Reseed!

Version 5.2 updated
* Fixes a bug that prevented the map generation to work on computers without Gods & Kings.
* The mod won't prevent anymore the escape key to work.
* Changed the "preview map" button tooltip.

Hi again! I've finished my translation. This is the first time i 'm doing this, coz i'm really intrigued. The language code is zh-cn. You probably would wonder whether i come from civclub. Yes, but actually i'm new to that forum either. I came across your IGE on that forum,so i started to link them together.
I guess you're french. As soon as i saw your avatar of De Gaulle in civclub, i'm more certain of it. so ENCHANTE! I've learned some french back in high school. Though i'm not really good at it, i still love the language and the musics:).

All right, let's get back to the translation stuff.;).
1. I usually play in english version. Understanding the concept wouldn't be a problem, but translating some proper nouns is definitely another thing to me. I've checked the IGE translation file to fix this.
2. These codes at first confused me a lot. but when i recall my fundamental c language class in high school and realize that it is an artificial language, that wasn't really that hard. I can find some patterns in it.
BTW: I'm a college student majored in english linguistics
3. I've done all the testing on my pc. Everything works fine though not every circumstances occur in my tests.
Afterall, i'm sure it is the best version i can do now. But feel free to talk about it and UI adjustment things.

couples of things to be noticed:
1.Does VFS stand for Virtual File System? I've done some research, and find out this is the best match.
2.I've prserved the name "reseed" in the translation. But this word can be translated if you like to do so.
3.Some grammar issues of chinese has been explained in the xml file.(no code has been messed up)

Attachments

• RSD_EN_US.rar
    3.7 KB · Views: 429
Tu me vois tout aussi enchanté, César! :)
Indeed, I am a French-speaker, my avatar on CivClub was easier to recognize than this one (Georges Clemenceau). ;)

It's great, it seems like you put a lot of love into this translation. I hope you didn't find the texts too clumsy: your English is level is probably better than mine and I would not be surprised to learn that some of my sentences sound very strange. Finally I am glad to learn the gender/plurality management wasn't hard in the end because I was afraid it could repel potential translators.

To answer your questions:
* VFS indeed stands for virtual file system. It exists for two reasons: safety (mods cannot access the file system itself, only what has been put into the VFS) and content modifications by mods, DLC or expansions (without the VFS one would have to overwrite the original physical file, while with it one can just register a new file into the VFS under the same name).
* I think keeping "Reseed!" was the good choice.
* Regarding the problem mentioned in your file, since you do not need to handle plurality, I will indeed just rewrite the relevant sentences as follow: "{1_Count} 个宗教 已建立。". However I do not understand what you meant about "quantifying determiners". Is it actually an alternative way to deal with plurality by putting one word or the other depending on the 1_Count value, rather than modifying the verb and/or pronoun like we usually do in the West? If that so, could you not use the actual system (moving the variable part)?

PS: I will release your translation with v6 rather than a 5.3 because non-integer versions seem to be troublesome for Civ5. I would like to write the French one at the same time but my hands are pretty full right now, so it may take a few days. Anyway I will make sure v6 is released pretty soon, without fr_fr if needed.

@yche2990
Erf. Thank you very much but if you read the posts before yours, you will see that Caesar already provided one yesterday.

Regarding the fact that you could not preview it, it's because there are additional steps required and you need ModBuddy for that. Hence why I advise translators to modify the en_us version instead, so that only I have to take care of the rest.

Sorry about my misusing the terminology, because I never try to explain this in english. I used the Phrase Structure grammar terms to describe this linguistic phenomenon, which turns out to be wrong. What i was talking about is a unique parts of speech in chinese called CLASSIFIER which doesn't exist in western languages.
Briefly speaking, classifier is a part of the determiners that comes between the numerals and the nouns which cannot be omitted in any case. Details and exemples in wikipedia are very comprehensive. It has nothing to do with gender or plurality. So i think it's proper to attach it with the noun since a numeral always comes before it.

Indeed, it's much clearer now, Caesar, thank you. :)
Too bad we cannot live a dozen of lives at the same time, in one of them I would probably have learned Chinese and linguistics.

lol,I didn't read the posts at all...I thought he was going to translate into western linguistics. Anyway, I await for your next version...

hey, buddy. I think i saw you in civclub. I'm sorry i didn't know you were translating this mod. My apologies.:blush: This is my first time, and i wont do this too often, coz i have some other focuses. But i do think we can talk about translation techniques more often if you would like to. You're welcomed to check my translations. If u do find some errors or lines inapropriote, feel free to point that out.

Indeed, it's much clearer now, Caesar, thank you. :)
Too bad we cannot live a dozen of lives at the same time, in one of them I would probably have learned Chinese and linguistics.

I feel exactly the same about this. I was once very into computer techonology, but you have to make a choice. I guess " Vivre a en crever" would best express my life attitude. It is a song title of Mozart L'opera rock. Though i can't tell the precise meaning of it and most of the translation online are vague and inaccurate, i felt at my first sight it is the phrase i've long been looking for to express my feelings.

I feel exactly the same about this. I was once very into computer techonology, but you have to make a choice. I guess " Vivre a en crever" would best express my life attitude. It is a song title of Mozart L'opera rock. Though i can't tell the precise meaning of it and most of the translation online are vague and inaccurate, i felt at my first sight it is the phrase i've long been looking for to express my feelings.
I didn't even know that musical show. ^^
Even in French the meaning is quite open actually. Since "crever" is brutal (and somewhat disdainful), as opposed to "mourir", the usual, softer, verb, the expression "à en crever" conveys the idea to throw its body and soul into something without caring about everything else. You could use it for example with "travailler à en crever" (someone who would work 24/24 and 7/7 and neglect his health), "aimer à en crever" (someone who would burn itself into love and could die should he lose it), etc. It's also sometimes used as "heart-rendering" (belle à en crever - a heart-rendering beauty).

Here, it conveys the idea of a very active live, driven by an infuriated reject of the fear of death. This is the meaning the song choose. But it could also be the idea of living without caring about consequences neither worrying about tomorrow, possibly through an abuse of drugs, passions and dangers at the cost of a young death, something that would suit how the stories of the lives and deaths of some rock stars have been told. ;)

I kinda get what it means. The single is the epilogue of the show when mozart‘s rival salieri come to see him when he's dying. The reunion gives them a chance to forget hatred and rivalry, and together they spell out the meaning of their life. I can find some lines very philosophical in that song.

So if i have to translate this, which one should i choose?
candidates:
1. Live Life to the Fullest
2. Living enough to die
3. To suck out the marrows of life(My free translation:D, comes from Walden, Henry David Thoreau)
or other recommendations.
Merci pour votre explication!:)

@Caesar
Well, I do not share your enthusiasm for this show but if you are interested in cultural productions around Mozart you should watch the "Amadeus" movie if you never did. :)
Besides the soundtrack is top notch (obviously), no music can compare to the Dies Irae when it comes to a dramatic ending. ^^

Now, regarding the translations you suggested, all of them could be suitable but they pale in comparison to the strength of the original expression. So I would go with something less literal, like "devour life" or "rape life". Both verbs are very strong, they express a possessive desire and, more importantly, as in the French expression they carry a morbid meaning that opposes to life and provides the listener with an implicit and bitter remember of the natural term of its course.

I did have watched this classic and there's plenty of classical musics in my playlist. I've done a lot of research about mozart at that time. This show is definitely a innovative one because it combines the classical music and modern rock, but it's just one of my musical collections.

As for the translation you recommended, i think i can account that as untranslatability. Maybe i just should work more on my french to fully understand it.

Looking forward to your next release!:)

Well, you got the meaning correctly, it was just a matter of feeling. But I actually used previously an English expression that conveys quite a similar idea: to throw body and soul into life. While it does not have the morbid counterpoint, there is still something similar with the idea of abandoning yourself to life with an optional self-destructive meaning. :)

Regarding the next release, well no new feature in perspective (I am working on something else, not a mod but something for modders) but an important bugfix with the highlands and great plains maps. Those maps are bugged but the game deals with it, something that Reseed was not doing and that resulted in the absence of mountains. And also a fix for a casual rare bug with some maps for similar reasons.

Version 6 has been released.

Localizations
* Chinese version thanks to IVLIVSCAESAR

Bugfixes
* The maps tooltips were not displayed anymore after Reseed was used (fixed in 5.1)
* Reseed was unable to generate the map for users without G&K (fixed in 5.2)
* The escape key was not displaying the game menu when Reseed was enabled. (fixed in 5.2)
* Mountains were not generated on the highlands and great plains maps.
* In rare circumstances an error could occur during the map generation process.

Congrats to the new version!:goodjob:

Well, at first, your English expression "to throw body and soul into life" didn't rings a bell to me. It's probably bacause i was paying more attention to your examples.:lol: I suppose it is much clearer to me now.

BTW you accidentally missed an "S" in my name. hint: classical latin letters. (for your convenience to remember)

Oooops, sorry for the mistake in your name. I'm going to fix it now. ;)

EDIT: I was afraid the mistake was on the credits page and such. Fortunately, no, it is just on the post before. :)

Summary: Barbarian encampments that have appeared in tiles already explored by the player but currently within fog of war are permanently revealed after glancing at the map with Reseed

Steps to reproduce:
1. Explore some part of the map;
2. Leave the area to let it be covered by fog;
3. Wait until a barbarian encampment springs up in the area (unbeknownst to the player);
4. Open Reseed and glace at the map, discovers the new encampment (everything alright so far);
5. Unglace or close Reseed.

Expected result: Map returns to the exact same state as before glancing, without the encampment

Actual result: Encampment remains on the map, and a "Barbarian encampment discovered" alert is triggered (immediately upon unglace or closing Reseed)

In addition to "Show unknown resources", could "Show ruins and encampments" be added? And possibly "Show improvements"?

Top Bottom