the camp fire of base camp, all the survivors (except civ'ed who had wandered off during the morning) gather round to hear the news. mandulu announces "while you were gone we have had some visitors to the camp both who have something to announce". a ripple of an excitement spreads around the fire. "wait" Blu Soldier says as a critical eyebrow is raised "i thought we we meant to be the only survivors around here". a slightly embarrassed Mandulu replies "i guess not".
Spoiler :

the first of the visitor approaches the crowd. "hello" the strangely dressed man says "i am a man of god an i have been sent to you on a holy mission. there is a shrine to the west of here which i have been sent to bless. a path has been opened up to it but it has be overridden by zombies.
Spoiler :

get me to that shrine and my god will bless you with much gold. as an incentive i will give everyone 50 gold." at the mention of gold chucks eyes glaze over as the holy man tries to give him the gold."well i guess i can't give you any money with no money" Trail mix stifles a laugh.
Spoiler :

"secondly we have a man who has been spying on the two zombie camps". as the holy man takes a large hooded man begins to speak. "i have been watching you and the zombies for some time now and i have decide to help you. i have gathered info on both camps. the camp to the north has much more zombies defending it however some of these seem like they are almost human and i think would join your group if you could take out the settlement.
Spoiler :
the southern camp has much better protection. the zombies in there have captured a old knowledgeable warrior. i'm sure he would teach you the art of fighting if you were to rescue him.
Spoiler :
even now more and more zombies are rising, if you are going to attack you must soon.

Spoiler tl;dr :

Quest1: Take holyman to the shrine
Reward: a gold blessing from his god
Quest2: Capture northern barb city
Reward:Zombies join to help you
Quest3: Capture southern city
Reward: Taught by old man

Top Bottom