[WIP] 3rd Unique Component Project

The Medieval Hulk ship. The Zulu men loved their cattles so you could make the Kraal give a bonus to cattle.

Alright so for the Kraal I was thinking on a fortified pasture with some other bonus, faith most likely

There's nothing else for the Shoshone so I guess the Tipi is confirmed.
Any ideas for it?

The Hulk? I don't think Bruce Banner is polish :crazyeye:

1st post updated ;)

2nd post also updated

In addition with Germany, Teutonic Knight - Replaces Knight.
Tipi works. Kraal sounds good as well, and I like that you are going to add faith along with it.

Additions to my suggestions:

Civilization 3rd UC Replacing Status
America Evangelist Missionary +100 Gold on expenditure.
Spain Dunaminica Spearman May use a weak ranged attack at the cost of 1 movement.
England Stone Row/Redcoat Shrine/Musket-man +2 City Defense, +1 Faith/+25% vs. Mounted Units, +25% vs. Gunpowder Units
Germany Rathaus/Teutonic Knight Courthouse/Knight Half cost courthouse. +1 Culture/+25% Combat bonus against
Huns Duna/Assa-Barai Chariot-Archer/Horseman +15% Combat bonus vs. Cities/Ranged attack along with +15% Combat bonus vs. Mounted
Netherlands Timberhall Barracks 10% unit exp, +10% Prod, +10% Trade.
Shoshone Tipi Granary Free/Automatic pasture creation. +1 Food from Pastures worked by this city.
Assyria Redu/Karum Spearman/Harbour +100% vs. Mounted, +25% Combat Bonus in Rough Terrain/+10% Gold, +50% Trade Yield, +1F from Clam, Crab, Fish.
Austria Ktistai Horseman Higher Defense rating. Generates Faith in battle.
Babylon Zanteush Spearman +50% vs. Melee Units and Mounted Units.
China Junk Cargo Ship +1 Gold +1 Culture
Egypt Peltast Archer 10% DEF from Ranged attacks. Ignores terrain cost.
Indonesia Borobudur/Chandra Cha-ana Temple?/Amphitheater?
Iroquois War Chief General Spawns 2 military units on birth. 1 military unit spawn on expenditure.
Persia Chanter Missionary Spawns on discovery of pottery, May found/spread a pantheon, +30Faith on expenditure.
Poland Drapanai Warrior +15% Combat Bonus vs. Melee.
Portugal Scutari/Encampment Longswordsman/Wall 15% Combat bonus in own territory/City spawns 2-3 Military units upon capture.
Russia Kurgan/Skuda Shrine/Horseman +1 Faith, +1Culture, +35G on completion/May Pillage at 1 Movement cost. 3 Movement.
Zulus Kraal Pasture Defensive Bonus. +1 Faith.

America
You made ​​your point and I'm sold, Saloon it will be

Iroquois
My idea for Forest Prowler goes in that line

Songhai
Well it does seem more unique than another Mali unit (both Skirmisher and Mandekalu are from Mali)

You already have these mods or they're just ideas?

I "made them" well did the xml, haven't uploaded suppose I can do that for you if you want. Like I said though, I haven't done any artwork though.

The Medieval Hulk ship. The Zulu men loved their cattles so you could make the Kraal give a bonus to cattle.

Oh that Hulk. I'll look into it
Yes I was considering that.
So the Kraal, replaces the pasture, 1 food bonus to cattle and 1 faith

In addition with Germany, Teutonic Knight - Replaces Knight.
Tipi works. Kraal sounds good as well, and I like that you are going to add faith along with it.

Additions to my suggestions:

Civilization 3rd UC Replacing Status
America Evangelist Missionary +100 Gold on expenditure.
Spain Dunaminica Spearman May use a weak ranged attack at the cost of 1 movement.
England Stone Row/Redcoat Shrine/Musket-man +2 City Defense, +1 Faith/+25% vs. Mounted Units, +25% vs. Gunpowder Units
Germany Rathaus/Teutonic Knight Courthouse/Knight Half cost courthouse. +1 Culture/+25% Combat bonus against
Huns Duna/Assa-Barai Chariot-Archer/Horseman +15% Combat bonus vs. Cities/Ranged attack along with +15% Combat bonus vs. Mounted
Netherlands Timberhall Barracks 10% unit exp, +10% Prod, +10% Trade.
Shoshone Tipi Granary Free/Automatic pasture creation. +1 Food from Pastures worked by this city.
Assyria Redu/Karum Spearman/Harbour +100% vs. Mounted, +25% Combat Bonus in Rough Terrain/+10% Gold, +50% Trade Yield, +1F from Clam, Crab, Fish.
Austria Ktistai Horseman Higher Defense rating. Generates Faith in battle.
Babylon Zanteush Spearman +50% vs. Melee Units and Mounted Units.
China Junk Cargo Ship +1 Gold +1 Culture
Egypt Peltast Archer 10% DEF from Ranged attacks. Ignores terrain cost.
Indonesia Borobudur/Chandra Cha-ana Temple?/Amphitheater?
Iroquois War Chief General Spawns 2 military units on birth. 1 military unit spawn on expenditure.
Persia Chanter Missionary Spawns on discovery of pottery, May found/spread a pantheon, +30Faith on expenditure.
Poland Drapanai Warrior +15% Combat Bonus vs. Melee.
Portugal Scutari/Encampment Longswordsman/Wall 15% Combat bonus in own territory/City spawns 2-3 Military units upon capture.
Russia Kurgan/Skuda Shrine/Horseman +1 Faith, +1Culture, +35G on completion/May Pillage at 1 Movement cost. 3 Movement.
Zulus Kraal Pasture Defensive Bonus. +1 Faith.

I'll look into those better
The Kraal is settled but for the Tipi I still don't see what to do with them... perhaps a UI exclusive to plains...

I "made them" well did the xml, haven't uploaded suppose I can do that for you if you want. Like I said though, I haven't done any artwork though.

As you can see some of the UC I've upload are lacking artwork so that won't be a problem

I'll hopefully get around to uploading stuff I've done tomorrow...

In the meanwhile a few ideas that I haven't done anything on, but I'll throw out there

Dutch UB - Paltrok mill (Replace windmill) - A type of windmill found almost primarily in Germany and the Netherlands. Potentially could give +1 production to forest/marsh tiles (it was designed to "save timber")

China UB/UI - Dam - Gives a food bonus to water tiles (Based off the ancient China dam systems)
UU - Fubing (Pikeman) - Can build farms, combat bonus near farms (More the name of a system of drafting people, perhaps read up on it then make a decision)

Persia UU - Clibanarii (Knight replacement) - Basically a Persian version of a cataphract

Arab UU - Hijazi Bow (Longbowman replacement) - Bonus vs mounted units

Russia - Just an idea to move a krepost into a UI fort replacement to open up a UB or UU option ?

I'll hopefully get around to uploading stuff I've done tomorrow...

In the meanwhile a few ideas that I haven't done anything on, but I'll throw out there

Dutch UB - Paltrok mill (Replace windmill) - A type of windmill found almost primarily in Germany and the Netherlands. Potentially could give +1 production to forest/marsh tiles (it was designed to "save timber")

China UB/UI - Dam - Gives a food bonus to water tiles (Based off the ancient China dam systems)
UU - Fubing (Pikeman) - Can build farms, combat bonus near farms (More the name of a system of drafting people, perhaps read up on it then make a decision)

Persia UU - Clibanarii (Knight replacement) - Basically a Persian version of a cataphract

Arab UU - Hijazi Bow (Longbowman replacement) - Bonus vs mounted units

Russia - Just an idea to move a krepost into a UI fort replacement to open up a UB or UU option ?

The problem with the Dutch is that since they already have the Polder I wanted to go in another direction and I'm more inclined to make a Bank replacement

China I still have to see

The Clibanarii is for now one of the strongest options for Persia

Arabia is done and I believe the Madrasah suits them very well

For Russia t's a good idea but, like China, I still have to look into it

Right now the Eagle is almost fully operational and it looks great!
If someone could help on the art it would be amazing

Some people have drugs problem, I have filter problems :p, so, in my experimatation I finish these 3 4 types of Ger
Spoiler :

To me the first one is the best, is a mix of plain colors and real photography, like ''A Scanner Darkly'' style

More Uniques |
Civilization | Unique Component|
America | Navy SEAL (Marine) |
Arabia | Madrassa (University) |
Austria | Lanwehr (Great War Infantary) |
Aztecs | Eagle Warrior (Archer) |
Babylon (DLC)| Sappers (Axeman), Qurute - Replacing Bowmen|
Byzantium | Hilsside Monastery (UI) |
Carthage | Numidian Mercenary (Horse Archer) |
Celts | Iceni Chariots (Chariot) |
China | Junker (Caravel) |
Denmark | Drakkar (Galleass) , Housecarl (Axeman) - Replacing Norwegian Ski Infantary|
Egypt | Mamelukes |
England | Redcoat (Musketman) |
Ethiopia | Oromo Warrior (Warrior) |
France | Salon (Avaible at Architecture ) |
Germany | U Boat (Submarine) |
Greece | Agora (Market) |
Huns | Yurt (UI - Construction) |
Inca | |
India | Sepoy (Musketman) |
Iroquois | Mohawahk Prowler (Axeman) |
Japan | Dojo (Barracks) |
Korea | Seowon (University) |
Maya | Holkan (Spearmen) |
Mongolia | Ger (Stable) or Laminate Bowman (Composite Bowman)|
Netherlands | Scheepswerf (Seaport) |
Persia | Sparabara (Spearmen) |
Polynesia (DLC)| Double Headed Canoe (Galley) |
Ottomans | Hamam (Public Baths) |
Rome | Thermae (Public Baths) |
Russia | Hind (Helicopter Gunship) |
Siam | Seri Thai (Shrine) |
Songhai | Sofa (Pikeman) |
Spain | | Bull Ring (Theatre)
Sweden | Leather Cannon (Cannon)

if this helps

Spain | Scutari (Swordman)
Sweden | Longboat (Trireme)
Danish | Dragonship (Galleass)
Byzantine | Varangian Guard (Pikeman)
Korea | Turtle Ship (Galleass)
Japan | Zero (Fighter)

I like it

Some people have drugs problem, I have filter problems :p, so, in my experimatation I finish these 3 4 types of Ger
Spoiler :

To me the first one is the best, is a mix of plain colors and real photography, like ''A Scanner Darkly'' style

I'll have to test them in game, although they don't seem as good as the Agora

More Uniques |
Civilization | Unique Component|
America | Navy SEAL (Marine) |
Arabia | Madrassa (University) |
Austria | Lanwehr (Great War Infantary) |
Aztecs | Eagle Warrior (Archer) |
Babylon (DLC)| Sappers (Axeman), Qurute - Replacing Bowmen|
Byzantium | Hilsside Monastery (UI) |
Carthage | Numidian Mercenary (Horse Archer) |
Celts | Iceni Chariots (Chariot) |
China | Junker (Caravel) |
Denmark | Drakkar (Galleass) , Housecarl (Axeman) - Replacing Norwegian Ski Infantary|
Egypt | Mamelukes |
England | Redcoat (Musketman) |
Ethiopia | Oromo Warrior (Warrior) |
France | Salon (Avaible at Architecture ) |
Germany | U Boat (Submarine) |
Greece | Agora (Market) |
Huns | Yurt (UI - Construction) |
Inca | |
India | Sepoy (Musketman) |
Iroquois | Mohawahk Prowler (Axeman) |
Japan | Dojo (Barracks) |
Korea | Seowon (University) |
Maya | Holkan (Spearmen) |
Mongolia | Ger (Stable) or Laminate Bowman (Composite Bowman)|
Netherlands | Scheepswerf (Seaport) |
Persia | Sparabara (Spearmen) |
Polynesia (DLC)| Double Headed Canoe (Galley) |
Ottomans | Hamam (Public Baths) |
Rome | Thermae (Public Baths) |
Russia | Hind (Helicopter Gunship) |
Siam | Seri Thai (Shrine) |
Songhai | Sofa (Pikeman) |
Spain | | Bull Ring (Theatre)
Sweden | Leather Cannon (Cannon)

if this helps

Some are done and other are already planed but there're some ideas I can use

Spain | Scutari (Swordman)
Sweden | Longboat (Trireme)
Danish | Dragonship (Galleass)
Byzantine | Varangian Guard (Pikeman)
Korea | Turtle Ship (Galleass)
Japan | Zero (Fighter)

All of these civs are already done, thank you for the suggestions

There are so many alternatives, I might do a 4th unique after this :crazyeye:

I've been working on the units, the Eagle and the Chasqui are done, only some art requiring, will post a screen soon.
However for the Forest Prowler I'm having a little trouble, I want to give them a special ability that makes them invisible in forests, can anyone help coding this in lua?

So, I've been working on some units, Eagle (Aztec replacement for Scout), Chasqui (Inca replacement for Scout) and Forest Prowler (Iroquois replacement for Musketman).

I was also working on the Oromo Warrior (Ethiopia replacement for Musketman) but wasn't happy with the results, partly because Ethiopia as a unique Rifleman...

I've also finished the Waag (Weigh House) the Dutch replacement for Bank (I'm not sure what sounds best, in dutch or in english)

The Eagle
As replacer for the Scout it's more like a Warrior in Scout shoes.
Same strength and cost of a Warrior, with +1 visibility and, like the Jaguar, it heals when destroying an enemy. Also having the Scout abbility of ignoring terrain cost.
The gameplay was great, having two strong units who move fast through the terrain is good for initial exploration and for clearing several barbarian camps. Also good to wager early wars, capture some civilians and so...

The Chasqui
Simple Scout replacer with the ability to build roads and a promotion called "Andean Runner" (similar to Kilimanjaro's Altitude Training, but only defensive bonus).
The gameplay was a surprise! as the Incas start in regions with a lot of hills this unit is remarkably fast. A great suggestion by Leugi

The Forest Prowler
This Iroquois unit is not yet finished.
As of now it replaces the Musketman, weaker in melee but has the ability to perform ranged attacks, this in addition to the promotions it will have will make it the perfect forest guerrilla unit.
So, the promotions is what this unit is lacking. It will have two:
  1. one, a promotion that will make him invisible in forests (this requires lua which I'm not familiar with, should be available next week)
  2. and second, a promotion that should make him move after attacking, awkwardly the existent promotion doesn't work with ranged attacks, if someone could help with this I'd appreciate it :)

The Waag
Dutch replacer for Bank
It doubles the gold that normal Banks generate in trade routes, meaning, 2 for city owner and 1 for route owner is now 4 for city owner and 2 for route owner.
Also adds a copy of every luxury worked by the city

Attached is my attempt at the Eagle icon, looking for feedback.
I'll be requiring art for this units. They all need a icon and a flag (also as SV)
If someone is interested in doing these please let me now
They all have unit member art, credit goes for danrell (Eagle), JTitan (Chasqui) and Patum333 (Forest Prowler)

Have fun!

Attachments

• 2013-08-07_00003.jpg
    2013-08-07_00003.jpg
    368 KB · Views: 300
like the Jaguar, it heals when destroying an enemy

I feel you should re-think this. What's the point of adding a whole new unique to a civ when that unique just has the same ability as the unique they already have? IMO, there should be no overlap between the units (that type of overlap is more fitted to a UA than a UU).

I feel you should re-think this. What's the point of adding a whole new unique to a civ when that unique just has the same ability as the unique they already have? IMO, there should be no overlap between the units (that type of overlap is more fitted to a UA than a UU).

I just thought that as these were the elite of the Aztec army and were so alike they should share an ability, if it feels off I'll think of something else

Top Bottom