[Steam Released] Renaissance Era Revised

Let's take this as an example:

Code:
INSERT INTO Units (Type, Class, Combat, CombatClass)
VALUES                ('UNIT_C15_MUSKETDUDE', 'UNITCLASS_MUSKETMEN', 24, 'UNITCOMBAT_GUN');

CREATE TRIGGER Zwei_MusketManChange
ON INSERT INTO Units WHERE Class = 'UNITCLASS_MUSKETMEN' --I've never got triggers to work, so I don't know the exact working
UPDATE Units
SET CombatClass = 'UNITCOMBAT_RANGED', RangedCombat = Combat - 2, Combat = Combat - 2
WHERE Type = *.NEW --Or whatever the temporary variable is
END;

If that doesn't make sense, ask someone who knows triggers to write it out properly.

Google Translate says that those mean "Wild 'Tachi'" and "Scroll". Anywhere near what you intended?

[Edit]
Tachi is indeed a sword, but it just appears to be a precursor to the Katana. It's a start though, so thanks!

I will take a look of the code tomorrow, thanks!

not 'Tachi', but Nodachi(野太刀) and Nagamaki(長卷).

Narrowed it down to two choices: the Naginata or the Yari. Which do you think would be best suited to being given at Large Weapons?

[Edit]
I think all three of us may have just ninja'd each other...

I choose Naginata, which can be described as a glaive or a pole-sword.

Yari is a pike.

Are you plan to make a new Japan civ? :D

No, I was just looking to see whether I could justify giving my Samurai a bonus against pikes upon discovering Large Weapons. We have spent the last 2 hours deciding on the name for a promotion... is that a record?

Although, I guess I might make a proper Japan civ one day - haven't had any ideas for one, though, especially since Japan is so saturated because of that mod that makes 14 of the things.

Hello, to those who have been patiently waiting for this mod(I hope!): after my last exam end in Jan.14th and I have enough time to continue on modding, I would probably release a beta for RER in next week, but the Beta would be on CFC only -- I don't want to release it on Steam until I do some bug fixes and necessary update.

I have already updated some of the unit icons, not important re-draw, just better icon background(thanks for DJSHenninger!), you can see them on the Wikia Page.

And, well, I always think the tech icon of Metallurgy seems too 'medieval', not suit for the Renaissance era, so I make a new icon for Metallurgy which showing the cavalry amours in renaissance era, what do you think of it?

P.S. I still need a quote text for the technology Pike and Shot, I would be grateful if someone can find a quote text for it.

Attachments

• tech.png
    tech.png
    64.3 KB · Views: 798
Hello, to those who have been patiently waiting for this mod(I hope!): after my last exam end in Jan.14th and I have enough time to continue on modding, I would probably release a beta for RER in next week, but the Beta would be on CFC only -- I don't want to release it on Steam until I do some bug fixes and necessary update.

I have already updated some of the unit icons, not important re-draw, just better icon background(thanks for DJSHenninger!), you can see them on the Wikia Page.

And, well, I always think the tech icon of Metallurgy seems too 'medieval', not suit for the Renaissance era, so I make a new icon for Metallurgy which showing the cavalry amours in renaissance era, what do you think of it?

P.S. I still need a quote text for the technology Pike and Shot, I would be grateful if someone can find a quote text for it.

Quick question: what will happen to lancer UUs?

Beta Release!
Direct Download | Steam Subscribe

The Beta version of RER release on the CFC, will be on Steam after some updates.

I'm looking toward feedbacks, please tell me if there is any bug, unbalance and anything you want to add into the mod.

Screenshot of the units:

That upon seeing you armed of fulminant rays,
Alas Jupiter, your valorous right hand,
think I that the giants have returned to this land.

Francisco de Quevedo. To Phillipe III

That upon seeing you armed of fulminant rays,
Alas Jupiter, your valorous right hand,
think I that the giants have returned to this land.

Francisco de Quevedo. To Phillipe III

Thank you! Will add this on in the next version.

Quick note: You haven't stopped the Longswordsman from upgrading into a Musketman. You'll probably need to set up a trigger to do this for any modded Longswordsmen, too.

Quick note: You haven't stopped the Longswordsman from upgrading into a Musketman. You'll probably need to set up a trigger to do this for any modded Longswordsmen, too.

I did(but I will check again) IIRC, just no idea why it shows Longswordsman upgrade to both musketman and two-hander in EUI's unit info box.

I think it is a good idea to make the unique longswordsman last longer.

Still no idea how to use a trigger…:sad:

TBH, I didn't actually check it, I just read it in the EUI tooltip too :p

I think most unique Longswordsmen have later obsolete points anyway, because of their short lifespan.

I'm still in the same boat - they look simple enough, but that doesn't mean they're going to work...

I don't suppose there was a name used for a fighting style required by large weapons? It could replace the current tech name for large weapons.
I don't like the name too, maybe just polearms as Uighur_Caesar suggested, may change in next version.

FYI, Reiter has the same cost as EE's Cuirassier - reduce the Reiter to ~150 hammers?

[Edit] Also noticed that the Musketeers and Janissaries still don't obsolete/upgrade until Industrialisation/Gat Guns when using EE (bearing in mind that Gat Guns aren't at Industrialisation when using EE). Vanilla Musketman is fine, though.

Top Bottom