Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions

How can you find out the duration left in a Native Training Trade School? Quickly clicked ok when talked to Chief when a Converted Native pop'ed up (to train him), so if it's in that initial screen I missed it.

thanks,
Joseph

You have to capture the city to get the land around it.
You can't just capture a land tile, but you can pillage it if you're at war.

ok, but how is it connected with a special skill that particular unit with Veteran IV promotion is supposed to get (the unit is supposed to become able to capture land somehow) :confused:

ok, but how is it connected with a special skill that particular unit with Veteran IV promotion is supposed to get (the unit is supposed to become able to capture land somehow) :confused:

Are you getting confused? Veteran 4 I believe gives you better healing in neutral lands, which might be what's confusing you.

How can you find out the duration left in a Native Training Trade School? Quickly clicked ok when talked to Chief when a Converted Native pop'ed up (to train him), so if it's in that initial screen I missed it.

thanks,
Joseph

I don't believe there is any quantitative value given (ie number of turns) but while a colonist is being trained in a native village the colour bar under the village name indicates his progress.

Can anyone tell me how to get to 50% faster..it seems that I am stuck at 32%...I have three cities and everything filled...I am missing something.

Reduce the amount of colonists outside your colonies and on the docks in Europe. They count as tories towards GRS.

Global rebel sentiment. :)

Can anyone tell me how to get to 50% faster..it seems that I am stuck at 32%...I have three cities and everything filled...I am missing something.

The other way is to increase your production of liberty bells, either by adding elder statesmen to your existing colonies or by adding new colonies with just statesmen and a farmer.

Can these be trained at schools, or only bought from Europe?

Veteran soldiers can be bought in Europe or from your King at a reduced rate (if you are in his good books) and they sometimes appear in the immigration queue, but you can't train them yourself.

i haven't been able to figure out how to bombard a settlement from the sea. i have frigates and ships of the line. how do i get them to bombard?

Is there a way to get the diplomacy layover on the main screen(Like it is in CivilizationIV) instead of having to go into the menu, select diplomacy, and then click on a leader's icon?

HI, i almost finished my first game and by the time i have 40turns left ive declared independance.
I didnt have enough money to buy soldiers from eurrope and i only had enough guns to equip about 8 people. so i lost my first city. am i doing something wrong or is this normal? also i have 5 cities..does this add up?

Be a bit more specific. What version of the game are you running? Did you just fortify soldiers in your colonies and wait for the REF to run you over?

its on normal speed and its on the easiest difficulty, i dont know the "number version" it is colonization iv.and what do you mean did i just fortify soldiers and wait for the ref to beat me. I understand i can build ships to...is that what your suggesting. by the time i declared independance i hadnt even built a galleon. I understand the basics. I sent my units to learn specialization, i got crosses for immigrants, i traded with the natives. I only had one city producing guns and i sent them to all my other cities. do i arm soldiers throughout the game or wait till almost attaked and arm the units then to maximize production. its frustrating to make soldiers during the game cuz then you lose a citizen. What am i doing wrong.

You will need a lot more than 8 soldiers to beat the REF, and dragoons are better anyway. I suggest you install the patch as that improves the game balance so you get a bit more help on the easy levels.

5 cities is fine but your economy needs to be better developed so you can supplement the guns you build yourself with more bought in Europe. You do not need to arm your colonists until they are needed, but an early war against the natives or the other Europeans does increase the experience of your troops. Veteran soldiers are useful but not essential.

One useful hint for the early part of the game is to send out scouts as soon as you possibly can because there is plenty of free cash available at that stage (from villages and ruins) but only if you get there first.

Top Bottom