No Wonders in Aerial Views

Baron Rakkan

Padisha
Hi people!

I recognized a bug in the Aerial View of the city. When I clicled on the Aerial View button in the city display, to see The Mausoleum of Mausollos, the Knights Templar ...... , i mean somme of the new wonders in the game, I can`t see them in Aerial View. I only can see the normal buildings and the "old" wonders, like the Pyramids, the Oracle........ .
I think this is a bug!

Bye

Well, it depends on your definition of a bug. They intentionally never generated the artwork or code changes that would allow the new wonders to appear there.

That's a little sad. I assume it was more of a deadline issue; the overall game quality is much better than PTW so I don't mind this trade off.

Originally posted by warpstorm
Well, it depends on your definition of a bug. They intentionally never generated the artwork or code changes that would allow the new wonders to appear there.

That's too bad. It kind of defeats the whole purpose of the aerial view if you have to imagine in some of the wonders that are there. I don't care too much about the aerial view, but it feels like the quality of the game is lowered when you have features only partially or inconsistently implemented like that.

I agree, but I can understand the tradeoffs involved.

Originally posted by warpstorm
Well my 9year old thinks its a bug. Last night he discovered, to his great excitement, that a new version of Civ had mysteriously appeared on the "grown-up's computer". So tried it out in his usual style - 2 civs, chieftain and build as many wonders and defenders as he can. A highlight for him is the Aerial view and the Palace additions. The finer points of exploration, expansion, research, war, trade, winning etc. don't interest him as much.

So when he built the impressive looking Statue of Zeus he immediately went to the aerial view to see it alongside his other wonders. He was not happy to see it missing. If you are reading this Atari, take note !

So while it may not be essential for game play, it does matter to some Civ players. Therefore it should be patched.

He also found a bug (?) in the cultural boundary which I will describe elsewhere if nobody else has seen it.

I hate to dig up am old thread but I cannot find any updates to this issue. Does amybody know if somebody has kindly added these to city view for fellow civfanatics?

You can't. The only items that will appear in the city view will be improvements and wonders from "Vanilla" / Regular civ and Play the World. Anything modded in, or anything from C3C won't show up there.

There is no intention to fix this in a patch, most likely. Sorry. :(

Yes i have the same problem: any new wonders in the areal view. I think it is also a computer problem because one of my friend bought Conquest and he give it to me so i can try it before i will get my proper one.
So i installed it and play a normal game and i went to the aerial view to see the Mausoleum Of Mausollos: it wasn't here. Just a green scare with a road near to it but no wonder. So i continue to play and i try to see the Knights Templar. It'sthe same. I reinstall the game 3 or 4 times but it was always the same.
I give the game to my friend and ask him if he got the same problem. He said no and that he could see all the wonders of C3C.
Then for my birthday i receive C3C and installed it. I try to see the new wonders as son as i can but they weren't there.
Same game with 2 different computers and 2 different aerial view. Same computer with 2 different games: same problem.
So i think the problem comes from the computer and not from the game.
Please try to solve this problem. It's a pain to have the best game ever with a problem like this.
Thanx

Well, as Ginger_Ale said:
Ginger_Ale said:
You can't. The only items that will appear in the city view will be improvements and wonders from "Vanilla" / Regular civ and Play the World. Anything modded in, or anything from C3C won't show up there.

There is no intention to fix this in a patch, most likely. Sorry. :(

Yes Ok but how can you explain that some people can see the wonders and some other people can't

this happens with me too, Knights Templar is one that never shows up, i thought it might be from too little space for the wonder to show up

It's not about missing space in the pic, it's about no room left in the code. There are no slots left to add new imps; so they'd have to entirely rewrite the code (Aerial View is hardcoded, it was always impossible for modders to use that feature).
So, Firaxis decided to not put the cash into the Artwork (the minor issue, IHO), and didn't dare to rewrite the code for a rarely used feature.

Top Bottom