[WIP] 3rd Unique Component Project

Released Add-ons

Known Issues

The third unique components do not show in the Civ list when starting a new game and in the DOM panel
This can be fixed by using the Enhanced User Interface DLC

Drawing Board

America - ?
(Saloon to be revamped)

Assyria - Karum
New Improvement
Must be build in a :c5citystate: City-State's lands
Bonus to Caravan :trade: Trade Route established with that city
Supplies a copy of all strategic resources possessed by the city

Babylon - Ziggurat / Ishtar Gate

Brazil - Sambadrome
(being updated)

China - Junk Ship
(coming up)

Korea - Seowon
(being updated)

Sweden - Indelningsverket
Replaces Armory
+15 XP to all Units
If City follows the same religion as the majority of your Cities then:
+10% :c5production: Production towards Units
+15 XP to Gunpowder Units

Siam - Sala
New Improvement
Must be built on roads and can't be built adjacent to another Sala
+1 :c5faith: Faith and +1 :c5culture: Culture
+5HP healed per turn to units stationed in a Sala
Doubles bonus if next to a river or lake

The Netherlands - Waag
Replaces Bank
Keeps the Bank benefits
+0.5 :c5production: Production per resource traded in the city
+10% :c5gold: Gold from trade routes

Doesn't currently work with BNW (needs changes merging into at least three core files), and as it's only a cosmetic fix, it's not high on my list of priorities.

Still, it can give pointers as to what and where to modify the core files. ;)

This is a great idea for a mod. I played with the Basilica some time ago, and found it somewhat underwhelming. I think one should consider whether one could find a different solution?

The Stave Church seems a bit of a misfit with Renaissance Sweden. I'd put it with Denmark and take the Ski Infantry out. There's also a Longboat floating around, wasn't that from one of the scenarios - or was that the Mead Hall?

Are you implementing these as you go? Because last I recall it wasn't possible to have a Courthouse which still functioned as intended that could be built in all cities. Also, unique Aqueducts are still bugged in that you do not receive them with the Tradition Finisher.

For some helpful suggestions, I can offer: the Nilometer for Egypt, art of which you can find in the Wonders of the Ancient World scenario.

Spoiler :

This is a great idea for a mod. I played with the Basilica some time ago, and found it somewhat underwhelming. I think one should consider whether one could find a different solution?

The Stave Church seems a bit of a misfit with Renaissance Sweden. I'd put it with Denmark and take the Ski Infantry out. There's also a Longboat floating around, wasn't that from one of the scenarios - or was that the Mead Hall?

The idea that lead me to make this mod is to add u.c. without replacing others

I've look into the Stave Church history and concluded that they were more prominent in Swedish lands. They fit well in Sweden as a reminder of old traditions (Norse ones) and the acceptance of newer (Christianity)

For Denmark I've found that their Longhouse had great meaning in their lives and so it couldn't be forgotten. I could have add the Longship but it already had two unique units. I believe that removing the Ski Infantry with it would unbalance them.

Are you implementing these as you go? Because last I recall it wasn't possible to have a Courthouse which still functioned as intended that could be built in all cities. Also, unique Aqueducts are still bugged in that you do not receive them with the Tradition Finisher.

For some helpful suggestions, I can offer: the Nilometer for Egypt, art of which you can find in the Wonders of the Ancient World scenario.

Spoiler :

Thank you, I had looked into that but was bit unsure whether to add a second unit or building to Egypt.

As for the Basilica, it's from whoward69, so it's great. It actually adds two buildings, one for occupied and one for unoccupied cities.

As for the Aqueduct replacement, I've completely forgot the Tradition finisher, I'll check it out.

Thanks

Numitor did an agora icon. This is copied from the "Ancient Mediterranean Civs" thread by Ambrox62 and Numitor (there may be other useful icons here for your project):

Oh yes, you are so right. Anyway, buildings, techs and units are connected with techtree. I made some Icons (just the icons) for a few ancient buildings/technologies and offered to Putmalk for Putmalk's Ancient World Mod.

Spoiler :

Some ideas:

America: UU: Pioneers: Replacement for Cavalry? Ignores terrain cost and may settle cities.
Inca: UU: Chasqui: Replacement for Scout. Double movement on hills, may build roads after discovering the Wheel.
Japan: UB: Dojo: Use the one from Whoward.
Venice: UB: Canals: Replace Garden, GP rate for Great Artists/Musicians/Writers increased.

Some ideas:

America: UU: Pioneers: Replacement for Cavalry? Ignores terrain cost and may settle cities.
Inca: UU: Chasqui: Replacement for Scout. Double movement on hills, may build roads after discovering the Wheel.
Japan: UB: Dojo: Use the one from Whoward.
Venice: UB: Canals: Replace Garden, GP rate for Great Artists/Musicians/Writers increased.

For Japan and Venice those where exactly my choices
For America and Inca as they already have two UU I'm more into adding a UB

Feel free to take whatever you like from my American Domination mod if you're looking for ideas for America. I use whowards Cavalry Garrison there.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=159947891

Thanks, I'm looking for an American UB, I don't think that the Cavalrly Garrison is exactly what I'm looking for

PS: I'll be adding a table with all ideas or possibilities for remaining civs

For America and Inca as they already have two UU I'm more into adding a UB

I agree with America... But the Inca don't have two UU, they have a UU (The Slinger) and a UI (Terrace Farms), so a second UU isn't out of order...

But, if you still prefer a UB instead of the Chasquis (which would be great for their relationship with Quipus, the Incan communication system), you could have a Yachaywasi, as a replacement for Public School or University, perhaps granting some faith and science bonuses. I still prefer the Chasquis though :p...

Here's something, I was messing with a pic on this came out it's a Greek Ágora :crazyeye:

Top Bottom