German multicultural society "has failed" -- Chancellor Merkel

By inviting a foreign nation to kill them through war and disease, drive the survivors into the wilderness, and repopulate the country with poor migrant workers? :mischief:
We could go along with that narrative if you want to go along with the one that involves the creation of the English, Welsh, and Scottish national identities and modern Britishness through mass genocide during the so-called Dark Ages, since that one's about as accurate. If you're going to be wrong, you might as well be wrong about everything.

Pull the other one! :p

There are idiots everywhere including your country. You have the BNP do you not?

New York City is probably one of the most ethnically diverse cities in the world, I don't know what to tell you there.

Genocide is how things work. Might makes right and all that stuff.

Of course, after we invented agriculture it wasn't so much genocides as slavery and later the conquered people being a "lower class" than the conquerors.

New York City is probably one of the most ethnically diverse cities in the world, I don't know what to tell you there.

It is the most ethnically diverse large city in the world, and it's not close.

We could go along with that narrative if you want to go along with the one that involves the creation of the English, Welsh, and Scottish national identities and modern Britishness through mass genocide during the so-called Dark Ages, since that one's about as accurate. If you're going to be wrong, you might as well be wrong about everything.
Touched a nerve there, eh? :p

There are idiots everywhere including your country. You have the BNP do you not?
Yes, but I never claimed that the UK represents a mulicultural wonderland. It is self-evidently not. :p

Yeah you can. If you mean by "history", culture than you brits were probably the best at it.

If it weren't for your past empire English wouldn't be such a commonly spoken language across the world, and western culture wouldn't be so prevalent.
That would've been a tad more cutting if I lived in a Gaelic-speaking country, don't you think? :mischief:

Not very, though. It was a pretty random come-back in the first place. :crazyeye:

That would've been a tad more cutting if I lived in a Gaelic-speaking country, don't you think?

Not very, though. It was a pretty lame come-back in the first place.

Well your tag there says U.K so i assumed you were a brit. I dont know what part of Britain but it is your country right? Maybe you should update your tag.

My assumption was based on your tag i have no clue about Gaelic.

Well your tag there says U.K so i assumed you were a brit. I dont know what part of Britain but it is your country right? Maybe you should update your tag.

My assumption was based on your tag i have no clue about Gaelic.
Oh, I'm am a Brit. That doesn't make me an Anglo-Saxon. :p

I could as easily say the same about your post. ;)
Aw, well, no harm done. Kiss and make-up? ;)

To all you Germans:

Do you have these "immigrant-clusters" in your cities? That is, apartment blocks that are mostly (if not almost completely) populated by immigrants?

It is the most ethnically diverse large city in the world, and it's not close.

The second most ethnically diverse large city in the world is Chicago, 3rd is Los Angeles, fourth is Houston...

USA #1 :smug:

Northern Virginia is pretty diverse too.

If you mean swarms of hispanics and koreans with a light sprinkle of ethopians, arabs and a touch up of other assorted nationalities I guess so.

The second most ethnically diverse large city in the world is Chicago, 3rd is Los Angeles, fourth is Houston...

I dont know what your definition is, but there will be more languages spoken over dinner tonight in London than any other city on earth. London no 1 baby.

Considering America was built on immigration from all corners of the globe, it's not exactly an achievment. It's more like a statement of fact.

If you mean swarms of hispanics and koreans with a light sprinkle of ethopians, arabs and a touch up of other assorted nationalities I guess so.
You're in Fairfax and you forgot our Viet community? They'll make sure you remember them come February 3.

Top Bottom