Angels

Nomad or What

Wayfarer
Supporter
Flying angel unit; uses the Eagle Knight custom animations with modified BFMEII elf skin. Presently in white, brown and red. I am also planning on changing the weapon and improving the effects, so check back periodically for updates.

EDIT 04/28/15: Added brown and red skins.

:)

Nice one Nomad! Where did the wings come from?

They are the Eagle Knight unit wings; I just stitched one of the BFME II elf units to them :)

This was so easy to do; I inserted it as an .obj and did a bone weight copy, then exported to .br2 and did a mesh overwrite of the existing Eagle Knight .gr2 file. Took about 30 mins tops.

I wouldn't get too fixated on these animations, honestly... the spear throwing is a bit lame...
Maybe you could remove the spear model and rig the Mayan Atlatl effect to it?

Oh, I don't intend on keeping all of the animations; there is always the potential to modify that animation in the future. The rest of them are in pretty good shape, however; if the intent to create a hybrid flying/landing unit ever took form, half of the anims are already complete and the admittedly crappy spear throwing animation can be replaced with the unit landing and attacking with a sword, for instance.

The idea behind importing custom anims is to save time by not having to do them all from scratch. My beholder animations are fairly simple and yet they are taking a tremendous amount of time to complete. There is a good set of animations in this model; a little tweaking can go a long way.

This is what I was waiting for :)

...and it will keep getting better. I am going to make a variant animation for this where the unit will land to attack; it will wield a sword and shield instead of a spear. In addition, I will be adding effects and a new skin (from SeZerith's Sphener FFH unit). More to follow!

Hi Everyone,

I would like to install a unit like the Succubus for my civilization. Is there a chance that there will be this model also in a female version?

Unfortunately, I do not understand the instructions for creating models for Civ 5. :-(
But the Skins for models i can draw up.

Hi Everyone,

I would like to install a unit like the Succubus for my civilization. Is there a chance that there will be this model also in a female version?

Unfortunately, I do not understand the instructions for creating models for Civ 5. :-(
But the Skins for models i can draw up.

I have a succubus with custom animations but I am just too busy to get to it right now. It is always a matter of priority; what may seem to you as strange is actually planned. For instance, the Eagle Knights (for which I have no use) had decent animations for an Angel unit and also diabolical units in the future with only a few animation modifications. A succubus is only good animation-wise for that unit and nothing else, which is why I haven't gotten to it. One of these days I will, but probably not soon.

I have a succubus with custom animations but I am just too busy to get to it right now. It is always a matter of priority; what may seem to you as strange is actually planned. For instance, the Eagle Knights (for which I have no use) had decent animations for an Angel unit and also diabolical units in the future with only a few animation modifications. A succubus is only good animation-wise for that unit and nothing else, which is why I haven't gotten to it. One of these days I will, but probably not soon.

Ohh Thats great!

Now i can look forword to your Model of a Succubus.

Wait a little does not matter.

Thanks

Top Bottom