What's your Brazil strategy?

One exception with the musicians... if you are able to get broadway, you can make a whole set with the musicians in the same era for some nice tourism bonuses. Otherwise concerts are much better.

WHY has no one mentioned brazil's UU. The highest tourism number ive seen anyone post on here is 900. I easily broke 1200 tourism per turn as pedro, it just takes a little timing/manipulation.

First of all, you dont have to play small, go wide. Of course your capital will have lower production from all that jungle but that doesnt mean the rest of your cities have to be the same way. Will it raise tech/SP cost? Yes but you can win w/o the internet which is your only real tech concern and additionally your UI will make up for the increased policy price if you simply build enough.

Second, dont go PIETY. That bonus from sacred sites is nothing compared to what brazill will be raking in from bonuses. You can get the jungle pantheon just fine without ever taking piety as this is generally not the first choice of other civs unless by some chance they get a jungle start. Point being it is unlikely you wont get it if you go for it.

And more than anything, when the end game comes be prepared for WAR! your UU generates a set amount of points every time they kill a unit ( payout of points seems to change based on unit killed) so it is obviously to your advantage to let the enemy have it once you get the pracinhas.

Lastly, dont propose the international games as soon as they become available. You want to end up with the completion of the games (with you in first place) lining up nicely with a carnival. This can be tricky but thanks to brazils UU if you see you are too far away when the project begins, you can easily close the gap. The 50% tourism from carnival + the double tourism from the games is what shot me over 1200 last game. I did not have the internet researched however i did have all hotels + the national visitors center wonder. I suspect that is not even a very high output for brazil pre-internet as this was the first match i played as them, would be interested in seeing what others achieved.

Timing is everything with brazil and you can easily win a cultural victory long before any others.

WHY has no one mentioned brazil's UU. The highest tourism number ive seen anyone post on here is 900. I easily broke 1200 tourism per turn as pedro, it just takes a little timing/manipulation.

First of all, you dont have to play small, go wide. Of course your capital will have lower production from all that jungle but that doesnt mean the rest of your cities have to be the same way. Will it raise tech/SP cost? Yes but you can win w/o the internet which is your only real tech concern and additionally your UI will make up for the increased policy price if you simply build enough.

Second, dont go PIETY. That bonus from sacred sites is nothing compared to what brazill will be raking in from bonuses. You can get the jungle pantheon just fine without ever taking piety as this is generally not the first choice of other civs unless by some chance they get a jungle start. Point being it is unlikely you wont get it if you go for it.

And more than anything, when the end game comes be prepared for WAR! your UU generates a set amount of points every time they kill a unit ( payout of points seems to change based on unit killed) so it is obviously to your advantage to let the enemy have it once you get the pracinhas.

Lastly, dont propose the international games as soon as they become available. You want to end up with the completion of the games (with you in first place) lining up nicely with a carnival. This can be tricky but thanks to brazils UU if you see you are too far away when the project begins, you can easily close the gap. The 50% tourism from carnival + the double tourism from the games is what shot me over 1200 last game. I did not have the internet researched however i did have all hotels + the national visitors center wonder. I suspect that is not even a very high output for brazil pre-internet as this was the first match i played as them, would be interested in seeing what others achieved.

Timing is everything with brazil and you can easily win a cultural victory long before any others.

its not that important how much tourism u have, its more important to have a steady growth of influence. i rather have an edge of influence being familiar when i start to pick an ideology to make alot of pressure on the different civs.

I finished a game last night specifically trying to get the Vote of Pedro achievement (diplomatic victory with Brazil.) I was dominant over all the AI's except one, and influential over that one about 5 turns before the world leader vote -- but it was okay because I had disabled cultural victory when I set up the game.

I founded 2 cities, annexed 2 more, and I had a few puppets. I did not have an amphitheater in Rio de Janeiro, so of course I never built a hermitage. I did not build the national visitor center, and I did not build a music guild until right at the end -- so I only got one or two great musicians and used them for great works. I don't think I had any airports. There were no international games. My tourism at the end was still 690; I probably should not have taken Internet as my Rationalism finisher. I was in perpetual golden ages the last half of the game from bulbing GA's.

It was a weird game. I suspect if I had enabled cultural victory, several of the AI's would have maxed out Aesthetics and I would not have been the only culture runaway. I never opened Aesthetics -- I did Tradition, Honor(left side only), Patronage, Rationalism, Exploration, and Freedom(6).

Top Bottom