New NESes, ideas, development, etc

well, i was thinking of a mix of fall from heaven (FFH) and earthdawn (if people remember that). instead of mulcarn covering the world in ice and snow, ceridwen would cover the world with all-consuming horrors...

in both cases its a 'recover after the apocolypse' type scenerio.

i have some maps up in the ultimate map thread if anyone is interested.

I'd be interested.

Would you really have time for such a NES, if it's so complex? If it's going to be a drain for the players, it will be 3 or 4 times as much of a drain on the mod.

i've done it before but what i have planned now will be considerably more streamlined then FfhNes Ii which was pretty successful (at least by my standards)

very interested if Seon is, preferably from the other side of the world.

Hey hey hey, I don't start plotting world domination(or destruction, depending on my mood) until 7:00 AM every day

ooh, I'm interested too

is there any interest in another fantasy NES? are people sick of the FFH universe or can it be revisited? Is there 7 players interested in a FFH NES?

I'm in. I'm also working on Orc-themed NES

Regarding space NESes, I wondering about a game set in a globular cluster or some kind of small grouping of stars, and this would give a good reason as to why there are only a few playable star systems. The problem is that they would realistically seem to be filled with very old, dim stars that are metal-poor and basically boring.

Eh its pretty easy to justify a separate group of young stars. In my NES its just a perfectly normal granularity result + not fast drives, all other stars in the galaxy are more than 25 light years travel away, and thus the 50 year turnaround time makes them irrelevant for the game.

Also due to galactic interactions you can very easily get jets and streamers of population I stars spun out into the corona, though this would give an elongated spindle shape for play area rather than a globe.

The problem is that they would realistically seem to be filled with very old, dim stars that are metal-poor and basically boring.

Eh its pretty easy to justify a separate group of young stars. In my NES its just a perfectly normal granularity result + not fast drives, all other stars in the galaxy are more than 25 light years travel away, and thus the 50 year turnaround time makes them irrelevant for the game.

Also due to galactic interactions you can very easily get jets and streamers of population I stars spun out into the corona, though this would give an elongated spindle shape for play area rather than a globe.

See, I wouldn't even bother with that (the explanation). It's just a game :D

Pure Battlefield NES: something I've never done before because I ended up putting loads of crazy plot elements into NEB1. A hex-based, small map, futuristic battlefield with tanks, troops and VTOLs ('Battle Isle' style). Balanced start, two opposing forces with two overall commanders, but units split between an even number of players, very limited reinforcement, limited air/artillery strikes, no resources except 'supplies'. Its all about choosing where and how to attack, how much to risk, try to encircle and cut off their supplies etc.

Horror NES: crazy role-play in a near-future world where monsters, UFO sightings and time/space anomalies are much more common, plus there is an ongoing underground covert-ops war between rival factions of the New World Order. Players can search for 'locations' around the world and go these places to compete for 'investigation points' while trying to preserve their 'sanity'. Monsters and traps to be fought or avoided using items and special skills. Part Half-Life, part XCOM/UFO Defense, part X-Files.

Energy NES: Like NESLife, but with energy beings in another dimension, and so realism is not an issue. 'Species' can now have things like energy beams and teleportation, and can assemble together to form strange composite beings. Only NPC species can be evolved by other players, and species can be given specific orders to attack or ignore others etc. A map could have various energy sources and anomalies, and maybe 2D planet-like things that can be landed on and burrowed into.

I've always been fond of the concept of a horror NES. I'd definitely consider joining if one was ever made. Although it would depend on the kind of rules it would have. I could see it either being kinda like the Dr.NESes with inventories and stats for all of the players, who would try to move together and cooperate. Or I could see it working like a story NES with very loose rules and stats.

Top Bottom