Anno Domini Rise of Cities edition

Anno Domini: Rise of Cities edition (latest version dated November 9th 2016) 27

Edit: I should also note I did get the "free" shrine in my capital, but it was not free ... it was automatically placed in my capital, but it cost maintenance.

Edit 2 (Well, just didn't want to spam): I downloaded the updated version of the mod, started up an Israel game, and ... now I didn't even get the free shrine in my capital upon discovering Water Deities lol ... so, I don't know what happened :) I still have no mods installed apart from this one.
Not quite sure why this is at the moment, but I'll investigate. It's a good point that the "free" shrine costs maintenance; perhaps I'll pull the Yeshiva back to Water Deities and make it an upkeep-free improvement that appears in the first four cities.

I've been playing the mod for about a week now and I love it. I do have a suggestion though. I think trapping should either be made into a first tech or placed after woodworking. Also loading up a late start I noticed the Trireme and Quinquereme cost the same, the Quin should be more expensive. Finally the questions. Why are gold and silver revealed so late instead of at mining. Also it seems like certain resources are rare that shouldnt be, like wheat and salt. Though that is from playing only a few maps including modded mapscripts. Keep up the great work.

Thanks for the comments. I appreciate the thoughts about moving the techs around, but it would lose the balance it has if I did that. I've tried various formations prior to uploading the first version of the mod and trust me, this way does work and flow best. The trireme and quinquereme cost the same in the mod because they are discovered at the same time and are essentially the same strength, though one is a melee unit, the other a ranged unit. There is, however, a possibility of changing this so that there's another line of units between receiving these and the next step up, which doesn't come until Navigation. That could mean the trireme staying where it is and the quinquereme being an upgraded version of it and this being the melee line, then two other ships being their ranged counterparts. If I did this, probably I'd give the Byzantines a unique building and use their dromen as the ranged unit prior to the galleass.

Gold and silver are where they are because firstly, whilst they've always been around, they wouldn't have been recognised as valuable metals at the dawn of time, this came later. From a modding point of view, it's also good to introduce two new luxuries at the mid point in the game and these were good candidates.

Is there a easy way to tell how much luxury resources you have?
Yes there is - as per any civ game. Simply highlight the happiness icon in the top panel and it tells you what it's made up of - including the luxuries, which it lists.

In my version 7 game with no other mods I can get medics without owning citizenship and battlefield medicine. Is this a bug? Thanks for a great mod.
That's not as it should be then! I've checked and seem to have that policy set up wrong! I've corrected it now, so thanks for the heads up!

I really appreciate you guys testing the mod for me. Could I ask you comment on the website as well please?

I got a event called comet sighted. I had three choices to choose from and all had the same result -300 golden age points. Bug?

I have to say happiness is a real struggle so far. I would like to make a suggestion that you move Colosseum to Masonry to help with happiness.

I got a event called comet sighted. I had three choices to choose from and all had the same result -300 golden age points. Bug?

Nope, that's how it's supposed to be.

I have to say happiness is a real struggle so far. I would like to make a suggestion that you move Colosseum to Masonry to help with happiness.
It can be, don't be afraid to tick avoid growth until you get a new luxury or research happiness buildings. Im about 200 turns into a Kushan game and have 4 cities. My capital is at pop 13 and my other 3 cities are at 7, 11, and 3.
Note: I'm on prince difficulty.

It's as per Sukritacts events - on the comet sighting there's either a positive or negative outcome decided upfront. Whichever is decided, there's three responses, but all will end with the same result.

With all due respect, I won't. The reason is that I've really balanced this out so it would simulate a typical ancient empire; pre-bronze age, small, not able to branch out until about the iron age. You need to keep your empire compact at first, then start expanding. If it's any help, there's a couple of tradition policies on the second tier that will help your happiness quite significantly; Noah's Ark is +3 happiness and isn't pounced upon by the AI, so might be worth a look.

It's as per Sukritacts events - on the comet sighting there's either a positive or negative outcome decided upfront. Whichever is decided, there's three responses, but all will end with the same result.

With all due respect, I won't. The reason is that I've really balanced this out so it would simulate a typical ancient empire; pre-bronze age, small, not able to branch out until about the iron age. You need to keep your empire compact at first, then start expanding. If it's any help, there's a couple of tradition policies on the second tier that will help your happiness quite significantly; Noah's Ark is +3 happiness and isn't pounced upon by the AI, so might be worth a look.

First I want to say I love a challenge and I love how I have to work for everything in your mod. I sure don't want to change that in any way. The reason I'm having a hard time with happiness is I can't find any luxuries. The only luxury I have seen in my games is diamonds and I wasn't near them. I only play to the middle of Anno Aeris era before I start over, I do that a lot. The only luxury I have owned is shellfish because I built a dock. I do use a map script from Thal maybe that is a issue? I will try a stock map continents plus for my next game and see how it goes.

Reading up on them more, I would really, really like to see your civs released outside of this mod.

I have survivalism 3 and my Druid is healing 20 health a turn while moving. Is this correct?

Its probably the biggest civ 5 mod ever, right?

Reading up on them more, I would really, really like to see your civs released outside of this mod.
I've not done this for a couple of reasons. Firstly, Hiram has included some of them in the Forgotten Civs series. Secondly, the number of things civs now need is incredible; e.g. decisions and events support, music, maps etc. Finally, whilst the civs are unique within the mod itself, I've "stolen" a lot of things - particularly UAs - that would need to be changed if they were released outside of the mod.

I have survivalism 3 and my Druid is healing 20 health a turn while moving. Is this correct?
I think it will be :).

Its probably the biggest civ 5 mod ever, right?
I don't know. I've not seen another one this size though.

This mode has some bugs when i use a non English version of the game...

Absolutely I have news! I now have a little bit of time to work on the mod, as in about a day or so. So far, I've done some small amendments to artwork, corrected errors that have been pointed out here, and added an extra event. I expect to sort out Ideologies today/tomorrow, along with adding extra events and maybe trialling some decisions. Hoping to have version 8 available by Tuesday morning :).

Version eight is available!! Well almost - it's in the latter stages of uploading, so the first post of this thread will soon be updated with the new link.

The updates are in post two. The main update is the ideologies - all of them have new names and new civilopedia entries; some have had their effects tweaked to match the Anno Domini world, others have remained the same and a few have been replaced - after all, there's no spaceships in the ancient world :cooool:!!

Please take a look at the website; it's been fully updated and worth a visit, even if I say so myself ;)!

What I desperately need (but may not get!) are replacement units for the Great Writers, Great Adventurers (replacing Great Artists) and Great Philosophers (replacing Great Musicians). PLEASE help with this someone!!

Hello Rob,

Once again you made a fantastic mod, it is always a pleasure to play with it.

One question, I have the problem that persia's UU the Immortal is not buildable with bronze work. In general there is no spearman icon. What could be the problem?
I downloaded the latest update!

Hello Rob,

Once again you made a fantastic mod, it is always a pleasure to play with it.

One question, I have the problem that persia's UU the Immortal is not buildable with bronze work. In general there is no spearman icon. What could be the problem?
I downloaded the latest update!

Thanks for the feedback, which proves I'm not infallible!! To cut a long story short, I'd introduced the Sparabara as a bonus unit that replaced the Heavy Spearman - not as a unique unit, but as a flavour unit. At that time in the process, the Immortal replaced the normal spearman. However, when I changed things around and made the Immortal the Heavy Spearman replacement, I didn't change the Sparabara.

Sorry.

I will correct this immediately and it'll be in the next update. I'll edit this file and stick the corrected .xml files as an attachment for anyone who wants to correct the error now ;).

thank you!
My enemies don't make use of spearmen in the game when I'm playing persia. Only the barbarians do.
I thought I should mention, nevertheless awesome mod!!!!

Top Bottom