Civ City Lists

After the 9th of June - my last exam - I'm going to put every city list in an individual text file along with leader lists and a civilpaedia entries (where available, but I'll write a few myself). Then, I will put all the lists into a single (or a few?) winzip files. That should make things alot easier. At present, I have too many lists and the organization of them is slightly confusing.

But I'd be very grateful if others would help me, as the task is pretty tedious. :sleep: It is necessary though.

Well, the default lists have been updated :D

What's New? :
1) City Lists Improved
2) Great Leader Lists added
3) Now comes with pre-pasted bic and bix files :goodjob:
[i.e. it contains civ3 and civ3 Play the World scenario files with the city and great leader lists added]

Get them here!!!

OK, another grand update :goodjob:

The city and leader lists are now on text files separate from other civs. This is a huge improvement which makes it easier to increase the size of the database. It also makes it easier for you to find them ;)

All the civs are accompanied by leader lists now, unless stated otherise. A few have civilopedia entries. PLease, I'm looking for more civilopedia entries, so, if you have them or can make them - post them and the civ community will be grateful :goodjob:

Click here to go to the start of the thread

OK...I want to produce a conquest version

But I'll need Scientific Leaders

I'll get them myself eventually...but it be better and quicker if others spared their own efforts and expertise. :goodjob:

From the updated California Mod, an updated city list/leaders.

City:
Sacramento
Los Angeles
San Francisco
San Diego
San Jose
Long Beach
Fresno
Oakland
Santa Ana
Anaheim
Riverside
Stockton
Bakersfield
Fremont
Santa Barbara
Modesto
Glendale
Chula Vista
Huntington Beach
San Bernardino
Oxnard
Garden Grove
Oceanside
Ontario
Irvine
Santa Clarita
Pomona
Santa Rosa
Moreno Valley
Salinas
Rancho Cucamonga
Fontana
Hayward
Torrance
Pasadena
Corona
Escondido
Orange
Sunnyvale
Fullerton
Concord
Santa Cruz
Lancaster
Palmdale
Thousand Oaks
El Monte
Vallejo
Simi Valley
Inglewood
Costa Mesa
Downey
West Covina
Norwalk
Berkeley
San Buenaventura
Burbank
Palo Alto
Richmond
Fairfield
Daly City
Santa Clara
Antioch
South Gate
Arden-Arcade
Visalia
Rialto
Mission Viejo
Compton
El Cajon
Vacaville
Carson
San Mateo
Roseville
Vista
Westminster
Citrus Heights
Alhambra
Santa Monica
Carlsbad
Hawthorne
Petaluma
Redding
Whittier
Lakewood
San Leandro
Santa Maria
Buena Park
Newport Beach
Baldwin Park
Lake Forest
Livermore
Elk Grove
Napa
Bellflower
Clovis
Redwood City
Temecula
Alameda
Chino Hills
Lynwood
Upland
Victorville
Chino
Tustin
Chico
Redondo Beach
San Clemente
Cerritos
Santee
Cupertino

Leader: Governor Johnson

Military Leaders:
Frémont
Serra
Stockton
Connor
Kearny
Carleton
Stoneman

Science Leaders:
Jobs
Moore
Wozniak
Seaborg
Hewlett
Thompson
Packard

#RACE_CALIFORNIAN
^The Californians are $LINK<agricultural and commercial=GCON_Strengths>. They start the game with
$LINK<Pottery=TECH_Pottery> and $LINK<Alphabet=TECH_Alphabet> and build $LINK<Californios=PRTO_Californio> instead of
normal $LINK<musketmen=PRTO_Musketman>.
^
^California, state in the western United States, bordering the Pacific Ocean. The third largest state in the Union, California covers an area of great physical diversity in which uplands dominate the landscape. The mountains, hills, ridges, and peaks of California flank the coastline, rise to nearly 4,600 m (15,000 ft) in the towering Sierra Nevada, encircle the great fertile basin of the Central Valley, and separate the desert into innumerable basins. However, despite the physical dominance and economic value of the uplands, California’s urban areas and economic production are concentrated in the valleys and lowlands, such as in the huge metropolitan region centered on Los Angeles, the state’s largest and the nation’s second largest city. Manufacturing, agriculture, and related activities are the principal sources of income. They are based in large part on the state’s wealth of natural resources, its productive farmlands, its large and highly skilled labor force, and its ability to market its output both at home and abroad.
^The indigenous Americans who had the good fortune to live in what became California also enjoyed the region's natural abundance of fish, game and agriculture. "Tribes" like those typical in other regions of North America did not exist in California, primarily because the political unity required for survival elsewhere was largely irrelevant there.
Spaniard Juan Rodriguez Cabrillo was the first European to visit what is now the state of California. He arrived in 1542. But more than 200 years passed before Spain moved to settle the region, finally establishing a presidio for its army in San Diego in 1769. Soon after, the first of California's 21 Franciscan missions was built in the city.
^The missions were established in part because Spain was worried about the territorial incursions of the Russians, who had settled along California's northern coast. But the end of Spain's hold on California came from a different direction: The citizenry of Mexico established an independent nation in 1821 and gained control of California and other Spanish holdings in North America.
#DESC_RACE_CALIFORNIAN
When Mexico's short reign began, Yankee traders were already prominent in California: U.S. citizens, many of whom had married into landholding Mexican families, dominated California's business sector. The idea of annexing California to the U.S. was very attractive by the early 1840s and part of the reason for the U.S.'s declaration of war against Mexico in 1846. When the U.S. defeated Mexico in 1848, a large section of western North America, including California, passed into the landholders' hands.
^That same year a crucial event shaped the region's destiny: Gold was discovered on a remote stretch of the American River in the Sierra Nevada foothills. The subsequent California Gold Rush of 1849 transformed nearby Sacramento into an overnight mining boomtown, and San Francisco mushroomed into a raucous and randy gold-crazed port city. Statehood soon followed (1850), and San Francisco continued to boom throughout the Gilded Age of the late 1800s.
^Starting in the second decade of the 20th century, folks began flooding to Southern California in pursuit of another sort of glittering prize: movie stardom. With the rise of the motion-picture industry, the Los Angeles area became the entertainment capital of the U.S. and, eventually, the world. But the state has proven attractive in plenty of other ways, as well: The state has been a land of promise for everyone from Dust Bowl farmers to immigrants from Mexico and Asia to New Age pilgrims to high-tech entrepreneurs.

Tulare should be included in your California city list. Tulare County is the fruit & nut capital of the world and is the agricultural capital of California. You included the city of Visalia which is in Tulare County (it is a larger city) but Tulare is a very important and old city in Central California. Also, where is Milipitas? Milpitas is a pretty good-sized and important city next to San Jose and Fremont, it has a BART Station.. it has to be included. Pittsburg (no 'h' at the end) is also another important Bay Area city. Also you might want to consider adding Leemore to the list because of the Leemore Naval Air Sation.

Nice list though. Being that I grew up in a few cities on this list (Livermore, Berkeley, Hayward, Oakland, Visalia) it's kind of cool to see a city which would never be included in a civ game come up in a mod or scenario.

Calgacus, when are you going to update?

When I've got Scientific Leaders for the Default civs.

I've updated the warehouse...to late though for the addition of your Californian city though :( ;)

BTW, are there any Romanians out there. We still have no list for Romania...although Andorra and Liechtenstein are not so unfortunate :lol:

You can add the California city suggestions later. I was just wondering when it was updated. I'm going to check it out now. :goodjob:

Wait, is there a city list for Andorra and Liechtenstein?

Huns (C3C Conquest #3 "Fall of Rome)

City List:
Great Bulgar
Pliska
Kutmichevitsa
Veliki Preslav
Madara
Sofia
Plovdiv
Varna
Ruse
Stara Zagora
Pleven
Sliven
Dobrich
Bourgas
Rousse
Shumen
Montana
Vraca
Vidin
Haskovo
Kazanlak
Gabrovo
Veliko Tarnovo
Chalons
Rheims
Mainz
Strasbourg
Metz
Cologne
Trier
Worms

Leader:
Warlord Attila

Military Leaders:
Attila
Bleda
Ruglia
Charato

Scientific Leaders:
Dengizik
Ellac
Rua

I noticed you only had the civilopedia entrance for the Huns and I remember playing them in the Fall of Rome scenario. Here is the city/leader list from the scenario editor.

Franks (C3C Conquest #3 "Fall of Rome)

City List:
Tournai
Soissons
Cambrai
Tongres
Cologne
Paris
Marseilles
Chartres
Avignon
Besancon
Rouen
Grenoble
Dijon
Amiens
Cherbourg
Poitiers
Bayonne
Brest
Bordeaux
Rennes

Leader:
King Clovis

Military Leaders:
Clodion
Thierry
Childebert
Clotaire

Scientific Leaders:
Gregory of Tours
Arnulf of Metz
Sigebert
Childeric

Ostrogoths (C3C Conquest #3 "Fall of Rome")

City List:
Reidhgotaland
Dampstadhir
Hreidmare
Eygoth
Bairauja
Galtis
Anchialos
Cnivastavs
Respaweihs
Veducbaurgs
Thuruarakrs
Alveis-Aoricvaurp
Gebericviudangardi
Hermanericfairguni
Kaldshulunid
Theodomarhaims
Athalricstadhir
Theodahadhaivi
Eraricsaiws
Baduelabaurgs
Theiavaurp
Ubilshaivi
Ufarsaiws
Swalauvslamb
Sineigstriu
Unselswair
Skeinangulv
Minnizaqino
Analaugnshulundi
Ufarplapja
Lambheims
Selsahls
Riqizeinshaivi
Selsvaurp
Gafaurdsakrs

Leader:
Warlord Theodoric

Military Leaders:
Athalric
Hermanerich
Geberic
Theodomar
Witiges
Thuruar
Respa
Cniva
Baduela

Scientific Leaders:
Theodobald
Theia
Aoric
Veduc

Visigoths (C3C Conquest #3 "Fall of Rome")

City List:

Alarichbaurgs
Ataulfhulundi
Fritigernhaims
Wallialund
Rodericfairguni
Theudisvwairhei
Athanasweriva
Oestergarn
Unselslund
Ufarplapja
Sineigswinja
Alveistulga
Swalauvsvisibaurgs
Hárbrún
Alveishulundi
Silubrweihs
Auhsahaivi
Selswair
Minnizatriu
Stainstriu
Kaldsfairguni
Selsgadrauhts
Haivivaurp
Ufarmarei
Minnizalamb
Tolosa
Toledo

Leader:
Warlord Alarich

Military Leaders:
Fritigern
Ataulf
Sigerich
Wallia
Theodorich

Scientific Leaders:
Isidore
Gesalich
Roderich

That Ostrogothic list is actually Gothic, although in varying degrees of purity (I've learned some Gothic ;) ). :eek:

I wonder if they just invented those places with a Lexicon, or if they are actually historical. :confused:

Anglo-Saxons (C3C Conquest #3 "Fall of Rome")

City List:
Lübeck
Bremen
Chippenham
Repton
Hohwacht
Lindsey
Cirencester
Timmendorf
Ashdown
Exeter
Eisleben