A Civ of Thrones - Development Thread

Maybe this is an idea for King's Landing? A City State that gives additional votes (more than one) for the "Kings Council" (Or what name you gave it), and a little bit of the other bonusus when allied? (+3 Faith, +3 Culture, +2 Happines, +3 food in Capital +1 in other)

Maybe this is an idea for King's Landing? A City State that gives additional votes (more than one) for the "Kings Council" (Or what name you gave it), and a little bit of the other bonusus when allied? (+3 Faith, +3 Culture, +2 Happines, +3 food in Capital +1 in other)

I really like this idea. It really makes competing for kings landing a priority. Can you imagine the drama when you and a rival compete for the city. I can see kings landing being flush with money and a military when everyone tries to gain influence. And the quest!!!

Can you make quests unique to Kings Landing? That would be REALLY interesting.

I was just imagining Aerys's potential quests during a Roberts Rebellion scenario. They could be provacative or eccentric quests that you have to decide if you want to do.

I'm back!

That sounds good!

Policy Changes:
Espionage Removed, Rationalism is back! Science Victory possible through a Project whose purpose is to resurrect Dragons (Citadel will help in this)!

Wonders Changes (no more Essos related wonders ):

Tradition: Water Gardens - +5 Food and Free Garden in the City in which is it built.
Liberty: Great Mine - Tile improvement construction speed increased by 25% and 2 Workers appear near the City.
Honor: Moat Cailin - Defensive Buildings in all Cities are 25% more effective. Provides Free Walls in the City in which is it built.

Piety: Great Sept (of Baelor) - All Missionaries born in this city can spread religion three times. Prophets also gain an additional use of Spread Religion, to a total of 5 uses. Counter the spread of hostile religions into all cities and provides a free Sept in the city in which it is built.
Patronage: Red Keep - Grants 2 additional Delegates in the World Congress. -10% Unhappiness from Citizens in non-occupied Cities.
Aesthetics: Harrenhal Fortress - 50% of the Culture from Wonders is added to the Tourism output of the City. +100% Tourism output for Great Works in this City.

Rationalism: Citadel -
Exploration: Hightower - All military naval units receive +1 movement and +1 sight. Provides a free Lighthouse in the city in which it is built.
Commerce: Kingsroad - + 50% gold from city connections. Provides an additional Trade Route and a free Caravan in the city in which it was built.

A possible change:

Harrenhal Fortress Removed and Water Gardens assigned to Aesthetics with this effect: Provides a free Castle and a free Garden as well as a +20% boost to Culture in the City where the Wonder was built.

"Throne Wonder", a special world wonder, that can be built in Capital, different for each civ, assigned to Tradition. The possible list of Throne Wonders :

Direwolf Throne -
Flowers Throne -
Lion Throne -
Rivers Throne -
Sands Throne -
Seastone Throne -
Stag Throne -

You like the idea? If yes, I need your help for the bonuses guys, these must be simple and balanced ( balance is my fear about the "throne wonders" ) !

A possible change:

Harrenhal Fortress Removed and Water Gardens assigned to Aesthetics with this effect: Provides a free Castle and a free Garden as well as a +20% boost to Culture in the City where the Wonder was built.

"Throne Wonder", a special world wonder, that can be built in Capital, different for each civ, assigned to Tradition. The possible list of Throne Wonders :

Direwolf Throne -
Flowers Throne -
Lion Throne -
Rivers Throne -
Sands Throne -
Seastone Throne -
Stag Throne -

You like the idea? If yes, I need your help for the bonuses guys, these must be simple and balanced ( balance is my fear about the "throne wonders" ) !

I love the idea of the throne wonders and adds to unique experience for the mod. I'm not sure on what kind of bonuses your looking for so here's what I've thought of for 3 of them

Stark
15xp bonus for military units
Culture bonus

Free folk
Available after opening liberty
Woodsmen promotion for melee units
Production bonus

Iron islands
Movement promotion for ships built in city

Is it possible to make an ocean version of the great Wall to simulate the terrible oceanic conditions of the iron islands? So you lose a movement per turn when traveling in their borders over water

If that's too difficult or unbalanced then add +1 food bonus for water tiles

I am happy to see that you returned!

All of the wonders are very nice.
About the scientific victory, it's sounds very interesting. Can you tell more information?

About the changes.
The water gardens are the ub of Martell, no?
If not, change because Harrenhal is one of the least aesthetic things in the world :lol:.
About the throne wonder, what do you want- something like UA but not as strong as UA, or something different?

And what about the decisions?

I am happy to see that you returned!

All of the wonders are very nice.
About the scientific victory, it's sounds very interesting. Can you tell more information?

"Dragons' Return": "Signals the start of the knowledge race, allowing your Alchemists to infuse new life to the ancient dragon's fossils. When three dragons are alive, you win a Science Victory!"
Will unlocks "Sacrifice".

"Sacrifice": "An obscure ritual with fire and blood for the resurrection of dragons." (This is required only one time, but will trigger three times in the victory screen with a lua modification)
Will unlocks the "Yellow Egg", "Green Egg" and the "Red Egg"

"Sacrifice" icon from Worlds of Magic

The water gardens are the ub of Martell, no?
If not, change because Harrenhal is one of the least aesthetic things in the world .
About the throne wonder, what do you want- something like UA but not as strong as UA, or something different?

And what about the decisions?

No, Tradition branch.
I know that the Fortress of Harrenhal has become a ruinous place after the "War of Conquest", however I have chose it for its history. Harren the Black built Harrenhal as a monument, intending it to be the greatest of all castles in Westeros, and it's here that there was the greatest tourney ( a tourney is also a cultural event ).

The idea of the thrones ( civ related wonders unlockable through Tradition, with Water Gardens in place of Harrenhal) is temporarily shelved. Same for decisions. Why?
Cause Im currently busy in RL and Im also doing the map from the scratch. In fact the maps available on the net are too much small, mine is 80x120!! ( f*** World Builder :lol:)

A preview:

Man I am soooo hyped. Especially after seeing that map. The ones I've seen in the past are so small they end up making it pretty much impossible to win as true the king of Westeros. You just get boxed in on the coast and have to sit there sobbing.

How aggressive are your leaders? That was another big issue I had with the other GoT mod. It felt like some civs (mainly House Aryyn) were way too obsessed with warmongering, which is weird considering they're a notoriously defensive house in lore.

It felt like some civs (mainly House Aryyn) were way too obsessed with warmongering, which is weird considering they're a notoriously defensive house in lore.

Code:
<VictoryCompetitiveness>3</VictoryCompetitiveness>
<WonderCompetitiveness>4</WonderCompetitiveness>
<MinorCivCompetitiveness>3</MinorCivCompetitiveness>
<Boldness>4</Boldness>
<DiploBalance>7</DiploBalance>
<WarmongerHate>0</WarmongerHate>
<DenounceWillingness>0</DenounceWillingness>
<DoFWillingness>0</DoFWillingness>

<Row>
   <LeaderType>LEADER_LYSA</LeaderType
   <MajorCivApproachType>MAJOR_CIV_APPROACH_NEUTRAL</MajorCivApproachType>
   <Bias>10</Bias>
</Row>

The other MajorCivApproach values are all 2, except GUARDED that is 5 or 6. The civ is thought, respecting the lore, to play isolated from the others and the UA ("Receive additional culture per turn for each met civilization who is not at war against you, denouncing you, or part of a Declaration of Friendship with you. City-States will never declare war upon you unprovoked.") rewards this behavior.

Code:
<VictoryCompetitiveness>3</VictoryCompetitiveness>
<WonderCompetitiveness>4</WonderCompetitiveness>
<MinorCivCompetitiveness>3</MinorCivCompetitiveness>
<Boldness>4</Boldness>
<DiploBalance>7</DiploBalance>
<WarmongerHate>0</WarmongerHate>
<DenounceWillingness>0</DenounceWillingness>
<DoFWillingness>0</DoFWillingness>

<Row>
   <LeaderType>LEADER_LYSA</LeaderType
   <MajorCivApproachType>MAJOR_CIV_APPROACH_NEUTRAL</MajorCivApproachType>
   <Bias>10</Bias>
</Row>

The other MajorCivApproach values are all 2, except GUARDED that is 5 or 6. The civ is thought, respecting the lore, to play isolated from the others and the UA ("Receive additional culture per turn for each met civilization who is not at war against you, denouncing you, or part of a Declaration of Friendship with you. City-States will never declare war upon you unprovoked.") rewards this behavior.

Fan. tastic. I am so hyped right now.

In my opinion KL should have more significance (ie: requirement for victory) and along with the red keep as wonder influencing the political environment of the seven kingdom, rather than a puny city state.... in the book its the only actual city so it would definitely makes things much more interesting.... With different eras it would be awesome to make different scenarios based on different times. Any chances for Daenerys/Aegon to show up as house Targaryen faction?

In my opinion KL should have more significance (ie: requirement for victory) and along with the red keep as wonder influencing the political environment of the seven kingdom, rather than a puny city state.... in the book its the only actual city so it would definitely makes things much more interesting.... With different eras it would be awesome to make different scenarios based on different times. Any chances for Daenerys/Aegon to show up as house Targaryen faction?

I prefer the idea mentioned earlier in which they have more substantial impact then other city states but they shouldnt be a requirement, with the exception of a diplomatic victory.

If you envision Robb's end game during the War of the 5 kings. All he wanted was essentially a cultural victory. Under no scenario did he absolutely need to take kings landing. He just needed the Lannisters to capitulate to them. Same with the Arryns. They want nothing to do with Kings Landing.

I prefer the idea mentioned earlier in which they have more substantial impact then other city states but they shouldnt be a requirement, with the exception of a diplomatic victory.

If you envision Robb's end game during the War of the 5 kings. All he wanted was essentially a cultural victory. Under no scenario did he absolutely need to take kings landing. He just needed the Lannisters to capitulate to them. Same with the Arryns. They want nothing to do with Kings Landing.
For the Baratheons they actually need to capture the city to win, or the Targaryens should they eventually come in the mod. And they probably also need everyone to submit to them if they wanted to become king, rather than just being a hand of the king? well the Lannister and Tyrells have managed to achieve that. I like the that idea of Iron Islander need to capture the city if they want to regain their former glory in the continent. The Dorne and Arryn have no interest with the capital or in any case neither tries to expand their power.

Spoiler :
Although the Dornish seems to be fully interested in restoring the Targaryen dynasty and we have yet to see what the Iron Islanders think of them or why they set sail to Meereen.

For the Baratheons they actually need to capture the city to win, or the Targaryens should they eventually come in the mod. And they probably also need everyone to submit to them if they wanted to become king, rather than just being a hand of the king? well the Lannister and Tyrells have managed to achieve that. I like the that idea of Iron Islander need to capture the city if they want to regain their former glory in the continent. The Dorne and Arryn have no interest with the capital or in any case neither tries to expand their power.

Spoiler :
Although the Dornish seems to be fully interested in restoring the Targaryen dynasty and we have yet to see what the Iron Islanders think of them or why they set sail to Meereen.

OK I interpreted your post into meaning conquering KL or allying it should be a requirement for all victory types.

Your right for domination or diplomacy it should be required. But also the Baratheons are flavored for diplomacy and domination

Top Bottom