Champi Khan's Civilizations

Champi27

Proletarian

Here I'll be posting my civilization ideas. I'm making art, but I won't post it. If you're interesting on helping me by coding or making maps, advise me by this thread, by a direct message or add me on Steam.

Vietnam
Spoiler :
-Leader: Ho Chi Minh.
-UA: Ho Chi Minh Trail: Jungle tiles work as if they were Roads. Melee and Gunpowder units have +15% Combat Strength when they are on a Jungle tile. Cities connected with the Capital have a +20% Defense Bonus against Planes.
-UU: Viet Minh: If it's in a Jungle tile, it may move after attack. Replaces the Infantry.
-UB: Tunnels: Replaces the Airport. May transport a unit adjacent to the city to any tile in the city borders.

Chile
Spoiler :
-Leader: Salvador Allende.
-UA: Progress Without Concessions: Can Pick Social Policies ignoring Era Prerequisites.
-UU: Cantor Popular: Replaces Great Musician. Generates a Temporary Happiness Bonus Empirewide when used to create Great Works of Music. Concert Tours generate a small amount of Culture back home.
-UB: Cooperative: Replaces Factory. +4 Production. +10% Production in city. Produces Culture equal to 10% of the Production in City. 2 Engineer Slots, 1 Slot for Artist. Requires 1 Coal.

You can read about other civs in the Civilization Customization Wikia

Note: Galicia will be released with Catalonia and Euskadi.

So, as for the other two: I like the idea of a Bhutan civ, I don't think anyone's done that yet, but the UA coud use tweaking. I think the first bit is pretty good (I assume that agreement means trades, right) but the double length we love the king days is really too powerful. Perhaps 50 percent longer, similar to Persia? Half resistance is fine. I'm not sure if faith upgrades are actually possible.

Gallicia seems pretty good, but I don't think it's possible for a specific unit to get a bonus from being near a GP. I could be wrong. The UB is really weak, as it only negates (and then only early on) the maintenance cost of the GP that you're not using.

So, as for the other two: I like the idea of a Bhutan civ, I don't think anyone's done that yet, but the UA coud use tweaking. I think the first bit is pretty good (I assume that agreement means trades, right) but the double length we love the king days is really too powerful. Perhaps 50 percent longer, similar to Persia? Half resistance is fine. I'm not sure if faith upgrades are actually possible.

Gallicia seems pretty good, but I don't think it's possible for a specific unit to get a bonus from being near a GP. I could be wrong. The UB is really weak, as it only negates (and then only early on) the maintenance cost of the GP that you're not using.

Well, I don't know about coding, so thanks for advising about that troubles. I'll change a couple of things, so :lol:

Leugi's israel functions by having a unique Great Prophet, and it grants a combat bonus to all units. I doubt that it would be possible to make only one unit benefit from the combat bonus.

I must do what you're looking for a hundred time :p e.g. In my Gustavus revision, Siege Units gain +1 Movement when next to a Great General. Just change the Siege Unit requirement to the Knight of Santiago, and the movement to a combat boost.

If Leugi's Israel is anything to go by, it should be possible. (See also, Bane_'s Crusaders)

Oh also, INB4 I forget:

Galicia Peace:

Link to video.

Galicia War:

Link to video.

I already had the music, but I think these themes are better than the ones I had. Bo traballo!

And I think I'll put what things I already have, because some people are sending me icons that I already have, so...

Hm... I expected someone more... medieval? For the leader. Interesting nonetheless.

Yeah, in fact I wanted to use a Medieval leader, but after the Suebi, Galicia didn't have any important leader of their own (Afonso III, for example, was king of Galicia, but also of Asturias and Leon). I decided to use Castelao, who was one of the most important cultural people in Galicia, and also a defender of Galician nationalism.

And after Galicia which civ would you like to see, Gypsies or Free Territory?

Don't call them Gypsies. While I'm not the most politically correct person in the world, (hell, being Slovak, I have more than enough first-hand experience with them, and I really don't like them), but Gypsy is kind of offensive. In Civ you always want to paint the given civilisation in the best light possible.

So yes, I'd like to see The Romani.

I just started reading about the Free Territory and it's actually quite fascinating. I feel like they have a lot of potential. Are you open to changing their design? No offense, but I feel like your design is kind of generic. I think a civ dedicated to Anarchism could be way more interesting. I understand if you want a simpler design because it's easier to code, but I'd be interested in helping out with the code if a more complex design was done.

If you want to help with code, and you think you can make cool Anarchist things, yes please. I designed a lot of things but they seemed to be very difficult to code.

Here's my idea for the Gypsies/Romani:

Leader: John Faa.
UU: Wagon: It moves 4 tiles instead of the Settler's 2.
UGP: Company: +2 Culture when it's expended for making a Great Work of Music. Produces unique Great Works of Music for the Gypsies.
UA: Diaspora: When founding a city, it starts as a puppet city that can't produce, work tiles or grow. May move the capital and all its population to other city, leaving the former capital as a puppet city. Earn a free Social Policy each time the capital is moved, and the capital earns double quantity of Production, Food and Gold.

I know that it could be a bit difficult to code, and maybe impossible, but as a reference it's OK.

Top Bottom