Advanced Naval Units - Discussion Thread

labriejp

Jack of all trades
If anyone has anything to add/comment/post about my newly released companion mod

Advanced Naval Units

Please discuss here or on the modpack thread.

I hope you all enjoy, I do have a little bit of work left on the mod, but it is more than ready for public Beta release.

(And will always be Free!)

Cheers!

Hi there - first off, thanks for the massive amount of work your mods must have taken! I'm really excited about checking them out.

For some reason, though, they cause my game to crash on launch (immediately after clicking "begin your journey" upon starting a new game). I'm running the Steam version of the game on Mac OS 10.9. I've tried versions of the Advanced Air Units dependency both with and without the modified .dll file. I'm not running any other mods.

I've seen on other threads that you're not a mac user yourself, so I'm just posting in the hopes that others have run into this issue and may have a solution.

Thanks again and keep up the good work!

It shouldn't crash, especially with the non-dll version. make sure the computer is beefy enough to handle it. try turning gpu-texture decode off and lowering graphics settings.??

Add pls seahawk and seahuey as SEAHELICOPTER unit to be able to land on LHD.
And SeaAPACHE wont be bad.

Oh my is that a lot of new vessels. I wish that the AI was optimized better for naval warfare. As is it's so terrible at it that I tend to avoid water levels altogether, but I'll give the mod a shot just to see what it's like to wreck the AI with the Ticonderoga.

Looks very nice, definite A+ for polish, though.

Do you think , will this help ?

<Type>UNIT_LHD888</Type>
<SpecialCargo>SPECIALUNIT_SEAHELICOPTER, SPECIALUNIT_HELIMISSILES </SpecialCargo>

If you think , this is a lot of new units , see this : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=464817218
i think , some units is little overpowered, so i deleted a lot of promotions . And this is , why i need Ship of the line unit for other civs.

But back to my problem

Add pls seahawk and seahuey as SEAHELICOPTER unit to be able to land on LHD.
And SeaAPACHE wont be bad.

Do you think , will this help ?
<Type>UNIT_LHD888</Type>
<SpecialCargo>SPECIALUNIT_SEAHELICOPTER, SPECIALUNIT_HELIMISSILES</SpecialCargo>

edit : I tryied it and the LHD and WASP was able to hold every cargo.Stealths, nuclear missiles, seahelicopters, helimissile, fighters......
Any help ?

Top Bottom